Jets Offense is really scary!...

I guess the key word in my op was "whatever". I am just worn out by his big fat yapper.

How would the press and the nfl fanbase have reacted if Belichick had run up to the mike (as soon as he saw it and as fast as he could) in, say, 2007 and chortled exuberantly, "Boy are we scary!. Look out world. We could go 16-0!"

Do we need to even answer?

Let me act like a paranoid Jets fan to explain it all. Belichick has made the the rest of the league look like children for 10+ years. Not just in winning (obviously) but in cap-management, draft pick acquisition, building a roster that year in and year out is strongest by far from 23-53 on the depth chart, dealing with malcontents, unloading supposed "irreplaceables" a year early and seeing them sure 'nough carp the bed the minute someone gets them into their camp thinking they jut got the better of bb, while bb takes the crappy 4th he only got for this stud, and picks up an over the hill problem child, say a randy moss (with the whole world laughing at him) rings his neck and squeezes fifty TD's out of him then chucks him aside (with media unsure whether to laugh at Bill some more or ridicule him) for a third round pick, while the new ex-patriot wanders off into the land of the last big bed carp.

Lot's of folks hate him, everyone's tired of him and then, along comes this loud mouth fat-a** who isn't gonna "kiss Bill's Rings" and "guarantees" (every year) they'll win the Superbowl.

So, because (and ONLY because) this obnoxious tool is targeting the Pats with his ill-conceived bravado, the Media and the fans, forget their knowledge of why, historically, shooting off your mouth is a strategic fail from the get-go, and instead embrace the buffoonery like acolytes at a Jim Jones Kool-Aid Mass proclaiming him to be "refreshing", "a breath of fresh air."

He's a good coach (and who knows, he might even defy the odds and actually win something) but a bad actor. And I just want the Bill to step on his throat and make him squeal like <STRIKE>pig</STRIKE> Jest.

Cheers, BostonTim
And yet, the first thing you could think to do is run here and start a whole new thread about him.

I repeat (in case you actually missed it and aren't just pretending you did), nobody said he was acting. His a**hole persona is the real deal. I said he is a bad actor meaning he behaves badly. As you like to say , "this has already been addressed" No need to undress it.

Cheers, BostonTim

Then say what you mean.....if want to say he beahves badly ..then say that

JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas

Sanchez throws 2nd INT of day in red-zone team drills. Cromartie, in front of EZ, picks off misfired pass to Burress

Oswlek;1721157[B said:
]In all seriousness, how is this group any better than last year? [/B]Basically you have what seem to be even swaps with Edwards/Burress and Cotch/Mason and no other change to the starters, other than a minor degrade along the OL.

Can one of the Jet fans explain to me what I'm missing? :huh:

There are Jet fans myself included, who wonder the same thing.

Plax is a bigger target than Edwards, but also hasn't played in 2 years.

Mason had more catches, yards & TDs than JCO, but at 37, can he do it again?

Only time will tell.

Only time will tell.

How many times have we answered that question?

Only time will tell.

Burress is clearly more talented than Edwards, but it'll take some time.

Mason's numbers were a lot better than Cotch in 2010, but they were comparable the prior 3-4 season when Jerricho was more of a starter with the team.

So, I guess we're in agreement here. Perhaps they complement each other better than the other guys did for subtle reasons I'm not intelligent enough to grasp?

Mason's numbers were a lot better than Cotch in 2010, but they were comparable the prior 3-4 season when Jerricho was more of a starter with the team.

So, I guess we're in agreement here. Perhaps they complement each other better than the other guys did for subtle reasons I'm not intelligent enough to grasp?

Burress WAS more talented....we hope he still is.....and Cotch was more of a starter because our receiving corp was less talented.......the Jet wr are a big if this yr

Scary part is that I would assume that getting to practice with corners like Revis and Cromartie would make you better.

Scary part is that I would assume that getting to practice with corners like Revis and Cromartie would make you better.

Still no picks for Revis. :coffee:

I wonder when some enterprising some NY Metro Area Media Member starts a "What's Wrong with Revis?" series? Or maybe a "Revis Overrated?".

Burress clearly was more talented the Edwards. We'll have to wait and see if that still holds true.

Burress WAS more talented....we hope he still is.....and Cotch was more of a starter because our receiving corp was less talented.......the Jet wr are a big if this yr
\

Haha. I didn't see this post when I put mine up.

And Brees' offensive line in SD was pretty poor - and outside of Gates, he had no receivers to speak of (except an aging Keenan McCardell, IIRC).

Let's face it, and I think Os and I are on the same page here - this is 7-9 talent that has been the beneficiary of 2 years of straight up, bullshit luck. THAT is cyclical. It's rare enough to see bullshit luck for 2 straight years, never mind 3.

And like I've said several times over the last couple of weeks, 2 years of Rex and Empty Promises is cute and different. But this is year 3, and the NY Media is almost as savage as Boston when it comes to turning on their own. There won't be a 3rd year of cute and different.
To be honest, I think the Jets have had pretty good talent on that team, but with the QB being one of the exceptions to this. It certainly looks like their o-line won't be as good, but it's too soon to say about the other changes.

If Sanchez doesn't improve, I could see them winning 9-10 games this year. Thus far, I don't see that much difference between Sanchez, Henne, or Fitzpatrick, at the moment. We'll see who improves this season.

Back