James White Announces his Retirement

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
Thank you, James White, the real MVP of Super Bowl 51.
Totally. But just not how it works. Brady was brilliant in his way on that most historical Day, and meanwhile the voters were just waiting to hand it to that other QB the whole game and hadn't given one thought to James. So the QB gets it.

deec77

Reaction score
I’m gonna miss him .... there were times I wanted to shake him but for the most part I thought he was a very valuable asset. Good luck and may you succeed in whatever you do.

~Dee~

TommyD420

Meet the New Boss. Same as the Old Boss.
Reaction score
And all hail Matt Slater in that SB when he strutted to the centre field for O/T with balls the size of large boulders and definitively called the coin toss!

he knew the Falcons were toast.

View attachment 11787

View attachment 11786
He was clear because he screwed up the coin toss a couple of times the year before. Looked cool on TV for those who didn't know that though for sure.

Phil Elliott

Reaction score
Just saw this statistic for White on the TV news: over 700 touches (carries and receptions) in his career and number of lost fumbles? Zero. Incredible.

Last edited:

TipRoast

A fine line separates a boy from the blues
Reaction score
A maze of twisting little passages, all different
Just saw this statistic for White on the TV news:eek:ver 700 touches (carries and exceptions) in his career and number of lost fumbles? Zero. Incredible.
I don't know how many exceptions he had, but certainly many of us Pats fans thought he was an exceptional player. :beer:

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score
Just saw this statistic for White on the TV news: over 700 touches (carries and receptions) in his career and number of lost fumbles? Zero. Incredible.

According to Pro Football Reference White was charged with 2 fumbles in 700 career regular season touches and 2 in 95 playoff touches.

I was so stunned when I read the stat here that I decided to verify whether it was true. Whatever, his ball security was still outstanding. Maybe they
meant "fumbles lost" as PFR charges all fumbles including those recovered by the Offense. Nothing personal, but I make it a point to never trust anything
I hear on TV.

My nickname for him wasn't Sweet Feet, it was "Money" as anyone that sits near me at Gillette could clearly hear pretty much every time he touched
the ball. He was money. Incidentally, I didn't like White one bit his first two years with the team and often called him a pussy, which taught me a lesson
about judging guys too soon. I still do it sometimes, but I at least attempt to have more patience because I totally missed the boat with him. Some great players can take a
few years to get that way and his iconic moment was dragging a couple of desperate tacklers over the goal line to win the 28-3 game.

He was always outstanding as a receiver, but he went down at first contact almost every time he ran with the ball early on and it drove me crazy. Finally, he started
running harder and blocking better and I've never been happier to be dead wrong about a guy.

TommyD420

Meet the New Boss. Same as the Old Boss.
Reaction score
According to Pro Football Reference White was charged with 2 fumbles in 700 career regular season touches and 2 in 95 playoff touches.

I was so stunned when I read the stat here that I decided to verify whether it was true. Whatever, his ball security was still outstanding. Maybe they
meant "fumbles lost" as PFR charges all fumbles including those recovered by the Offense. Nothing personal, but I make it a point to never trust anything
I hear on TV.

My nickname for him wasn't Sweet Feet, it was "Money" as anyone that sits near me at Gillette could clearly hear pretty much every time he touched
the ball. He was money. Incidentally, I didn't like White one bit his first two years with the team and often called him a pussy, which taught me a lesson
about judging guys too soon. I still do it sometimes, but I at least attempt to have more patience because I totally missed the boat with him. Some great players can take a
few years to get that way and his iconic moment was dragging a couple of desperate tacklers over the goal line to win the 28-3 game.

He was always outstanding as a receiver, but he went down at first contact almost every time he ran with the ball early on and it drove me crazy. Finally, he started
running harder and blocking better and I've never been happier to be dead wrong about a guy.
In your defense, he spent most of his first two seasons hurt. However after that, it was easy to see why they let Shane Vereen walk.

Phil Elliott

Reaction score

I hear on TV.

Yes, as I wrote in my post "number of lost fumbles" was the wording which was used by Bob Halloran on channel 5 last evening. Stunning.

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score
Yes, as I wrote in my post "number of lost fumbles" was the wording which was used by Bob Halloran on channel 5 last evening. Stunning.

So, you did. My bad. I gotta start reading more carefully if I'm going to correct or elaborate. Over the years reading posts my brain
starts to do it's own version of autofill or autodelete.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
He'll always be a Patriot! I hope he has a fun filled retirement, he certainly has earned it.

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score

Well, no lost possession of fumbles anyway. Semantics. How about "0 Fumbles Lost"?
Those SB single game records though. MVP of that game in my book back then and still to this day. He was robbed.

FZ8JLxPUIAASq3d

Roberto71

Reaction score
It’s an incredible record he has when you look at those stats. One of the all time great Patriot players.