Julio Jones

I’ve never said he sucks. But playing outside in the northeast is one of many reasons why he’s a bad fit for this team.
The Patriots aren’t winning a super bowl this year. With or without Julio. Don’t trade away draft assets for a guy who’s not even gonna be around long enough to catch passes from Mac.
Wait does that make sense. I mean, Mac only has nine games left.???

Cheers

I think he needs to actually look at Jones' career. In games away against teams like Chicago, Philly, Green Bay he's put up monster numbers, no different to when he plays in the south/domes. He broke his single-game record in 2014 in Green Bay with 259 yards on 11 receptions.

There is no issue in that regard, he's just a spectacular player.
That's the problem when you start with an agenda to prove (BB doesn't draft well or sign good players, that Brady made BB, that Brady does everything well, that any QB who comes after Brady cannot be any good) and then invent 'facts' to back up your 'given.' You end up with silly, nosensical things.

If Atlanta is trading Jones, then something is obviously wrong with Jones, but when BB trades Brady, Seymour etc something is wrong with BB.

When the wheels fell off starting Thansgiving 2019 and Brady went 2-5 in December/Jan, it was because He had crappy receivers and TEs. When Cam came in in 2020 without tc or presseason games and went 7-9 with those same WRs and worse TEs, it was because Cam sucked. Granted, 7-9 is not good, but it beats 2-5. Is it impossible that Cam actually did better than Brady with

Mac Jones is a product of good receivers and cannot elevate players, while QB Brady made every one around better. (I agree with the latter, but the former is not impossible as claimed.)

I'm not saying Cam was good or that Mac Jones is the next Brady, but Brady was't good in 2019, Cam was far behind with the same cast of characters, and there are many points of comparison between untested Mac Jones and Tom Brady.

Meantime, it's halfway between humorous and tedious to listen to the Tiresome Threesome:

"Brady had 24 TDs in 2019. WIth the same basic offense Newton only had 8."

"Newton had 20."

"No, 12 of them were rushing TDs. Don't count."

"I thought you said that Mac Jones couldn't be as good as other QBs because he isn't a threat to run. Rushing TDs aren't good?"

"I don't kow why you hate Brady so much."

That's the problem when you start with an agenda to prove (BB doesn't draft well or sign good players, that Brady made BB, that Brady does everything well, that any QB who comes after Brady cannot be any good) and then invent 'facts' to back up your 'given.' You end up with silly, nosensical things.

If Atlanta is trading Jones, then something is obviously wrong with Jones, but when BB trades Brady, Seymour etc something is wrong with BB.

When the wheels fell off starting Thansgiving 2019 and Brady went 2-5 in December/Jan, it was because He had crappy receivers and TEs. When Cam came in in 2020 without tc or presseason games and went 7-9 with those same WRs and worse TEs, it was because Cam sucked. Granted, 7-9 is not good, but it beats 2-5. Is it impossible that Cam actually did better than Brady with

Mac Jones is a product of good receivers and cannot elevate players, while QB Brady made every one around better. (I agree with the latter, but the former is not impossible as claimed.)

I'm not saying Cam was good or that Mac Jones is the next Brady, but Brady was't good in 2019, Cam was far behind with the same cast of characters, and there are many points of comparison between untested Mac Jones and Tom Brady.

Meantime, it's halfway between humorous and tedious to listen to the Tiresome Threesome:

"Newton had 20."

"I thought you said that Mac Jones couldn't be as good as other QBs because he isn't a threat to run. Rushing TDs aren't good?"

Sweet Jesus man!! Do you realise what you've just done?!

batman-bat-signal-michael-stout.jpg

Julio has never played in cold weather. College or Pros. I think that’s a huge deal that no ones talking about. The whole division outside of Miami sees some tough ass weather.
That has got to be one of the most BS things that "experts" throw around. How many players come to the Patriots from warm weather states and do just fine? Gronk came from Arizona for crying out loud. Sounds to me like you don't want Jones with the Patriots for whatever reason and you're just grasping at straws. We're talking about professional athletes here not a bunch of average joes like us who have nothing better to do than complain about the weather.

That has got to be one of the most BS things that "experts" throw around. How many players come to the Patriots from warm weather states and do just fine? Gronk came from Arizona for crying out loud. Sounds to me like you don't want Jones with the Patriots for whatever reason and you're just grasping at straws. We're talking about professional athletes here not a bunch of average joes like us who have nothing better to do than complain about the weather.
Tom and Jules come from California! Willie Mac, Long Beach; Teddy Bruschi, Matt Slater, California; Vince Wilfork and James White, Florida; John Hannah, Georgia, I mean we could be here all day!

All I know is that I most definitely want Julio Jones' over-the-hill, gay, overpaid, often injured, warm weather ass in Foxboro ASAP.

Did I miss anything?
Julio is gay? I did not know that. I thought he was married.

The betting odds are heavily Patriot right now. Even though I am not a fan of this trade if it happens, I will be psyched to have Julio on board. We need to be more dynamic and hope that either Cam can somehow utilize him well or Mac starts games sooner rather than later.

Julio for draft capital. No.

Julio for Gilmore. Ok.

(And I think our pass rush will be significantly improved to help the back end of the defense).

The betting odds are heavily Patriot right now. Even though I am not a fan of this trade if it happens, I will be psyched to have Julio on board. We need to be more dynamic and hope that either Cam can somehow utilize him well or Mac starts games sooner rather than later.
I'm looking at the second game against the JETE as a possible start for Mac unless Cam is playing well.

I'm looking at the second game against the JETE as a possible start for Mac unless Cam is playing well.
That would be awesome. I hope he can win it outright in TC. The first two games vs the Fins and JETE are perfect for him IMO. Hopefully he progresses to that point and impresses Bill enough.

"Newton had 20."

"The Tiresome Threesome" - official nominee for the 2021 PPPP (Patriots Planet Pulitzer Prize)...Bravissimo!

Back