Jets Offense is really scary!...

Another sign the NY media is backing off the Jets hype a bit. This made me chuckle in an evil manner. Mehta is a real Jets homer reporter, btw.

You'd think he's been living underground for the past 2 weeks to just now be thinking this. Unless he's thought it all along and only just now is saying it.

You seem to be putting alot of stock in pre season games. Especially considering both teams you played finished last season ranked lower then the Jets in total offense

Speaking of Jets homers, I caught the end of the Jets/Bengals preseason game and dear lord are their announcers over the top with Jets love. They had some guy interviewing Cromartie on the sidelines and he said something to the effect of "So you get to see the most high powered offense in the league every day, what's that like?" I started laughing for a minute, then I realized he was dead serious and my humor quickly turned to fear. I wasn't aware of how strong the delusion was in Jets land.

Until you remembered we sent your high powered offense packing last year.......... Or did you let us win that one too?

Until you remembered we sent your high powered offense packing last year.......... Or did you let us win that one too?
Like that time we let you into the playoffs before we sent you packing the year prior? No last year you beat us all on your own. That fact doesn't somehow make you a high powered or explosive offense. It makes you a good team which is what I said had you read it.

However, you still haven't won shit. Talking about winning Superbowls doesn't make them magically appear.

Why would you think that? (Serious question) All Rex has done since he's been here is improve his team.

Call it a hunch. He seems to be so focussed on the Pats, beating the Pats, saying crap about the Pats, almost single-minded of purpose on one thing: beating the Pats. If and when that happens, then what else is there? Hard to get motivated enough to make that next big leap.

If he can focus on winning the other 14 games with the same intensity, I would think otherwise but I don't know if he can be disciplined enough to be that balanced. Hence, my hunch.

I know a lot of time the idea of bulletin board material gets blown out of proportion
The teaser quotes look bad (I'd put my resume against any other coach)but often w/ RR you have to hear the WHOLE piece of the conversation to see if it was as advertised (annoying & over the top braggadocio) or if there was more to it. In this case, more to it. He also said that he believes BB is the best HC in the NFL and it's not even close and if it were a matter of just him vs. BB, the Jets would be at a disadvantage. THEN he said the thing about the whole teams vs each other. He's giving more credit to the rest of his team for beating the Pats rather than himself.

/IthinkimthepatsfanRRapologist
//yikes
///footlicker joke

The teaser quotes look bad (I'd put my resume against any other coach)but often w/ RR you have to hear the WHOLE piece of the conversation to see if it was as advertised (annoying & over the top braggadocio) or if there was more to it. In this case, more to it. He also said that he believes BB is the best HC in the NFL and it's not even close and if it were a matter of just him vs. BB, the Jets would be at a disadvantage. THEN he said the thing about the whole teams vs each other. He's giving more credit to the rest of his team for beating the Pats rather than himself.

//yikes
///footlicker joke

I think that is a big reason why ppl in NY "Get him" more than football fans who don't follow the Jets. It's very similar to when I said I'd go crazy just watching 2 minutes of a BB presser....but many Pats fans here said that if I were to watch the whole thing,,,it's more understandable

//yikes
///footlicker joke
Yeah I saw that interview on NFLN last night and you got it exactly right.

The Jets are still the Jets (pathetic, whiny, with a serious inferiority complex). Yes, I give the Jets credit for their playoff win, but Rex selectively forgets his high powered offense scored 3 points here last fall and his 85 Bears like defense allowed 45.

Jets will always be a wildcard team until Brady retires.

The Jets are still the Jets (pathetic, whiny, with a serious inferiority complex). Yes, I give the Jets credit for their playoff win, but Rex selectively forgets his high powered offense scored 3 points here last fall and his 85 Bears like defense allowed 45.

Jets will always be a wildcard team until Brady retires.
I'm sure the Jets were glad to trade a 45-3 ass kicking on national tv for a playoff win on national tv...........but the "argument" i just posted is as silly as the one you did

Just saw this comment on a football outsiders thread. I wholly concur.

Sanchez so far in his career has done just barely enough for me to not call him a bust. He's been straddling that line with great balance, without tipping into the "decent player" and "bust" piles yet.

It sounds like another way of saying that Sanchez is just good enough not to get you beat...most times.

Back