John Gruden fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minor correction: Gruden wasn't fired, he resigned.
If he resigned without getting paid he is even dumber* than I thought. At the stage of the convo with Davis there was no way this wasn't going to come out. Make them fire you.

There had to be a separation $$$ agreement.

* Is there a way for him to be dumber?

Whatever. I hear far worse day to day from classless construction guys and others I know.

I'm sorry, this doesn't move my needle.

Not surprising. I mean, his commentary was like that of a 12 year old bully toolbag on the playground. Embarrassing for sure, shows a lack of leadership and proper decision making even as an NFL partnered employee back in 2011. And, there's no telling how much more of it is like that anyway.

Even if you feel the way he feels on those topics, why would you put it in emails? So dumb.

My question I guess is, other than the NFL being appalled at the racism, sexism and general bigotry, why were they so keen on releasing more and more? I guess I give Sheriff Goebbels credit for finally doing the right thing, but why does he protect some scumbags and then go after other people? Why is Snyder protected and then Gruden sought after? He's just a creepy, weird human, regardless of Gruden's antics.

Whatever. I hear far worse day to day from classless construction guys and others I know.

If Gruden (or anyone) just said stuff to his buddies and didn't put it in writing, he can always deny it. we all hear this type of stuff, but we're not in charge of a billion dollar organization made up of a mix of races and the number 1 sport in the US. (I know the owner is really "in charge" but Gruden was given the keys by Goober to run things)

I told my kids.... skip the social media shit and don't ever put anything "edgy" in writing or it might come back on you one day, like it or not.

Hell... I know I did and said things that would not fly today, and I am honestly not racist in anyway, it was just a matter of clueless/insensitive to what we were saying.

Are these construction guys being paid a gazillion dollars and need to recruit black athletes and need to be leaders? Do they have a gay player they have to look at everyday in the locker room? I mean, they might. Doesn't make it right.

Since when is this meant to be "cool" when it never really was? So childish. Not saying you, but whoever your low IQ, uncultured mouthbreather construction co-workers are.

It's kind of tiring to not see adults held accountable for being scumbag bullies in our society. When will the marginalizing of minority groups end?

If he resigned without getting paid he is even dumber* than I thought. At the stage of the convo with Davis there was no way this wasn't going to come out. Make them fire you.

There had to be a separation $$$ agreement.

* Is there a way for him to be dumber?
He was fired. Goodell was set to leak more and more if he wasn't.

Are these construction guys being paid a gazillion dollars and need to recruit black athletes and need to be leaders? Do they have a gay player they have to look at everyday in the locker room? I mean, they might. Doesn't make it right.

Since when is this meant to be "cool" when it never really was? So childish. Not saying you, but whoever your low IQ, uncultured mouthbreather construction co-workers are.

It's kind of tiring to not see adults held accountable for being scumbag bullies in our society. When will the marginalizing of minority groups end?

Half of them are minorities and a few are gay. Doesn't matter, it's classless but folks have lost any sense of the fact that words are not violence. See ya Chucky, but I think digging through someone's trash looking for something to shit on them about is a pretty shitty thing to do.

This goes on all the time in today's America and rubs me seriously the wrong way.

Last edited:
Who cares. Gruden sucks ass. Easily one of the most overrated coaches in NFL history. They both suck ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back