Jakobi Meyers to the Raiders

Zappe did well for a few games and then defenses figured him out and suddenly he was cow poop.
Mac has had a lot of support from numerous team mates during that Matty P. debacle.
There was a reason why he started a few games...and if Zappe had the same prep time that Mac had, would he be better? He can't grow a few more inches (that's what she said), but, BB liked him enough to draft him in the 4th. I have a feeling that BB thinks both of them are closer (QB wise) than people here want to admit. Just my 2 pennies...

There was a reason why he started a few games...and if Zappe had the same prep time that Mac had, would he be better? He can't grow a few more inches (that's what she said), but, BB liked him enough to draft him in the 4th. I have a feeling that BB thinks both of them are closer (QB wise) than people here want to admit. Just my 2 pennies...

Not a chance. Zappe is the back up and he needs to work his ass off to keep that job. He never sees the field last year if Mac didn't get hurt.

In my opinion.

That's less than I would have expected him to get, and I agree that if he signed it here the narrative would be that it was a team-friendly deal. I loved the Meyers story, and what he gave us while he was here.

That said, whoever said he would continue to be the high-volume guy if he came back is correct, and maybe it's time to take away Mac's default option to get him back to his favorite receiver being the open one, which we saw early his rookie year. Basically, keeping Meyers kind of committed the Patriots to being adequate at WR rather than taking a swing at raising the ceiling.

More touches for Bourne and Thornton, throw Marcus Jones in the mix, and another WR to be named later. One of the Denver WRs, Hopkins, OBJ, plus a draft pick or three for WRs and TEs, and we still have a couple improving practice squadders in the wings. Parker can do Parker things, or be used as an asset in a trade. Though it looks like the staff wants to keep him around.

Yep, he's a Honda Accord Sport when the Patriots really need a Tesla Model S Plaid.

HEY!!!!!!! I own a Honda Accord Sport! Thing has been rock solid. 2018 2.0/10AT. 91k miles and I have changed the rear brakes and the RF bearing. That is all. Looking for a used one just like it for my daughter.

But I prefer driving the Wranger and I would love the performance of the Tesla, though not the inconvenience of charging.

These kinds of trades are nothing new to us so we should be use to it by now, at least I am so I'm not all that upset about it. BB has to have someone in mind to replace Meyers so we'll just have to wait and see what transpires.

Back