Jakobi Meyers to the Raiders

Here we go Bill, let's just sit back and do nothing. I'm sure it will all work out right?

Bit of a head-scratcher for me. By no means do I think Meyers is the next coming of anything. But I am not sure there's anyone available who might be better, and could be had for those dollars.

Had he signed that exact contract to stay in New England, the narrative would have been that he signed a team-friendly deal.

Bit of a head-scratcher for me. By no means do I think Meyers is the next coming of anything. But I am not sure there's anyone available who might be better, and could be had for those dollars.

Had he signed that exact contract to stay in New England, the narrative would have been that he signed a team-friendly deal.
It's not a good sign, he was easily worth that. We already missed out on one of the top tackles to the Titans, this laid back approach to FA doesn't work for sub 500 teams.

This one hurts, especially for that value. Either the Pats didn't place that value on him, or he chose to take less money elsewhere rather than play for the Pats, if it's the latter that one will really sting

Puzzling since it wasn't an exorbitant amount.

Hopefully BB has a WR1 in mind and maybe has faith Bourne and Thornton will step up next season.

There's a lot of time left to see how this unfolds.
That's my hope. I don't want to bash Meyers on his way out the door but I think we saw pretty close to what his ceiling may be had he remained a Patriot.

Now I will follow-up those words with that fact I think he is walking into a pretty good situation on paper. Adams, Waller, Meyers and Renfrow is pretty solid and Josh should be able to game plan for plenty of targets dispersed among that group. Meyers could have a better statistical season than he's ever had in NE, but the environments between NE and LV are not even comparable.

This one hurts, especially for that value. Either the Pats didn't place that value on him, or he chose to take less money elsewhere rather than play for the Pats, if it's the latter that one will really sting
Don't sleep on the fact that he basically cost the team the playoffs last year.

I have to say I'm not pissed off about this. And I'm not just saying it now he's gone. He was a decent WR, but lets be honest, he was no Jules or Randy Moss or Wes Welker. He had some big flaws in his game.

Hopefully, Bill has a plan for this. Either in the draft or in FA.

"The Raiders have better coaches than the Pats."

Per ex Patriot player.

After last year, the whole offense probably wants out.

I have to say I'm not pissed off about this. And I'm not just saying it now he's gone. He was a decent WR, but lets be honest, he was no Jules or Randy Moss or Wes Welker. He had some big flaws in his game.

Hopefully, Bill has a plan for this. Either in the draft or in FA.

FA it could be OBJ
Trade it could be DHop or Jerry Jeudy.

BB knows he can't get a player from the draft with pick 46 who will impact 2023 and 14 is earmarked for the OL with or without a tradeback.

HUGE MISS by the Patriots
Meyers was their best receiver for the last 3 years. Dependable. Great catch rate. Improving annually.

11M/year is way below what people were predicting here.

This was a huge miss. The front office is making questionable moves. If they let Meyers go to then go burn yet another high draft pick on a WR, time to get the torches out and run this front office out of town

I'll be the one to say I'm fine with this. Someone else can pay him.
But 11 million for three years with 2/3 guaranteed, based on the market they’re really not “paying” him. As said above there must be something else going on that makes Belichick think he has a better option or at least I hope he does.

HUGE MISS by the Patriots
Meyers was their best receiver for the last 3 years. Dependable. Great catch rate. Improving annually.

11M/year is way below what people were predicting here.

This was a huge miss. The front office is making questionable moves. If they let Meyers go to then go burn yet another high draft pick on a WR, time to get the torches out and run this front office out of town

I choose not to overreact to this. I'm waiting to see what Belichick has in mind before calling this a huge miss. For all we know he could be aiming a lot higher.

Bringing back the same players we had last year does nothing to improve our WR play.

We need a WR1. DHop or even OBJ could be the guy BB has targeted. Or someone else like Jerry Jeudy who Mac played with at Bama. Patience.

Last edited:
Back