Jimmy Graham traded to Seahawks for Max Unger

Jaric

Vae victis
Reaction score
Per Glazer tweets.

@JayGlazer: Saints and Seattle have now agreed on trade sending jimmy graham and a 4 to Seattle for max Unger and a 1st

Per Glazer tweets.

@JayGlazer: Saints and Seattle have now agreed on trade sending jimmy graham and a 4 to Seattle for max Unger and a 1st

I gotta say, I think the Saints got the better end of this one.

Graham is soft and apparently the Saints finally figured it out. I know 2 Saints fans that will be very happy to hear this news.

I gotta say, I think the Saints got the better end of this one.

I agree. Seattle's line was not good when Unger was out last year. A 1st rounder and your starting center is a high price for a soft TE/WR.

I agree. Seattle's line was not good when Unger was out last year. A 1st rounder and your starting center is a high price for a soft TE/WR.

I'm not sure it was good with Unger. Pretty sure I heard their OLine was the worst at allowing defensive penetration. And if it weren't for the escapability of Wilson and the skills of Lynch they'd be a mess.

Unger and a first -doesn't look like either team had Unger rated highly.

Heard they were interested in OLmen In the draft a week or so ago.

Without a doubt. Granted that Saints probably have to eat the guaranteed portion of Graham's hit this year, but still...

The Saints have $9M in dead money for Graham instead of his previous $11M Cap Hit and take on Ungers contract with a $4.5M Cap hit in 2015. So they lost $2.5M in 2015 Cap Space in the trade.

The Saints have $9M in dead money for Graham instead of his previous $11M Cap Hit and take on Ungers contract with a $4.5M Cap hit in 2015. So they lost $2.5M in 2015 Cap Space in the trade.

It's worth it for the 1st round pick and the saved cap space going forward. Plus, they really needed a center. Like, badly.

It's worth it for the 1st round pick and the saved cap space going forward. Plus, they really needed a center. Like, badly.
The 31st pick usually turns out to be a second round talent that has to be offered a first round contract.

Late first round picks are the worst spots in the draft.

The 31st pick usually turns out to be a second round talent that has to be offered a first round contract.

Late first round picks are the worst spots in the draft.

With the new rookie contract system I don't think that's true anymore. Last year the difference between #32 (Bridgewater) and #33 (Su'a-Filo) was roughly $300k per year. And you have a 5th-year option in the first round.

With the new rookie contract system I don't think that's true anymore. Last year the difference between #32 (Bridgewater) and #33 (Su'a-Filo) was roughly $300k per year. And you have a 5th-year option in the first round.
I stand corrected. Thanks, GP.

Back