Jason McCourty announces his retirement.

Alk

Reaction score
He wasn't a Patriot for too long but he had one of the great plays in Super Bowl history IMO.

View: https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1548042308108423169?t=eUUw7_loYGwjPP_erg7Q5Q&s=19

The preparation and coaching behind the play was remarkable. The coaches prepared the players for that exact play. "Turning Point" discussed it.
Reminiscent of Butler's int.

View: https://twitter.com/FTBeard7/status/1548039233050333187

Being remembered for a great Super Bowl play? Lot worse things in this world to be remembered for. 🏈😄🏈

Being remembered for a great Super Bowl play? Lot worse things in this world to be remembered for. 🏈😄🏈
Especially in THAT Super Bowl because there were only like 2-3.

But seriously, anyone whoever dreamed of spending a second in the NFL would gladly accept the career that Jason McCourty experienced. If you haven't seen it yet, his retirement video is 100% worth the 8-minute investment in your day. It's here on the McCourty Twins Instagram Page.

“As any kid can imagine, you have a sibling that’s close in age, let alone an identical twin, and you got to play together and win the Super Bowl together like that,” McCourty told Breer, as transcribed by Patriots Wire’s Henry McKenna. “That’s a storybook ending. So, that was the most fun. But Tennessee is home. If somebody asked me, I’m a Titan. Tennessee was eight seasons, had to endure a lot of losing but felt like we were putting bricks in that building. I got married in Tennessee, had all three of my kids, so that’s home.

“But Tennessee and New England, those are the two places for me. One was home. One was the most fun I’ve had playing football.”

“As any kid can imagine, you have a sibling that’s close in age, let alone an identical twin, and you got to play together and win the Super Bowl together like that,” McCourty told Breer, as transcribed by Patriots Wire’s Henry McKenna. “That’s a storybook ending. So, that was the most fun. But Tennessee is home. If somebody asked me, I’m a Titan. Tennessee was eight seasons, had to endure a lot of losing but felt like we were putting bricks in that building. I got married in Tennessee, had all three of my kids, so that’s home.

“But Tennessee and New England, those are the two places for me. One was home. One was the most fun I’ve had playing football.”
Clearly some CTE going here, right? :coffee:

I'm watching JMac on GMFB right now and I'm glad he got one of the 4 chairs. I'd seen him doing a fill-in gig a few weeks back and was impressed with his his presence and energy. I kind of felt that we didn't really get to know him much while he was here and he's simply great to listen to on many levels. The other new face, Jamie Erdahl (?sp} seems pretty good and has the likeability factor, but trying to fill the Kay Adams role is a challenge, since she was basically the most awesome female on the face of the Football world and her ability to QB the show was perfection. I only hope her new gig works out well for Kay. And Jamie, for that matter, because I really like the show.

As an aside, one weird thing I sort of hoped might happen when the twins played together here was that somehow they could've switched jerseys at halftime and pissed off somebody
like Jon Harbaugh. I could see Bill tacitly approving something like that if one or the other had a unique ability that could exploit the opponent, but the idea had some major flaws.

Would've been cool, though.

I'm watching JMac on GMFB right now and I'm glad he got one of the 4 chairs. I'd seen him doing a fill-in gig a few weeks back and was impressed with his his presence and energy. I kind of felt that we didn't really get to know him much while he was here and he's simply great to listen to on many levels. The other new face, Jamie Erdahl (?sp} seems pretty good and has the likeability factor, but trying to fill the Kay Adams role is a challenge, since she was basically the most awesome female on the face of the Football world and her ability to QB the show was perfection. I only hope her new gig works out well for Kay. And Jamie, for that matter, because I really like the show.

As an aside, one weird thing I sort of hoped might happen when the twins played together here was that somehow they could've switched jerseys at halftime and pissed off somebody
like Jon Harbaugh. I could see Bill tacitly approving something like that if one or the other had a unique ability that could exploit the opponent, but the idea had some major flaws.

Would've been cool, though.
I can hear Bill after the fact: " Don't ask me. I've got to much going on to watch my players dress for the 2nd half.

Dorothy Konopka is smokin'!

kay-adams-.jpg

Back