John Harbaugh “totally certain” Ravens will sign Lamar Jackson to long-term deal

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
High five to Lamar for fooling an org. Actually, he didn't they are just not all that smart apparently. The dude is not a dual-threat, I don't think. Like King says, he can't pass well, maybe he can develop it but an MVP at QB should actually be able to pass in the NFL, especially in the playoffs.

Yeah, that is good news for the rest of the league. Well, the contenders at least. Lamar has proven time and time again he's not a weapon in the passing game. It's much easier to stop a one-dimensional player. That flash was great and it looked cool, but the league always catches up and adjusts. It's no surprise this year was nowhere near as good as his MVP year.

I am thrilled the Ravens will sign him. I hope he gets paid in the top 5 or higher. But the guy is 30-7 and a league MVP. There was never any question he would get paid IMO. Teams always pay winners.

Yeah, that is good news for the rest of the league. Well, the contenders at least. Lamar has proven time and time again he's not a weapon in the passing game. It's much easier to stop a one-dimensional player. That flash was great and it looked cool, but the league always catches up and adjusts. It's no surprise this year was nowhere near as good as his MVP year.
And while we're at it, f*** Harbawl

"Totally Certain" ... is it just me, or does that seem like a less-than-honest response to the question at hand?

A simple declarative statement like "Lamar Jackson is our QB moving forward" would have sufficed.

But he tossed all that other coach-speak in there... i really do wonder if they are "Totally Certain" about this...

"Totally Certain" ... is it just me, or does that seem like a less-than-honest response to the question at hand?

A simple declarative statement like "Lamar Jackson is our QB moving forward" would have sufficed.

But he tossed all that other coach-speak in there... i really do wonder if they are "Totally Certain" about this...
Totally Certain sounds pretty declarative to me. He was just hesitant on the timing and specifics. He knows it will get done but he does not know when during the off-season or what the deal will look like just yet.

Totally Certain sounds pretty declarative to me. He was just hesitant on the timing and specifics. He knows it will get done but he does not know when during the off-season or what the deal will look like just yet.
why use a ten cent term when a simple yes will suffice?

I think there is a little apprehension in regards to Lamar Jackson in baltimore... Or if there isn't we should start the rumors that there is...

I think there is a little apprehension in regards to Lamar Jackson in baltimore... Or if there isn't we should start the rumors that there is...
I think "totally certain" is actually stronger than saying "yes."

I think "totally certain" is actually stronger than saying "yes."
Then we shall disagree. Nothing is stronger than a simple answer to a simple question.

"Are you re-signing Lamar?" "Yes"

Straight forward, direct answer. Think about it... If you asked your kids if they did/didn't do something, which answer would you prefer? The convoluted one or the short direct, even terse Yes/No?

I think he is hiding something... yeah Im totally Certain of it. I should join reddit and other social media sites just to push this narrative... <looks around for the Easterby Manual of Chaos Ladder Climbing>

The funny thing is that it seemed the monkey was off his back since he got his first playoff win. But then he followed it up with a terrible performance in the following game, so back to square one. I really doubt the Ravens aren't at least considering moving on from him.

The funny thing is that it seemed the monkey was off his back since he got his first playoff win. But then he followed it up with a terrible performance in the following game, so back to square one. I really doubt the Ravens aren't at least considering moving on from him.
the correct move is to resign him, we all know that.... but it really does have to make one consider... They got burned by dropping a 120m in Flaccos lap ... they got to be thinking about that when considering the future with Lamar

If I were the GM I'd have a hard time handing out a max contract to a guy most of the DCs have figured out.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as a clam the Ravens are signing another dumb ass big contract to a QB who may not play much longer running the way he has been.
Injuries happen to these running QBs. We saw it last week. RG3 was pretty good once upon a time.
What is he...1 win and 3 losses in the playoffs now? He's a winnah! ROFL

Lamar is going to end up like Cam and other QB's who rely more on their legs and less on their arm. Same with Murray. They're just gimmick QB's and once they get figured out, they become ineffective. I don't see longevity in Lamar. Long term QB's are still in the same mold as a Brady, a Breez, a "Big Ben". Prototypical QB's that know how to stand in the pocket and run the offense, not be the offense.

Back