Julio Jones

Good news for Pats if all those teams are out.

Looks like that 1st round pick Atlanta is asking for is a pipe dream

View: https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1400625212333363200

If the Pats got Jones for (say) a 3rd rounder and the Falcons actually picked up a chunk of his salary, then that would be it. The ultimate mind-blower.

It'd be the the cherry on top of the greatest off-season ever not only for the Pats, but maybe for anybody, ever.

Perhaps that is the Homer in me talking, but I might not be too far off. And it'll be a while before we really know what we really
have here in Mac, Barmore, Perkins, Henry, Jonnu, Agholor, Judon and Julio. And a half-dozen others.

Jesus, just listing them gets me fired up. We certainly have the potential to have an offseason that goes down next to the
best in NFL history.

It's been a long time since we were playing in an NFL game that really meant something and over the last 18 months I've
read a lot of griping, squabbling, bitching and kvetching here about Brady right on down the line -- some of it done by me. The natives
have been restless and the constant in-fighting taking place on these pages is tiresome slash excruciating. That happens every year
but lately things have been off the skid charts.

Even the worst critics among us have to eventually come to an understanding that the arrow for this team is pointing way, way up and I'm going to enjoy
the hell out of watching my boys shock the NFL and get back to where we belong.

This offseason will go down as Belichick's Mona Lisa and I don't mean Vitto, but let's land Julio for a short price and make it official.

If the Pats got Jones for (say) a 3rd rounder and the Falcons actually picked up a chunk of his salary, then that would be it. The ultimate mind-blower.

It'd be the the cherry on top of the greatest off-season ever not only for the Pats, but maybe for anybody, ever.

Perhaps that is the Homer in me talking, but I might not be too far off. And it'll be a while before we really know what we really
have here in Mac, Barmore, Perkins, Henry, Jonnu, Agholor, Judon and Julio. And a half-dozen others.

Jesus, just listing them gets me fired up. We certainly have the potential to have an offseason that goes down next to the
best in NFL history.

It's been a long time since we were playing in an NFL game that really meant something and over the last 18 months I've
read a lot of griping, squabbling, bitching and kvetching here about Brady right on down the line -- some of it done by me. The natives
have been restless and the constant in-fighting taking place on these pages is tiresome slash excruciating. That happens every year

Even the worst critics among us have to eventually come to an understanding that the arrow for this team is pointing way, way up and I'm going to enjoy

This offseason will go down as Belichick's Mona Lisa and I don't mean Vitto, but let's land Julio for a short price and make it official.

This^^^!!!!!

Pats signed Marvin Hall, shifty WR. Does that mean they're out of the Julio Jones sweepstakes?

Pats signed Marvin Hall, shifty WR. Does that mean they're out of the Julio Jones sweepstakes?
37 receptions in four seasons. I really hope this isn't their answer to not getting Julio Jones. :ROFLMAO:

37 receptions in four seasons. I really hope this isn't their answer to not getting Julio Jones. :ROFLMAO:

That would be something, eh? 4.28 speed though. 6th team in 5 years. Wow. Something isn't right with him.
With the Falcons, Hall also showed some juice as a special teams returner. He returned 26 kicks for 616 yards averaging 23.7 yards per during his time with the Falcons. 17 of those returns went for 20-yards or more. Three returns went for 40-yards plus.

A Matt Patricia sign from his days with the Lions?

View: https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1190396095312076801?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1190396095312076801%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsidelionreport.com%2F2019%2F11%2F02%2Fdetroit-lions-marvin-hall-deep-threat%2F

best in NFL history.

I'd settle for Mona Lisa Vito. :coffee:

Yeah, big BIG job done by BB.

Now back to Marvin Hall

2019 games evaluated: 9/8 vs. AZ, 9/15 vs. LAC, 9/22 vs. PHI, 10/14 vs. GB, 10/27 vs. NYG, 11/3 vs. OAK, 11/10 vs. CHI and 11/17 vs. DAL.

WR #17 Marvin Hall - 5-foot-10, 190 pounds (a backup)

Grade: B (Good player, but not elite; he's good enough to win with, however)

Scouting Report

Very limited reps. Showed big-play capability when he was in there, and they went to him. Showed he could get deep. Big-play receiver. Got deep against GB, NYG and DAL. Fast-looking while running routes. Has some real speed, and it builds. Got some separation. Caught it with his hands. Took a handoff, and turned on the speed and hit the edge. Someone to be very aware of if and when he is in the game. This guy is a weapon. He can, and has hit the home-run ball.

2020 games evaluated: 9/13 vs. CHI, 9/20 vs. GB, 10/4 vs. NO, 10/18 vs. JAX, 10/25 vs. ATL, 11/1 vs. IND, 11/8 vs. MIN, 11/15 vs. WSH, 11/22 vs. CAR and 11/26 vs. HOU.

Grade: C (average)

Scouting Report

Diminutive-looking possession receiver, with average playing speed, hands and flexibility. Mostly used in short-to-intermediate routes, but occasionally will get an opportunity deep. Drives into routes, but tends to round off breakpoints and is not able to get much of any real separation from corners at any route level. Shows very average playing speed. No second gear. Can catch with his hands at times, but he does not have sure hands. Drops some he should catch. At times, will body catch. Tends to jump for passes when he does not need to. Not able to get any YAC (yards after catch). Not a natural catcher. Struggles to adjust back to the ball, especially intermediate to deep. Was on display in games against NO and ATL.

Has stepped in when Kenny Golladay has been out, but has not stepped up. Has been inserted at kick returner, but looks average in that role. Has some special teams value, but not much. At times, looks good (had deep TDs against IND and WSH). But, at other times, looks borderline awkward, like when the ball bounced off his helmet against IND. Looks average, in every sense of the word. Does not look like starting material.

When it comes to Hall, he's a receiver that can still beat defenses deep on occasion. And, he's shown some good chemistry with Detroit quarterback Matthew Stafford in the past, especially last year.

Also this,

Nixon unless he has a big preseason. Is most likely headed to PS. Hall will be completing with Gunner & Harry for final WR spot .
If Nixon isn't hurt he makes the team IMO. With the addition of Hall that makes Gunner expendable unfortunately. Maybe Gunner can go to PS and bide his time until one of the others get dinged?

If Nixon isn't hurt he makes the team IMO. With the addition of Hall that makes Gunner expendable unfortunately. Maybe Gunner can go to PS and bide his time until one of the others get dinged?

I don't see why Gunner would get the axe after an All Pro year as a punt returner. That is, unless Hall turns out to be the second coming of Dante Hall.

BB usually carries 5 WRs & Slater. 3 spots are locked Myers, Agholar & Bourne. That leaves 2 open spots on team . Gunner is a long term project as WR. If Nixon or Hall can return punts. If will make him expendable

Good competition. Some will make the PS.

Gunner is a pretty GD good punt returner. Fast guys don't just succeed at that job just because they're fast.

Gunner is a pretty GD good punt returner. Fast guys don't just succeed at that job just because they're fast.
True, and if he improves as much as a WR as he did last year then that might help him stick around.

I think Bill likes gym rats like Gunner who do whatever is asked and gives maximum effort on every snap. He's the most recent of the long line of
longshot UDFAs/late rounders that made the team and have a long, uphill climb ahead of them. Stephen Neal stands as an extreme example of what can
happen when a guy has raw ability and wants it bad enough. I don't know how many people I heard say he had zero chances to stick.

He's probably a longshot on paper with all the new FA WRs, plus incumbents, but I won't count him out.

Back