JD's 2nd Caribbean cruise pics

Heading back to the ship in Grand Cayman.

The smokestack at night, with neon logo.

Okay, this is the first of ten sunrise pics I took as we headed into Jamaica. I like them all for different reasons, so bear with me.

Ocho Rios (one of four). Compared to Montego Bay and Kingston, Ocho Rios is a flyspeck.

Unlike Grand Cayman, which was a tender port (i.e. the ship anchors offshore and you come in on small boats), Ocho Rios has a pier. When you walk down low near the ship, you really get a feel for just how damn big these things are (and the Enchantment isn't even one of RCCL's big ships!).

Shot through the bus window as we headed up the steep mountain to the zipline (Jamaica is very mountainous... good for growing Blue Mountain coffee, as well as, um, that other stuff.) :high:

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's... Special Boy! :dith:

The most tiring thing about the zipline was the walk through the jungle downhill, fully geared up, to the first traverse. By the time we got to it, we were all so weary and sweaty that we couldn't chicken out if we wanted to 'cause no WAY could we walk the 15 minutes back up hill the 300-500 feet or so that we'd dropped in elevation. In this pic you can see how we had to snake single-file downhill to line up for the first run (on the right you can see one of the workers zipping off to the right).

Back