Julio Jones

Needs his own thread.

Place your bets now.

I'm pushing the chips to the middle of the table.

With the way Bill has attacked this off-season I think if he can he will.

Only benefits the entire offense.

Bookies odds have Pats as favourites ahead of the Chargers and Colts. But there must huge options here. Niners, Ratbirds, Rams will all be in the mix surely.

Bill and co will be a compelling destination though for Jones.

I wasn't all for it, but after reading Julio can be had with a 2nd or 3rd rounder, I'm all in.

He’s got about 9 good games left in him.

I don’t think that’s worth a 3rd rounder.

He’s got about 9 good games left in him.

I don’t think that’s worth a 3rd rounder.

So you complain BB can't draft, but you're opposed to getting a proven, bonafide number 1 receiver for a third because it's "not worth" that?

No, my 3 was the 3 years left on his contract. I was saying a 1st rounder. It's risky with his age and health though.

Sent from my Commodore VIC 20 using Tapatalk

So you complain BB can't draft, but you're opposed to getting a proven, bonafide number 1 receiver for a third because it's "not worth" that?
If the Falcons are willing to let him go for a 3rd then they know something we don’t.
I don’t think your getting a bonifide number one anymore. As I stated above, I think he’s got about nine good games left. Receivers like him tend to fall off quick at 31 or 32. He’s always had some nagging injury, and at that age it starts to catch you.
Last year his best game against a good defense was against the saints when he went for 94 yards. I think at that point they had some injuries in the secondary. His other game against them he went for 30 or 40. Outside of that most of his yards came against some really bad secondaries including the Seahawks and Vikings. Thats with Ridley taking significant heat off of him, and a pretty good QB. He finished with 700ish yards and 3, yes 3 TDs. He’s not a red zone threat at all even in his prime, and he’s looked ready to retire for two years.
Plus he was playing for a team that couldn’t run or play defense. About the total opposite situation he’d be in here.

Last edited:
This same thread is on the Bills forum, too. End of his career, health issues, not worth it for a team trying to get back to, or in the Bills case, remain at the top.

This same thread is on the Bills forum, too. End of his career, health issues, not worth it for a team trying to get back to, or in the Bills case, remain at the top.
You guys really don't need him. I would think defense would be better.

He's really not a fit for the Pats O right now. Given all we spent in FA it's clear Bill wants to be a ground and pound team with the TEs working the middle. We paid Agahlor to be the guy to take the top off occasionally. To spend a 2 on a 32 year old receiver on the decline seems counter to what we are building right now. Give Jones a couple of years than get the #1 receiver.

He does seem a good fit, personality-wise. You never hear anything from him, he seems a Hightower kind of player, head down and just does the work.

Jones also reportedly likes the idea of playing with Patriots quarterback Cam Newton. Jones went to Alabama and played under Nick Saban, so there’s that connection. Newton’s eventual successor is another Alabama product, Mac Jones. And Jones’ personality seems to fit with the Patriots. He’s a legitimate All-Pro wide receiver who’s never shown any diva tendencies.

Jones would be the best WR on the team if signed. His salary is commensurate with such a player and, if the Pats can afford Jones and not have to pay an exorbitant cost to acquire him (say more than a 2nd rounder), why the heck not?

I'd love to see this happen, JJ is a legit threat on the outside and has mad ball skills. Make it happen Bill, you know you wanna.

Back