Jets Offense is really scary!...

Wow. Even Rich Cimini wasn't happy about that showing.

Do yourself a favor and scan through some of the comments at the bottom of that link. You'll have a newfound appreciation for how remarkably dumb Jet fans can be. Thankfully we seem to have found a couple of the few reasonable ones (though I wish BZ would stop by every now and again)

I don't understand how Rich still has a job, it's hard to imagine how a reporter can be assigned to write about one team which he really really hates. He probably wrote a similar report about after they beat the Colts last year.

And i also see why people are talking so much shit about the Jets due to pre-season results? Really?

LT was over the hill when you guys picked him up. He's only looking for a free ride to a ring if he can get one.

Cimini's story pretty much sums it up, a few good things but also some concerns.

kerley is the new Brad and will fill that role quite well this season.

I watched Kerley in college and thought he was a nice slot-type guy, but having seen most of the Jets preseason games I definitely don't think Kerley is as good as Brad Smith and he will step right up and produce.

For a guy as small as he is, Kerley isn't what I would call really fast or elusive and has been just ok in getting a long look. Not bad, but nothing to write home about. I can't see him being a starter or a big-play guy like Smith occasionally was unless he gets significantly better.

Cimini's story pretty much sums it up, a few good things but also some concerns.

The Good: While the D got pushed around some, they sttod strong when it mattered, playing well on 3rd downs, keeping the Giants out of the end zone and getting two picks.

Mark made a very nice throw to Holmes for the TD, and even with his 8-16 night his completion percentage for the preseason is 60% with no picks.

Keller is a stud.

kerley is the new Brad and will fill that role quite well this season.

The Bad: Mark & his new wideouts are defly not on the same page yet.

We still don't have a consistant pass rush.

The OL still isn't where it needs to be when it comes to run blocking.

LT is starting to show his age, we really need McKnight/Powell to step up.

Our lack of depth could become an issue.

The Ugly: Very undiciplined play. Way too many penalties and the penalties were big ones.

Overall I'm not too unhappy with this preseason, we have alot of new players trying to fit into the system and that will take time. I'm also not too concerned about this individual game. We play the Giants in the regular season so I can't imagine us doing a whole lot of gameplanning for last night.

this is a pretty good assessment......but overall, I'm not too happy with the preseason. I really haven't seen any improvements that are significant. I hate the play calling and the lack of agressive plays.

I think the S.T have done well, LT looks real slow....Kyle Wilson has played well....Wilkerson looks ok so far....but Mark was not good yesterday...he seemed nervous and rushed a lot of his throws.....Mc Elroy has looked good as well

I hate the play calling and the lack of agressive plays

I don't know how the Jets approach preseason, but I doubt they are pulling out all the stops in this area. I know you guys aren't Schotty fans, so perhaps it is a continuation of the trend that worries you, but playcalling isn't really something that can be judged until you are a ways into the season, IMO.

I don't understand how Rich still has a job, it's hard to imagine how a reporter can be assigned to write about one team which he really really hates. He probably wrote a similar report about after they beat the Colts last year.

And i also see why people are talking so much shit about the Jets due to pre-season results? Really?

Rich damn near shoved his whole face up Rex's ass after the last preseason game.

Talking shit? Just poking fun. Neither team looked very good this week. :shrug:

I watched Kerley in college and thought he was a nice slot-type guy, but having seen most of the Jets preseason games I definitely don't think Kerley is as good as Brad Smith and he will step right up and produce.

For a guy as small as he is, Kerley isn't what I would call really fast or elusive and has been just ok in getting a long look. Not bad, but nothing to write home about. I can't see him being a starter or a big-play guy like Smith occasionally was unless he gets significantly better.
I don't think he'll be as good as Brad either. I just think he can be our mr. versatile.

I don't know how the Jets approach preseason, but I doubt they are pulling out all the stops in this area. I know you guys aren't Schotty fans, so perhaps it is a continuation of the trend that worries you, but playcalling isn't really something that can be judged until you are a ways into the season, IMO.

It is defly because he is so predictable and I have seen no changes in his playcalling since the first day he started. I'm hoping Tom Moore showed shotty how to use Keller who is an excellent TE......because I don't think Shotty even knows we have a TE

It is defly because he is so predictable and I have seen no changes in his playcalling since the first day he started. I'm hoping Tom Moore showed shotty how to use Keller who is an excellent TE......because I don't think Shotty even knows we have a TE

Some of that may be that Sanchez thinks throwing to WRs is far more sexy and offers more highlight opportunities than throwing a 4 yd pass to a TE. Moore has his work cut out to change his mind.

Some of that may be that Sanchez thinks throwing to WRs is far more sexy and offers more highlight opportunities than throwing a 4 yd pass to a TE. Moore has his work cut out to change his mind.
1 of my problems with Shotty, is that if he throws a 4 yd pass to his TE on 3rd down....it's usually 3rd and 10

I really don't think it's Sanchez at all. When I can sit on my bar stool and call the upcoming plays, it's because Shotty is so predictable. He's especiall predictable if we have an incomplete pass on 1st down.
2nd& 10. Run up the middle for 4 yards.
3rd & 6. Call 2 yard screen pass that the D has totally covered.
4th & 4. Punt

Has Schotty ever been the OC for a NON defensive minded HC? I think sometimes the HC's philosophy dictates the playcalling more that we can know.

From what I saw Monday, the Jets offense is mediocre. Either the Jets wr core wasn't getting seperation from the corners or the Giants secondary is that good. Sanchez had time on numerous dropbacks but there was no one open to throw to. Instead Sanchez dump the ball off to his rbs or ran. Plaxico is a decoy in the redzone but I loved the formation puttintg him and holmes on the same side of the field.

they sure did cover those Jet wrs better than what Revis and that secondary did vs the Giants wr

True, but the Giants seem to have the same Red Zone trouble that the Jets do. The difference in that game really comes down basically to one good 6 minute 35 yard drive because the Jets special teams are better than the Giants...

True, but the Giants seem to have the same Red Zone trouble that the Jets do. The difference in that game really comes down basically to one good 6 minute 35 yard drive because the Jets special teams are better than the Giants...

Besides that drive Sanchez was as bad as Eli minus the ints. Eli was driving his team down the field more times than Sanchez. he just threw the 2 ints when under pressure. Sanchez had time in the pocket but still couldn't make plays.

Someone would have to be dreaming to believe that offense will be scary

They should be better on that side and have more faith in Sanchize but it ain't scary

Back