JL's Super Random Everything Else Thread

johnlocke

Reaction score
I have lotsa thoughts and come across lotsa stuff that may not deserve a whole thread or and what the hell our friend Muse had one. :)

Feel free to discuss or post whatever in here.

Last edited:
OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
The Nature vs. Nurture false dichotomy omits the third and most important element of character development, VOLITION.

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
Good morning world!!!

Deep, true and poetic:

"If the highest aim of a captain were to preserve his ship, he would keep it in port forever."
— Thomas Aquinas

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
From my dear friend and hero who fought and beat Napa County and Governor Newsom and won the reopening of his art gallery.
During the pandemic opened a second gallery in the vastly wealthy and beautiful Jackson Hole, WY.

He is a true renaissance man. Author, poet, screenplay writer, philosopher, artist, and business owner of solely life-affirming-heroic art. Fuel for the soul.

Ayn Rand dreampt about his kind. The philosopher/businessman. Well, Ayn, they exist and changing the world.

Anyway, he sent this to me this morning.

Quent Cordair

Seems a good day to repost this one, with the mask mandates falling, a poem to be included in my next collection. ~

83146340_280919706652298_6656842124796038279_n.jpg

Apart

The walls of space surrounding,
The veiling masks between,
The eyes distrustful, scanning,
The hopeful go unseen.

The months of days unending,
The stifled, muffled tones,
The pit in every stomach,
The gnawing in the bones.

The hunching weight of worry,
The longing for some end,
The hunger for the smiling,
The need to see a friend.

The screen a glassy bandage,
The call through window barred,
The distance deeply graving,
The voices worn and hard.

The breathing through the breaking,
The winter borne till spring,
The deadened hours till dawning,
The finally taking wing.

The flight to heart’s belonging,
The hurried path and then—
The crush of need embracing,
The touch to touch again.

The having of the holding,
The granted through the years,
The simple thing of closeness,
The treasure held in tears.

~ Quent Cordair

August 2020

Last edited:
OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
This trio of songs from their epic Lateralus album is sublime.

I'm not into the mystical Sacred Geometry thing, although I find it fascinating, but damn they make good music and the journey is wonderful.

I've seen Tool live 11 times and they bring house down with every song then these three become almost trancelike.

My first time seeing them was as close to a religious experience as I could imagine. Of course, it didn't hurt that I saw it with my soulmate.

Mind-blowing.

Second favorite band behind Pink Floyd.

View: https://youtu.be/dQZ9OLIs2zE

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
My beautiful soul sister Kellly took this yesterday.

Yes, Joolz another chick. :)

Water under the bridge. The Pemigewassat River in New Hampton NH.

This is a significant pic and I don't even know if she knows it. But this beautiful woman has dealt with the trauma of sexual assault from a very young age leading to drug addiction, deaths all around her, losing most friends(she will never lose me).

She is now on her road to recovery and the rest is water under the bridge. I love ya Kel and I'm so very proud of you.

87834299_190653662347669_133413873330946048_o.jpg

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
What [art] teaches … is not a theory, but a technique, a technique of directing one's awareness, directing it away from the inconsequential and towards the metaphysically essential. Art thereby clarifies a man's grasp of reality.

"In this sense,' Miss Rand writes, 'art teaches man how to use his consciousness. It conditions or stylizes man's consciousness by conveying to him a certain way of looking at existence."

--Leonard Peikoff, 'Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand', "Art as a Concretization of Metaphysics"

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
A quick primer on all the women in my life as I likely I will talk a lot about them, not that anyone cares. But they give some context to what I do.

Melissa(Missy) is my soulmate and at least the only one for now.

Chara is second in command but she is equally amazing in her own mystical and beautiful body and souled way.

Jo is my best friend. I love her dearly.

Kelly is my soul-sister. Back in the'80's, we had a group of 12 of us that hung out with her mom and we all partied our asses off, traveled together in packs, and had a lot of fun in the Newfound Lake area in NH. Everyone started calling us, "The family" so we just adopted the name and so Kel is as close to blood as it comes without being blood.

There's plenty more.

I have many guy friends but I relate better with some women. Probably cuz I was mostly raised in my mom's family with her and her 3 sisters. I just get it.

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
This was our teen party album for the summer of '89 on Newfound Lake, New Hampshire.

'88 was Appetite For Destruction, GNR and nothing comes close to that year in my youth but this was a pretty damn good summer too.

View: https://youtu.be/Bz61YQWZuYU

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
And this is where we stand now. A freight car off the rails.

Freight Car at Truro
Edward Hopper

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
Holy crap. I just watched Weird Science with Jo again last night for the first time since the '80s. Bill Paxton was such a dick in that hilarious movie but Kelly LeBrock turned him into a toad so it's all good. :rofl:

Rip. Good actor. Happy Birthday.

This was posted by the legendary B sci-fi actor Lance Henrickson who should have been an A for his performance in Aliens as the android that was ripped in half and for portraying the epic Frank Black who could see through the eyes of serial killers in the X-Files spin-off Millennium