Jets Offense is really scary!...

And coach Rex Ryan liked what he saw, now that Burress and Derrick Mason and Santonio Holmes were on the field at the same time.

“It looks scary,” Ryan said. “You have that group out there and then you have Dustin [Keller] at your tight end and either Shonn Greene or [LaDainian Tomlinson] in the backfield. That’s what we’ve been waiting for.”[And you forgot the Sanchize!]

Wait for this:

Woodhead, Ridley, Green-Ellis, Vereen, Ochocinqo, Branch, Price, Welker, Edelman, Hernandez and Gronk. And don't forget TFB.

Cheers, BostonTim

Yes. Sanchez prefers to WEAR his animals.

sanchez-gq3.jpg
al-pacino-in-cruising.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's not an act (especially true if you refer to the actions of his brother and father). That's just his personality.

It's annoying to many, but thus far effective in motivating his team. As long as that is true, I imagine things will remain status quo.

Exactly....this is his way. He's not acting, andI'm sure he actually believes he will win the SB every year.......why shouldn't he? He is a strong competitor who doesn't want to lose and is a good coach. Remove all of his yapping and look at his head coaching success so far. He has not won a SB yet, but how many coaches won the SB in their first 2 years coaching? How many coaches went to the AFCCG their 1st 2 years ?

I don't like all the talking Rex does,,,,,but i do find it entertaining and do believe it has enabled him to get the most out of his players.

I don't like all the talking Rex does,,,,,but i do find it entertaining and do believe it has enabled him to get the most out of his players.
Do you think it ultimately has a shelf-life, though? If he keeps talking like he has and doesn't win soon, the players will undoubtedly begin to tune him out.
And while i bet he's a great coach to play for when things are going well, his "shoot from the hip" approach to things might result in him throwing players under the bus when things don't go well.

Do you think it ultimately has a shelf-life, though? If he keeps talking like he has and doesn't win soon, the players will undoubtedly begin to tune him out.
And while i bet he's a great coach to play for when things are going well, his "shoot from the hip" approach to things might result in him throwing players under the bus when things don't go well.

I think any coaches style has a shelf life that is as long as the team's winning ways. If they Jets are an under .500 team, ppl will be calling for Rex's head........and I think if the Pats started to lose, ppl would want a more "energetic" coach.....although BB would get a well deserved length of time before ppl called for his head because he has been so successful for so long.

Exactly....this is his way. He's not acting...
I repeat (in case you actually missed it and aren't just pretending you did), nobody said he was acting. His a**hole persona is the real deal. I said he is a bad actor meaning he behaves badly. As you like to say , "this has already been addressed" No need to undress it.

Cheers, BostonTim

In all seriousness, how is this group any better than last year? Basically you have what seem to be even swaps with Edwards/Burress and Cotch/Mason and no other change to the starters, other than a minor degrade along the OL.

Can one of the Jet fans explain to me what I'm missing? :huh:

In all seriousness, how is this group any better than last year? Basically you have what seem to be even swaps with Edwards/Burress and Cotch/Mason and no other change to the starters, other than a minor degrade along the OL.

Pick me, pick me! Because Rex said it is. It has become jetsam gospel.

It all comes down to Sanchez. In three months, Jets fans will either be crowing about having the next great QB and their eventual superbowl(s), or acting like Sanchez is the greatest bust of all time and how he is ruining the Rex Ryan era.

They have enough talent on offense to at least be equivalent to a second-tiered offense like Baltimore, and a step below Atlanta, depending on Sanchez.

It all comes down to Sanchez. In three months, Jets fans will either be crowing about having the next great QB and their eventual superbowl(s), or acting like Sanchez is the greatest bust of all time and how he is ruining the Rex Ryan era.

They have enough talent on offense to at least be equivalent to a second-tiered offense like Baltimore, and a step below Atlanta, depending on Sanchez.

Agreed. Which is why I'm not too optimistic. Sanchez improved moderately off his rookie year, which isn't a positive long-term sign. After starting the year with a flukey 8/0 TD/int ratio over the first four games, he was 9/13 the rest of the way. Most damning is his comp % which remained below 55%.

Yes, there are guys who've been slow starters and became good, but we remember them because they're so rare. And the only guy in the modern era who was as lousy as Mark is at comp % in his second season and still went on to elite status is Drew Brees. That's it.

Agreed. Which is why I'm not too optimistic. Sanchez improved moderately off his rookie year, which isn't a positive long-term sign. After starting the year with a flukey 8/0 TD/int ratio over the first four games, he was 9/13 the rest of the way. Most damning is his comp % which remained below 55%.

Yes, there are guys who've been slow starters and became good, but we remember them because they're so rare. And the only guy in the modern era who was as lousy as Mark is at comp % in his second season and still went on to elite status is Drew Brees. That's it.

Drew brees also had more time to make mistakes playing with LDT in his prime. While the Jets running game has been consistant, I am not sure if Greene will be able to take that much pressure off of Sanchez. I think if either player folds, it will put unneeded pressure on the other. They both have to be rocks of consistancy, which has been neithers forte.

And Brees' offensive line in SD was pretty poor - and outside of Gates, he had no receivers to speak of (except an aging Keenan McCardell, IIRC).

Let's face it, and I think Os and I are on the same page here - this is 7-9 talent that has been the beneficiary of 2 years of straight up, bullshit luck. THAT is cyclical. It's rare enough to see bullshit luck for 2 straight years, never mind 3.

And like I've said several times over the last couple of weeks, 2 years of Rex and Empty Promises is cute and different. But this is year 3, and the NY Media is almost as savage as Boston when it comes to turning on their own. There won't be a 3rd year of cute and different.

If BB had two 8-8/losing seasons in a row, fans would be calling for his head. Truth. :coffee:

Hell, people have called for his head in winning seasons. This is the Boston Media Market.

janet-jackson1.jpg

What have you done for me lately?

Back