Jakobi Meyers to the Raiders

But 11 million for three years with 2/3 guaranteed, based on the market they’re really not “paying” him. As said above there must be something else going on that makes Belichick think he has a better option or at least I hope he does.
I mean, I was never a huge fan of Jakobi Meyers as it was anyway, they just have to get faster at the position, or at least get better route runners. Meyers had some production, but I think that brainfart in the Raiders game was the end of his time here. Basically to me, he was Brandon Lloyd. Nice player, but can absolutely do better.

I mean, I was never a huge fan of Jakobi Meyers as it was anyway, they just have to get faster at the position, or at least get better route runners. Meyers had some production, but I think that brainfart in the Raiders game was the end of his time here. Basically to me, he was Brandon Lloyd. Nice player, but can absolutely do better.

Far better than Lloyd while Lloyd was here. No question.

The fuck up in NV was bad, for sure. I doubt someone w/o his QB background makes that dumb decision. That said, sign him for 33 million and sit the entire first game. People will get it and BB stays the master.

Letting him walk for 33 million RIGHT NOW seems crazy. Even if they had no plans to keep him, how about having that WR in your back pocket between now and camp? What could you get during the draft? After injuries start? Seems a little wasteful at that price.

But I certainly know very little about the situation. There could be more to not wanting him than we know.

After thinking about it and seeing the amount he signed for I don't think Pats rated him too highly.

That means BB has something else in store.

Because Parker, Bourne, Thornton alone won't strike fear in any opposing defenses.

A WR1 is a must.

Bring in DHop and Meyers being gone would be quickly forgotten.

Far better than Lloyd while Lloyd was here. No question.

The fuck up in NV was bad, for sure. I doubt someone w/o his QB background makes that dumb decision. That said, sign him for 33 million and sit the entire first game. People will get it and BB stays the master.

Letting him walk for 33 million RIGHT NOW seems crazy. Even if they had no plans to keep him, how about having that WR in your back pocket between now and camp? What could you get during the draft? After injuries start? Seems a little wasteful at that price.

But I certainly know very little about the situation. There could be more to not wanting him than we know.
I don't think we should overlook the fact that even incumbent players may feel there are greener pastures, elsewhere. This is not the "special place" it was in the Brady years. I am not throwing shade at BB or Kraft because this was coming. But if Meyers felt LV was closer to a winning situation than here, it's hard to argue with him or any other player.

Signing J. Jones yesterday makes CB much less of a need. This pushes WR way up the list. I don't get why they didn't match this, unless that's not the issue and Meyers wanted out. Maybe bad blood over his screw up last year.

The guy moved the chains. Not easy to replace the chemistry he had with Mac.

I don't think we should overlook the fact that even incumbent players may feel there are greener pastures, elsewhere. This is not the "special place" it was in the Brady years. I am not throwing shade at BB or Kraft because this was coming. But if Meyers felt LV was closer to a winning situation than here, it's hard to argue with him or any other player.

Certainly could be. He may not have entertained an offer.

Certainly could be. He may not have entertained an offer.
He's a silly boy if he's basing the Patriots going forward on what happened last season. I mean we have huge changes at coaching with BoB coming in and no Patricia messing around. Next season will be a world away from the 2022 season.

He's a silly boy if he's basing the Patriots going forward on what happened last season. I mean we have huge changes at coaching with BoB coming in and no Patricia messing around. Next season will be a world away from the 2022 season.
No doubt. But some of his warts as a player will be better masked alongside Adams/Waller/Renfrow than they would be staying here as WR1. Perhaps that was also a factor.

Regardless.... I guess we're on to Cincinnati.

or he chose to take less money elsewhere rather than play for the Pats, if it's the latter that one will really sting
It could be that he really enjoyed playing for JMD. Either way, $21 nil guaranteed. Couldn't be happier for an UDFA who told his agent he wanted to play for the Pats because they'd drafted a first round WR the year before and he wanted to prove he was just as good as a first round talent. Turned out to be a good move (we didn't fully appreciate Harry's softness after his first year).

Still would have been nice for the Pats to have signed him though.

I have to say I'm not pissed off about this. And I'm not just saying it now he's gone. He was a decent WR, but lets be honest, he was no Jules or Randy Moss or Wes Welker. He had some big flaws in his game.

Hopefully, Bill has a plan for this. Either in the draft or in FA.
No he wasn't, but he was still the most reliable and consistently productive wr we had. Now we have nothing. I hope they have an actual plan in place, and maybe they do, but right now Wes a tackles are coming off the market and there hasn't been word one that we are in on any of them.

Perhaps Bill is going to sign a big splash receiver or trade for one and wanted the capital. I am kind of with Tommy on this. I was not a huge Meyers fans. Had some brain farts. I do think the price was doable though but as others have said, maybe Meyers wanted out. I do wonder if a lot of our skill guys soured on Mac.

Again, a bit of a thank you to the Patriots and Bill would not have gone amiss. For taking an undrafted player, taking the chance on him, enabling him to play and get to this payday.

Even if DHop or Odell come become Patriots WR will be a need next offseason.

Even if you draft a good one in the first round they need a year or two to develop.
Both Odell and DHop are old. I think Hopkins has a season and a half left, but Is that enough?
And Odell? Really? Off the ACL and post 30?
Let them go to the Cowboys.

Perhaps Bill is going to sign a big splash receiver or trade for one and wanted the capital. I am kind of with Tommy on this. I was not a huge Meyers fans. Had some brain farts. I do think the price was doable though but as others have said, maybe Meyers wanted out. I do wonder if a lot of our skill guys soured on Mac.
I would have to believe that Billy O, probably had some input in this, in as far as how he invisioned Myers in the system he's going to run, Myers isn't the quick twitch slot that he traditionally uses. It's possible that Myers skill set simply isn't what he wants.

or....rather than advance wondering if skill guys soured on Mac ---- how about if Jakobi is all in for

I want to go where the people dance
I want some action
I want to live
Action, I got so much to give
I want to give it
I want to get some too

Ooooh I, I love the nightlife
I got to boogie

plus, wimmin weaken legs & Jakobi was not much of a yaahd-aftah-catch guy anyways
so no legs, no worries

Vegas delivers :)

It's simpler than that. Meyers got an offer from Josh McD, a coach he knows and is comfortable with. I don't think it's any more complicated than that. I see no need to speculate about Mac.

It's simpler than that. Meyers got an offer from Josh McD, a coach he knows and is comfortable with. I don't think it's any more complicated than that. I see no need to speculate about Mac.
I only bring it up because there was such a dramatic change IMO in how the offense responded to Zappe. I don't know though. The coaching makes it hard to gauge anything.

I only bring it up because there was such a dramatic change IMO in how the offense responded to Zappe. I don't know though. The coaching makes it hard to gauge anything.

Zappe did well for a few games and then defenses figured him out and suddenly he was cow poop.
Mac has had a lot of support from numerous team mates during that Matty P. debacle.

Back