Jets Offense is really scary!...

Nice for depth, yeah. I'd really like a starter, but I don't think that will happen.

Barring Ras-I being up to speed quicker than I expect, I think they are still looking to add one more body there. I have a nagging feeling that it will be via a trade.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dowling get some work at safety. He has the size to be able to play it.

Barring Ras-I being up to speed quicker than I expect, I think they are still looking to add one more body there. I have a nagging feeling that it will be via a trade.

My nagging feeling is, with the "attacking" defense - not having a good all-around starting-quality safety back there is going to be an issue.

My nagging feeling is, with the "attacking" defense - not having a good all-around starting-quality safety back there is going to be an issue.

You don't have to convince me. All three championship teams had a strong pairing of starting safeties. I'm hoping NE invests heavily in the position next offseason, either with two picks in the first 4 rounds or a 2nd rounder and a major FA acquisition.

You don't have to convince me. All three championship teams had a strong pairing of starting safeties. I'm hoping NE invests heavily in the position next offseason, either with two picks in the first 4 rounds or a 2nd rounder and a major FA acquisition.

That's great and all, but that really doesn't do a whole lot for this year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dowling get some work at safety. He has the size to be able to play it.

There was some talk as far back as the combine where they were saying that he and a few other people might be better candidates for safety.

I didn't watch the combine but there was a lot of talk about a lot of the cornerback class not really having the skills for cornerback but a bunch of them would make great safeties. It wouldn't surprise me either if he got some work at safety. That might not be the plan, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a question just based on the reports.

RichCimini Rich Cimini

Jim Leonhard to Derrick Mason after long incompletion: "You can't run away from me, old man." #Jets

I hate it when the Jet fan is right.

:grrr:

What!? That's like my wife telling me I was right about something! I'm going to print this post and put it right on my fridge.:rockon:

If he's the most gifted athlete the coach has ever seen, and if he can do it all, I'm not sure why it took "several years" to get it. For example I can think of a QB who hadn't started a a game (in fact had barely played) since HS, some 8 years previous who started fifteen games and won 10 the first year he cracked the lineup. And probably the only reason he hadn't started sooner is that he was stuck behind a pretty good QB who sorta wouldn't let him play. All seriousness aside :) the Jets are a formidible oponent but the hyperbole is really amusing. And the O keeps getting scarier.

Cheers, BostonTim

Another sign the NY media is backing off the Jets hype a bit. This made me chuckle in an evil manner. Mehta is a real Jets homer reporter, btw.

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

Watched 1st half of last week's Patriots game vs. Bucs. Although it's only preseason, Pats' offense looks like it could be unstoppable.

You'd think he's been living underground for the past 2 weeks to just now be thinking this. Unless he's thought it all along and only just now is saying it.

Back