Jonnu Smith traded to ATL

Sure, I can get behind this move for sure. Now our first 3 draft picks will be TEs, of course.

17m in 2023 cap space was killer. and 18M cap hit in 2024 was insane.

Good riddance to this but also one more FU to the idiot college roommates from John Carroll U who signed Jonnu to this deal, McIdiot and Ziegler who went on to wreck a different franchise (thank goodness for the Patriots).

Last edited:
would be ridiculous to pass over OT, CB1, to take a bench TE
Bench TE? Mayer and Henry would give the Patriots the two TE game they have been trying to remake for years. They can get an OT like Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee in the 2nd round. Ryan Hayes, OT, Michigan would also be a solid pick. Jaxon Kirkland, OT/G, Washington would be good with solid coaching
As for CBs Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina is going to be a top CB in the NFL. Yes Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon looks great but Smith is damn close.

Last edited:
Bench TE? Mayer and Henry would give the Patriots the two TE game they have been trying to remake for years. They can get an OT like Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee in the 2nd round. Ryan Hayes, OT, Michigan would also be a solid pick. Jaxon Kirkland, OT/G, Washington would be good with solid coaching
As for CBs Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina is going to be a top CB in the NFL. Yes Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon looks great but Smith is damn close.

It would be as illogical as letting Karras, Mason, Thuney all go to then burn a 1st on a mediocre-grade guard. And turn a previous strength (OLine) into a weakness. Don’t trade away Jonnu now and then go burn a high pick on a #2 TE. Go get a starting CB1 or OT first.

Last edited:
He already knows the TE's in the draft will be nothing but back ups. Is BB reading this stuff? Gosh, I hope so.

:coffee:

know your joking.

BoB jettison him I wonder?
Josh couldn't get much out of him. BoB looked at him and must of thought similar. When Smith came here I thought for sure they would coach up double the prior production.

BoB is probably thinking that his old Alabama TE Latu is double the player.

Josh couldn't get much out of him. BoB looked at him and must of thought similar. When Smith came here I thought for sure they would coach up double the prior production.

BoB is probably thinking that his old Alabama TE Latu is double the player.
Smith knows Smith via Tennessee...he should be better next year.

Back