Jules is released, expected to retire

Edelperson cut. REALLY sucks his Pats career ended in this fashion. Nothing but love for everything he gave the franchise!

Patriots cut Edelman with failed physical designation

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Great story about Jules and Matt Slater. They rented a place together for a few years back then and supported each other when it looked like neither player might make it. When Slater got married, Jules asked could he come and live in their spare room! They were very close. I remember Slater said this in 2019.

"Part of me is not amazed anymore because that is who he is, but then you kind of take that for granted. I don't think you can take a guy like Julian for granted. I honestly think sometimes he can go out there and die, not literally, but he will give you everything he has until he can't. That is just rare. Not only for this era of football, but I think for any era of football to have a guy like that -- just his will to go out and compete and win, and to play through whatever is going on is really unmatched in my mind."

Remember him tackling Vince Young while playing defense in that Eagles years back?

Sure will miss him.

Before he established himself as the go-to guy after Welker, he showed his willingness to do whatever it took to ensure he had a place on the roster.

Playing DB in the 11 season when we had DBs dropping like flies just shows what a great teammate he was

my tearjerker one i love but can't find video of is after 51 when he finds his dad. if anyone has read about their relationship, it brings even more to that moment. i've long said that jules is the only Patriot who ever had a tougher coach than bb.

"Part of me is not amazed anymore because that is who he is, but then you kind of take that for granted. I don't think you can take a guy like Julian for granted. I honestly think sometimes he can go out there and die, not literally, but he will give you everything he has until he can't. That is just rare. Not only for this era of football, but I think for any era of football to have a guy like that -- just his will to go out and compete and win, and to play through whatever is going on is really unmatched in my mind."

I like to bring up that awful "Ray Rice" playoff beating by the Ravens for one reason only. Jules.

He was still finding his way as a young player then and had only 44 yards in receiving to go along with 2 TDs, which accounted for our only points on that bleak day, but what
the stat sheet didn't show was how hard he played that day. He blocked like maniac, broke a bunch of tackles and refused to quit while the rest of the team played like they were sleepwalking. It was an example of a guy that would not accept the obvious. He just didn't care what the scoreboard said-- he was not rolling over for anybody.

I decided right then that the kid had the "heart of a lion" and have said it ever since. He elevated us in terms of sheer will and spirit and I will admit to getting misty-eyed watching his statement. I felt like he was thanking me, personally. No, Jules, thank YOU.

It's a terrible stereotype in so many ways, but there's just something about the "blue-collar" player like Jules that just makes them such fan favourites. Willie Mac talked about that on NFLN, that Jules was the quintessential blue-collar hard-working never say die player. The fans latch onto guys like that very quickly and those players become totems for the team. If they're playing well and on form, the team plays well.

I agree that the Hall is supposed to be about impact and I cannot think of any WR that had a bigger impact on us winning chips than Jules. We all know had he been playing for us 2011 instead of Welker, "the drop" never happens. Unfortunately, the NFL HoF is terrible when it comes to receivers. You have to have the regular season stats to even get considered and I don't think Jules has enough. Ironically, if he had Welker's regular season numbers, he would have an excellent chance. I think being SB MVP helps him tremendously though so we will see. I give him a punchers chance at least.

This may have been posted earlier. When people were upset that the Patriots cut Jules they were actually doing him a favor.
According to Mike G on NFLN, by cutting him Jules will get a $2 million insurance payment because he was cut due to his knee injury.

Back