Josh Beckett suspended 6 games

I saw it live, and I think Beckett was pissed the umpire called time so late...and Beckett lost his head a little bit. Personally, I wish he threw it a bit closer to the umpire, to knock him down!

Beckett is like Pedro or Roger in this aspect....he has the heart of a lion, and sometimes that lion gets loose and must be figuratively shot with a tranquilizer gun.

I'm glad Beckett is on the Red Sox, and not on the Yankees. He is a real pain in the arse to the opposition.

I think when a pitcher is that far into his delivery and you call time out, anything can happen with the ball. Now, the ump didnt even toss him and yet he is suspended 6 games? I have seen guys throw at a guy, get tossed and not get 6 games, this is the weirdest thing I have seen. Why were none of the angels players suspended?

I think when a pitcher is that far into his delivery and you call time out, anything can happen with the ball. Now, the ump didnt even toss him and yet he is suspended 6 games? I have seen guys throw at a guy, get tossed and not get 6 games, this is the weirdest thing I have seen. Why were none of the angels players suspended?[/QUOTE]

I think it's a case of wrong team at the wrong time.

I think when a pitcher is that far into his delivery and you call time out, anything can happen with the ball. Now, the ump didnt even toss him and yet he is suspended 6 games? I have seen guys throw at a guy, get tossed and not get 6 games, this is the weirdest thing I have seen. Why were none of the angels players suspended?[/QUOTE]

I think it's a case of wrong team at the wrong time.

Oh so they are suspending beckett cause a drunk killed a pitcher, that makes more sense. :huh: I understand what you are saying, but yet I dont.

Beckett threw at the guy because he was pissed off about the time being called so late.

He didn't throw at his ass or ribs, he threw BEHIND HIS HEAD.

That is 100% bush league. I am as big a fan of the Red Sox that there is, but there's nothing you can say to justify throwing at someone's head. What if (God Forbid) it beaned Abreau square in the temple and blinded or killed him?

I love Beckett's fire and passion, but he is flat out wrong on this one. Take your suspension like a man and don't throw at anyone's head anymore.

The POSITIVE spin on this is that it will turn that fire up under Beckett's ass a little more to motivate him, and a pissed off healthy Beckett is a GOOD thing for us Red Sox fans.

Thats insane. First of all, why would he pick that point to throw at the batter? The timeout was called as he was coming home, which threw off his course from a concentration stand point. There was no intent, no reason, and the the ump even said the ball sailed off course because of the timeout being called. Saying a pitcher who is surprised by a quick timeout in the middle of his delivery home can place the ball 99% of the time is incorrect. This is a stupid suspension. You cannot tell me that the timeout had nothing to do with the ball flying off course.
then you hit dennis drinkwater in the front row with the ball, you never toss it head level into the batters box and this is a professional pitcher who held the ball for about 0-12 seconds - do not blame the batter for stepping out and calling time, blame the ump for giving it to him if anything and blame Beckett for firing it to send a "don't F with me" message

the suspension is bs to begin with...it gets appealed, the sox wait for a stretch where Beckett can miss a game to set up the rotation for an up coming series and drop the appeal it needs to be 10 games to effect a staff

I think when a pitcher is that far into his delivery and you call time out, anything can happen with the ball. Now, the ump didnt even toss him and yet he is suspended 6 games? I have seen guys throw at a guy, get tossed and not get 6 games, this is the weirdest thing I have seen. Why were none of the angels players suspended?

I'm going to give the umpire a little bit of a break on this one. I saw the replay maybe 7 times, not exaggerating, like alot of people did, and the umpire actually granted time at the very instant Beckett started to move toward the plate. I mean that very instant. So the umpire couldn't change his call fast enough.

But I still like what Beckett did...the batter wasn't going to get hit; and it beats the hell out of Beckett pulling some muscle in his arm, because he retarded his delivery (like that? he could have 'retarded his delivery')

He'll miss one game; hopefully his stand-in will pitch decently.

Ghey suspension, he threw at him, didn't hit him, had not been warned. Does it hurt, not really, is it a big deal, not really, but jesus, he didn't hit him and hadn't been warned. No reason for a suspension. Oh noez, it was within 2 feet of Bobby "I'm askeered of walls" Abreu's head. I'm shocked Bobby didn't hit the dirt before the pitch was thrown. Pussy. Someone could get hurt. You'll shoot your eye out, kid. Pussy call.

Oh am not mad about the 6 that it will effect us, that is just one game and he will be fine, it just the absurdity of it all

I know some people are going to hate this. Beckett Should have never got off the pitcher mound and walked toward the batter. IT is a automatic ejection if the batter does it to the pitcher. A one game suspenion is not bad.

Coming from the same fans that agreed with Manny for complaining whenever a pitch was above belt high. complete busch league by beckett. Oh wait you've forgotten Manny you know the guy that won you 2 titles

Coming from the same fans that agreed with Manny for complaining whenever a pitch was above belt high. complete busch league by beckett. Oh wait you've forgotten Manny you know the guy that won you 2 titles

Trolling Score (Zero to Ten Scale)

Originality 3
Grammar 0
Wittiness 2

Overall Score- 5/30

Not Good- You need to work on all areas of Trolling. You are predictable, less than tactful, and your grammar flat out sucks. Try trolling some other boards before coming back here with your baby nuts.

Epic Fail.

Is busch league some kind of beer league? Those are fun

numbnuts read the whole thread before commenting next time

maybe this year Chamberlan will get fined for his throws at Youk...that be cool huh?!?!?!?!?!?

I know some people are going to hate this. Beckett Should have never got off the pitcher mound and walked toward the batter. IT is a automatic ejection if the batter does it to the pitcher. A one game suspenion is not bad.

They should have ejected him then on the spot not wait until after the game to do the action

But it is not as bad as first appeared, one game he will be gone at most probably

Josh is Josh like him or hate him for what he is, still am glad he is on our squad;)

You must be a Yankme fan...

Didn't Jaba the hut Chamberlin throw at Youk 3 times last season?

where was his suspension?

If MLB wanted to get rid of these brawls or bench clearing incidents it would be very easy, make a rule you can't leave the dugout or your position -- if you do you're suspended..

If MLB wanted to get rid of these brawls or bench clearing incidents it would be very easy, make a rule you can't leave the dugout or your position -- if you do you're suspended..
you can not do that as the pitchers arm is too valuable to let some freak bounce him on it and blow it out in a fight while everyone watches fom their positions

I say you do not empty the benches or bullpen like hockey and anyone charging the mound has to fight 9 guys by himself - that will deter charging the mound

you can not do that as the pitchers arm is too valuable to let some freak bounce him on it and blow it out in a fight while everyone watches fom their positions

I say you do not empty the benches or bullpen like hockey and anyone charging the mound has to fight 9 guys by himself - that will deter charging the mound

Let the catcher tackle the guy like they do 99% of the time, make everyone else stay put..

I like the 1 on 9 myself but yeah that works until the guy is 1/2 to first and charges the mound in order to eliminate the pursuit angles

Maybe the empires can taser guys who get out of line?

Back