Joe Judge back to the Patriots

Honest question, why in the hell do you even follow the Patriots because in your eyes they can do no right. You have to be the most negative poster I've ever seen on this forum and before you go and pronounce how you're the teller of truths here, spare us the panned BS response, we've already heard it enough times from you.
Meh. Jilted lover syndrome. Cannot accept that his boyfriend wanted to leave and needs to blame someone. Brady's happy now and looking toward the future. Belichick's happy now and looking toward the future. Patriots fans are happy now and looking toward the future. Crawhammer's a seething mass of torment and vitriol trapped in the past. As much as it sucks have to listen to him, remember that but for the grace of God, you could be him.

Based on listening to this, Lazar seems very convinced that Judge coming back eliminates the possibility for a big OC hire like BoB. Obviously Lazar isn't the end-all-be-all but I tend to think he's plugged in enough to take what he says seriously. If that is indeed the case, and BoB won't be on the way, mark me down as a bit letdown by this hire. I can't say I feel great about Judge in a potentially significant offensive role.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8i5CbFhhq4

Based on listening to this, Lazar seems very convinced that Judge coming back eliminates the possibility for a big OC hire like BoB. Obviously Lazar isn't the end-all-be-all but I tend to think he's plugged in enough to take what he says seriously. If that is indeed the case, and BoB won't be on the way, mark me down as a bit letdown by this hire. I can't say I feel great about Judge in a potentially significant offensive role.

Yeah. That’s how I feel too. I assume BoB wanted to stay at Bama and Bill as usual wanted to stay with his guys vs bringing in a Gase or Joe Brady.

I did not watch a ton of Giants games but that offense was a disaster by any measure. I was hoping Judge was coming to fix STs.

Crawhammer makes me look smart. 😳
Kristen Bell Reaction GIF

Why was he hired to be on the offense? Wasn't his last job on ST? It was ST/WR. I answered my own question.

I'd be open to see what happens before commenting on anything.

Lazar said:
I think its really important to remember that just because a coach was a bad head coach doesn't make them a bad assistant.
And i think it's amazing how many people conflate the two jobs.

I'm sure there will be someone who argues that BoB hates BB and that's why he won't come back.

Truth is, O'Brien is in a unique position, he's been a head coach at both the NFL and major college level. He might have decided (like, I don't know, Nick Saban) that coaching college is more fun. He has another year of success with Saban and he will get an offer from a power program.

Were I in his shoes I'd probably make the same choice. Hours are better, players generally more compliant, and at the right program the HC is a Demi-God who doesn't have to deal with bitchy media types. What's not to like?

I'm kind of chuckling the negative reaction to Judge's return as an assistant. BB has worked with him, must have professional respect him, and feels he can transition right back in with the rest of the current staff. Am I naive in saying that's good enough for me? And I can already hear the "yeah, but special teams" responses. Who is to say that he won't at least serve in an advisory capacity to ST? None of us know.

In the past two decades, the only time I felt like the Pats coaching staff was lacking to the point something needed to be done was after Scar's retirement. I am going to wager the addition of Judge is nothing to lose sleep over.

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be someone who argues that BoB hates BB and that's why he won't come back.

Truth is, O'Brien is in a unique position, he's been a head coach at both the NFL and major college level. He might have decided (like, I don't know, Nick Saban) that coaching college is more fun. He has another year of success with Saban and he will get an offer from a power program.

Were I in his shoes I'd probably make the same choice. Hours are better, players generally more compliant, and at the right program the HC is a Demi-God who doesn't have to deal with bitchy media types. What's not to like?
Good points. The other reason I think BoB might have said no is because he is looking for a path to become HC again in the NFL. If there was not a path to that in NE because Bill is going to coach for a few more years or Kraft only has the successor planned than being our OC again might not have been appealing.

Also, one other thing to consider. Our offense is not explosive and I am not sure how much resources Bill will realistically put into given what he spent last off-season on the skill guys. In today's climate, coaches are looking to showcase themselves for their next job and I don't think our offense is that appealing right now.

The whiny lowbrow boorish insults and ridicule from the sons and daughters of Belichick are one thing, I can laugh at that and see them as they are, a pathetic sac of insignificant sycophants groveling at the feet of their counterfeit hero.

However, the selective censorship of my response by the mods is wholly unfair and contrary to the essence of your purpose. Your little oasis here is unwelcoming, intolerant, lacking diversity, unprogressive, malicious and cretinous. So congratulations for that.

The whiny lowbrow boorish insults and ridicule from the sons and daughters of Belichick are one thing, I can laugh at that and see them as they are, a pathetic sac of insignificant sycophants groveling at the feet of their counterfeit hero.

However, the selective censorship of my response by the mods is wholly unfair and contrary to the essence of your purpose. Your little oasis here is unwelcoming, intolerant, lacking diversity, unprogressive, malicious and cretinous. So congratulations for that.

Attachments

• Yoda.jpg
    Yoda.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 2
Back