Julio Jones

I don’t think anyone’s been dishonest. We all love Patriot football.
Sometimes I worry about how negative I always sound, but I can’t hide how I feel about Belichick. I don’t have an agenda but to me he’s always gonna be the coach who choose defense in overtime against the Jets. The coach who left Malcom Butler crying on the sidelines in the super bowl. The coach who blew a decades worth of second round picks on crappy safeties and corners. The coach who’s awful attitude and worse drafting everyday drove away the greatest QB in nfl history. The coach who lost a playoff game after benching Welker for the first drive which was just stupid. The coach who let Joe flacco and Eli Manning carve up his defenses. The coach who thinks it’s all about him and he can coach up anyone. He legitimately thought Brady was a system QB. I think most of y’all do too.
I sure have a ton of respect for everyone on here. Especially some of those who disagree the most with my posts. I’m not on here to be a troll and get a reaction. I just have fun discussing my favorite team. I’ll try to limit my posts until the season gets started. I’m not trying to bring anyone down, and I’m definitely not trying to hurt the mood of the board. It’s just that I truly believe that BB is an awful GM, an overrated head coach, but a great defensive coordinator from a bygone era. We’re gonna find out this season, that’s for sure.

He's won 8 Super Bowls overall. He's been to 11 Super Bowls as a coach. He's won 6 as a HC. What you are doing is nitpicking with a magnifying glass. It's just baffling if it isn't trolling.

There's literally no other coach he can be compared with because he trumps all other HCs in accomplishments. If you think BB is overrated, I wonder how you rate the other 31 NFL head coaches considering none of them even come close to BB in any stat.

He legitimately thought Brady was a system QB. I think most of y’all do too.
I don't agree at all with your opinion of bb. but this in particular is a head-scratcher. disagreement with some of bb's decisions, i get. but i've never seen or heard anything that suggests he felt this way. as a matter of fact, i just rewatched a bit of the top "100 alltime players" series with him and tb and his praise for tb was immense. he has always said there is no qb he'd rather have than tb. he knows tb is the g.o.a.t. what he also knows is that at some point in every player's career the positives will be outweighed by other considerations, even with the g.o.a.t. pretty sure his favorite defensive player, l.t. would have gotten the boot too at some point if he had control of the nyg when it became necessary.

Mike Reiss' trade proposal for Julio

New England Patriots

Mike Reiss' offer: The Patriots would send a 2022 second-rounder and QB Jarrett Stidham.

Why make this offer? Drafting and developing wide receivers has been a challenge for the Patriots under Bill Belichick, so the possibility of trading for a No. 1-caliber option is a unique opportunity. That's especially true in a year the Patriots have tried to capitalize on a market inefficiency, having cap space while many teams do not.

Jones would slide in above Nelson Agholor, Kendrick Bourne and Jakobi Meyers on the Patriots' WR depth chart, and pairing that group with a revamped tight end room led by free-agent signings Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith would further transform the Patriots' passing game. Defenses would have to think twice about crowding the middle of the field to take away the TEs, also having to respect Jones as a threat on the outside. Want to make life easier for rookie QB Mac Jones should the Patriots turn to him? Surround him with talent similar to what he had at Alabama.

A key part of the deal would be restructuring Jones' contract, turning part of his $15.3 million base salary into a signing bonus and spreading out the cap hit into 2022 and 2023. Jones wins because he gets some upfront money, the Falcons can feel good about doing right for a franchise stalwart, and the Patriots can maintain some salary-cap flexibility in 2021. (New England currently has a little over $15 million in space.)

As for Stidham, who once had a path to the Patriots' No. 1 spot before a dramatic turn, it would be a fresh start to learn behind Matt Ryan and see if he can realize his potential under Arthur Smith, who did wonders for Ryan Tannehill in Tennessee. -- Reiss

Mike and I disagree on this being enough to get it done. He doesn't either actually but he also thinks it wouldn't be like BB to go much farther. I agree with that.
The Eagles have 2 1st rnd picks next year and they entered the bidding on Friday.
The Rams don't have the draft capital.
The 9ers may be in on Julio according to some.

Numerous threads keep getting hijacked. Over the same topic. It shows what happens .When you built your entire fandom around 1 player on a team . Get spoiled rotten for 19 years . You don’t want to talk about anything else.
Which brings me back full circle to this: there are lots of people, including some here, who mistakenly consider themselves all-in Patriots fans. But, they're not. They're actually Brady fans first. Nothing wrong with that at all, except denying it.

I don’t think anyone’s been dishonest. We all love Patriot football.
Sometimes I worry about how negative I always sound, but I can’t hide how I feel about Belichick. I don’t have an agenda but to me he’s always gonna be the coach who choose defense in overtime against the Jets. The coach who left Malcom Butler crying on the sidelines in the super bowl. The coach who blew a decades worth of second round picks on crappy safeties and corners. The coach who’s awful attitude and worse drafting everyday drove away the greatest QB in nfl history. The coach who lost a playoff game after benching Welker for the first drive which was just stupid. The coach who let Joe flacco and Eli Manning carve up his defenses. The coach who thinks it’s all about him and he can coach up anyone. He legitimately thought Brady was a system QB. I think most of y’all do too.
I sure have a ton of respect for everyone on here. Especially some of those who disagree the most with my posts. I’m not on here to be a troll and get a reaction. I just have fun discussing my favorite team. I’ll try to limit my posts until the season gets started. I’m not trying to bring anyone down, and I’m definitely not trying to hurt the mood of the board. It’s just that I truly believe that BB is an awful GM, an overrated head coach, but a great defensive coordinator from a bygone era. We’re gonna find out this season, that’s for sure.

Yes, you should seriously worry about how negative you sound. I've been trying hard to not get pissed off reading your stuff and start blasting into you, but I've started
to run out of patience as you may have noticed. Dude, you've got to check yourself a little. Mix the occasional positive into the giant, black abyss that you seem to exist in.

I'll give you something else to chew. Football is a hard game and even the very best fuck it up now and then. I've criticized Bill for some of the same things you mention above, but I
understand that his batting average is maybe .850 in terms of decisions he was clearly correct in making. You focus almost exclusively on the .150. Think about that.

The next best guy you could name is nowhere close to that number. Maybe .700. That is why Belichick is the GOAT and it's not even close.

Everybody here defines "fun" in their own way. If you enjoy getting hammered, insulted and laughed at by virtually everybody that posts here, then I can promise you plenty of fun is coming your way unless you can find a way to dial it back.

That is not a "threat", it's just that I've seen this movie a bunch of times. Folks here increasingly despise your views, but even more the way you express them. Many doubt that you
are even legit.

I did appreciate the post, though. It shows you have self-awareness.

In the words of a great man: We'll see how that goes

Most folks are as happy as they want to be
..... Abraham Lincoln.

Joyous anticipation is more fun than miserable dreading any day of the week.
..... Spacecrime
I'll do Honest Abe 1 better.
My observation of people over many years is that some people can't be happy unless they are unhappy about something.

Exactly. That is pretty much how Bill does things which is irksome. Why are we offering Stidham (a broken 4th round pick who Bill wouldn't even start last year when we were out of the playoffs) instead of Gilmore or Jonathan Jones? If we really want Jones then we have to actually pay. The market is hot for the guy so a second + a broken back up QB is not going to get it done. This was the same thing with Stafford. We put out a lukewarm offer on a guy who was hot and of course we were rejected.

Sometimes I think this is just PR by the Pats/Bill/Kraft. They know the fanbase is clamoring for an A type of receiver of Jones ilk so they make just enough of an offer to seem like they want the guy but in reality they know they will be rejected. The stories saying we were the number one bet to land Jones was just PR spin to make it look like we were outbidded by teams who paid too much for Jones when in reality we never were interested in making an actual, real offer to land the guy.
were you one of the people that thought a 2 was too much for Sanu at the time of the trade? I think everyone in hindsight thinks so. I think any more than a 2 for Jones is too much. I would have offered Harry and a 4th that could become a 2, but that is how I am valuing the need, not the player. I am fairly confident in what we have here now, which is why I value Jones as a want, not a need. Of course I post on message boards and do not work for the Pats.

were you one of the people that thought a 2 was too much for Sanu at the time of the trade? I think everyone in hindsight thinks so. I think any more than a 2 for Jones is too much. I would have offered Harry and a 4th that could become a 2, but that is how I am valuing the need, not the player. I am fairly confident in what we have here now, which is why I value Jones as a want, not a need. Of course I post on message boards and do not work for the Pats.
I was Ok with the 2 for Sanu. In hindsight, it was awful because he got hurt and was clearly washed but I think if you want a player, you have to go get him with an offer that will be accepted. I was on the record at the start of this thread saying I didn't want us to trade for Jones because of Cam as our QB and a rookie in Jones. I thought we would waste the pick on a player we could not get full value from because of our QB situation. But after reading everyone's posts on it, I changed my mind. I do think we need to be more dynamic as a run heavy/TE offense is not going to put up a lot of points. I definitely don't want to give a #1 but was fine with a #2 and a player. But Reiss believing that offering Stidham as good value is a slap in the face to the Falcons. Why would they want a broken 4th round back up QB? If the Pats want Jones then make a legit offer and put Gilmore in.

Last edited:
I was Ok with the 2 for Sanu. In hindsight, it was awful because he got hurt and was clearly washed but I think if you want a player, you have to go get him with an offer that will be accepted. I was on the record at the start of this thread saying I didn't want us to trade for Jones because of Cam as our QB and a rookie in Jones. I thought we would waste the pick on a player we could not get full value from because of our QB situation. But after reading everyone's posts on it, I changed my mind. I do think we need to be more dynamic as a run heavy/TE offense is not going to put up a lot of points. I definitely don't want to give a #1 but was fine with a #2 and a player. But offering Stidham is a slap in the face to the Falcons. Why would they want a broken 4th round back up QB? If the Pats want Jones then make a legit offer and put Gilmore in. Like I said, it just seems like PR spin to me by the Pats to wave a hand at the fanbase saying "see, we tried" knowing their offer would be rejected.
is it confirmed that the Pats did offer JFS? I saw it posted as an idea on here, but that is all.

is it confirmed that the Pats did offer JFS? I saw it posted as an idea on here, but that is all.
You are right. I misread Chevvs post. I thought it was a report from Reiss but it was just his thoughts on what it would take in his opinion to get the deal done. My bad.

Sigh....... I know I’m repeating myself, and I really try not to bring up Tom, but I’m responding here.
Plenty could have done what Bill did if they had the GOAT.
It didn’t take Arians very long to prove that.
When Bill proves he can win a division title without Tom I’ll come around, but it hasn’t happened yet. Lol but I guess technically Tom hasn’t proved he can win one without BB.

I’m not trying to be negative. I’m just expressing the opinion I have of my favorite team. I like a lot of the moves this offseason. I it’s the best draft the Pats have had in years. I like the defensive additions a lot. A whole lot. I like Agalor. I’m not as high on the Tight Ends as many here, but I don’t think they are bad by any means. I think Mac Jones can develop into a decent starting QB whose going to last in the league. A guy in the same league as Cousins or Andy Dalton. I mean that as a complement. Its going to be a fun team to watch but I don’t see a path to winning the division. You’ve got to be able to score no matter how great the defense is. The rules have changed since 04.
That wasn't the question. Tom Brady hasn't been a head coach.
This was a very simple, straightforward question.
"Who is a smarter head coach over the last 50 years than Bill Belichick?" This is the part where you insert a name, or more than one name. Of an NFL Head Coach.
Not a QB
Not a WR Free Agent Signing
Not a draft pick.

Back