Jets Game Thread

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
Inactives: inactives: Brandon Bolden, Keshawn Martin, Dion Lewis, Jabaal Sheard, Shaq Mason, Rufus Johnson, Marcus Cannon.

Jets inactives: Ryan Quigley, Bryce Petty, Kenbrell Thompkins, Bilal Powell, Jarvis Harrison, Ben Ijalana, T.J. Barnes.

Shaq Mason hurts. No depth on Oline at all. He was playing really well.

I love that Lafell is playing. Can't wait to see how they use him (and how soon & frequency as well).

I love that Lafell is playing. Can't wait to see how they use him (and how soon & frequency as well).

Interesting that Dobson is also active. Five wide?

I think we'll see Edelman in the screen role of Lewis more today rather than White, but I've been wrong a few times.

At least Slater is back, though how healthy he is we don't know. Bolden, not so good. I figured he would sub in at the RB role, too.

We're down to 2 RBs. Not a great situation however if the Jets front 7 has a weakness it's setting the edge. That may be an opportunity for either Blount or White but I'd rather have Lewis. OTOH, this should be another of those passing frenzy games where the Pats spread them out to limit the rush. Martin replaced by Dobson isn't a confidence builder despite LaFell being active. Play calling will be a key in this game. Be smart, Josh, and forget cute please.

Undisclosed foot injury. I think he's been pretty much @100% for a bit now. At least I hope.

He's been ready to play for 2 wks so I expect his only limitation other than easing him back to game play to be his conditioning.

First o-line in warmups: LT Vollmer, LG Kline, C Andrews, RG Jackson, RT Fleming, with Wendell the sixth man in.

Time to batten down the hatches. This is gonna get scary.

On the pregame show I just saw an interview with Jets coach Todd Bowles. I hate to say this, and I'm probably going to have to wash out my keyboard with soap. But, Bowles seems like a decent coach and a pretty good guy. Now excuse me while I go barf. :Eason:

On the pregame show I just saw an interview with Jets coach Todd Bowles. I hate to say this, and I'm probably going to have to wash out my keyboard with soap. But, Bowles seems like a decent coach and a pretty good guy. Now excuse me while I go barf. :Eason:

I like TB. :) Todd Bowles. Not just this week.

First o-line in warmups: LT Vollmer, LG Kline, C Andrews, RG Jackson, RT Fleming, with Wendell the sixth man in.

Time to batten down the hatches. This is gonna get scary.

Kline is badly overmatched by the Jets interior, I'm afraid. He's not strong enough to handle Harrison (who is a complete bull) or any of them really.

I suppose the only positive I can come up with is the old "everything I think is wrong" theory -- whereby whatever I worry the most about somehow works out in our favor. Therefore, Kline is a lock to perform brilliantly.

Just going on pure logic, I don't really see how our offense is supposed to be able to function given the deficiencies and wafer-thin makeup of our Oline. I mean that. I don't see us scoring worth a damn today and it will be up to our D to keep us in this game. Heresy, I know, but that's how it looks. They will dominate the LOS and pressure Brady throughout no matter how short we go to counter it.

I expect Michael Williams will be active today simply because they can't afford to go into this game with no backups at tackle and he's the only "solution" to that scenario. And a poor one to boot.

I hate the way this game looks with 10 minutes to go before kickoff. Hate it.

Back