Jakobi Meyers to the Raiders

I see this a lot; people either blame Rhamondre for the first lateral or the coaching staff for running it, or Mac for getting steamrolled. However, the only incredibly stupid part of the play was Jakobi.

Rhamondre, while not advised, did a simple lateral to an open player, two yards away, on the last play of a game. This is not smart, but not unusual at all. We have seen these plays literally hundreds of time. The Meyers throw, in a tie game, with playoff implications, is historically stupid.

Given that Rhamondre has not openly questioned game planning, not made one of the dumbest plays in NFL history and is able to put up about 50% more yards than Meyers has in any season in his career, I would say he is safe for now. However, I wouldn’t be shocked if he doesn’t get extended. The patriots typically might extend a 3rd down back, but rarely extend a primary ball carrier.
they might if he continues to develop in the passing game. i think having 1 dimensional guys makes the o even more predictable. it's really my only "beef" w/rb by committee.

You need to post this in more threads. 4 isnt enough. Maybe we'll see what you think is in there if you post it 4 or 5 more times. :coffee:
I'm not even sure of the point of noting that teammates don't like it when a popular player isn't re-signed. Why would they like it? Their friend is gone. But they understand that the NFL is a business. Do teammates have a problem when a player decides to leave a team where they are liked? Do players themselves have a problem saying, "It's a business," when they leave a team that wanted to sign them but were out-bid?

Maybe the most obvious answer is the best answer. BOB liked JuJu over Meyers.

AND he was cheaper on a contract that offered more control.
The cost was not that much of a difference IMO either way. It would seem maybe BOB feels JuJu is a better fit for the offense.

Why do you believe he is a better fit?
Because O'Brien's system is predicated on forcing defense to focus on the middle of the field, then stretching horizontally (and to the deep middle) and getting YAC. Meyers was a zero-YAC kind of player. JuJu is one of the top YAC WRs in the league.

Because O'Brien's system is predicated on forcing defense to focus on the middle of the field, then stretching horizontally (and to the deep middle) and getting YAC. Meyers was a zero-YAC kind of player. JuJu is one of the top YAC WRs in the league.
So you put a higher premium on YAC than route running and good hands?

Back