Julio Jones

Let's not forget JJ Taylor returned Punts in College . Gunner was the stand out of last year camp. Unless he improves as a WR. He will be in another camp battle to keep his spot.
Gunner was the first team NFL All-Pro punt returner last season. Not Pro Bowl...All Pro...

BB usually carries 5 WRs & Slater. 3 spots are locked Myers, Agholar & Bourne. That leaves 2 open spots on team . Gunner is a long term project as WR. If Nixon or Hall can return punts. If will make him expendable
This.

True, and if he improves as much as a WR as he did last year then that might help him stick around.

I think Bill likes gym rats like Gunner who do whatever is asked and gives maximum effort on every snap. He's the most recent of the long line of
longshot UDFAs/late rounders that made the team and have a long, uphill climb ahead of them. Stephen Neal stands as an extreme example of what can
happen when a guy has raw ability and wants it bad enough. I don't know how many people I heard say he had zero chances to stick.

He's probably a longshot on paper with all the new FA WRs, plus incumbents, but I won't count him out.
Yes, I thiunk BB uses them as examples of how to work out/train. Gunner never left Foxboro as I understand it. Worked out here. Keeping a guy like that sends a message to the locker room. Not that he will keep Gunner over Julio Jones, but in a more-or-less equal-talent camp battle with any WR not named Bourne, Aghalor, or Meyers, I think Gunner has a leg up.

It was a nice dream when it lasted! Would have loved to see one of the all-time greatest WRs here of the past 20 years. But we do seem nicely stacked at WR/TE now so at least we weren't depending on him to rescue a dire situation.

Seems rather cheap for such a good player. As expected, no 1st was involved.

Last edited:
Pretty much nailed it that Julio would get traded before the end of next week and WAAAY before TC.

I wonder what the Pats offered? Did we ever offer a 2? Seems unlikely as the Titans got him for less as they gave the 2 and then swapped 4 and 6 round picks.

Last edited:
Pretty much nailed it that Julio would get traded before the end of next week and WAAAY before TC.

I wonder what the Pats offered? Did we ever offer a 2? Seems unlikely as the Titans got him for less as they gave the 2 and then swapped 4 and 6 round picks.

Pats probably offered better, but then someone mentioned 28-3 and Falcons management had flashbacks to SB51, collectively curled up into a ball for a while, rocking back and forth and eventually decided against it

Pats probably offered better, but then someone mentioned 28-3 and Falcons management had flashbacks to SB51, collectively curled up into a ball for a while, rocking back and forth and eventually decided against it
LOL. 28-3 rocks on forever!

I am really not all that disappointed although the cost was nearly as much as I thought and I would have been fine giving up the #2.

I am interested to hear from other posters though who really, really wanted Julio if they are Ok with the Pats not offering more than Titans to get him? Or do we think the Pats bowed out when it got to a 2? Perhaps Chevs has some inside sources to know what was offered.

He wouldn't have lasted anyway. He's only played 4 full seasons in his entire career...
Rob Gronkowski has only played 4 full seasons in his entire career.

It's a tough sport, and injuries happen. But some guys are so good, you want them on your team, even knowing that they're going to miss some games.

Bellyache is determined the pats will always be mediocre at the WR position.

I disagree. 28-3 didn't have to be mentioned, Arthur Blank sees that score every night before he goes to sleep.
He would rather had traded Julio to a CFL team for a 2nd round CFL draft choice than trade Julio to the Patriots for 3 1st rounders.

LOL. 28-3 rocks on forever!

I am really not all that disappointed although the cost was nearly as much as I thought and I would have been fine giving up the #2.

I am interested to hear from other posters though who really, really wanted Julio if they are Ok with the Pats not offering more than Titans to get him? Or do we think the Pats bowed out when it got to a 2? Perhaps Chevs has some inside sources to know what was offered.

View: https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/1401611947288797184

Howe says it all.
We knew their interest in Julio had waned as soon as Marvin Hall was signed.

Peter King is saying neither the Patriots nor the Seahawks had any serious interest in paying Jones big money.

I guess the Pats and the Hawks switched off well before the announcement was made yesterday.

Last edited:
Peter King is saying neither the Patriots nor the Seahawks had any serious nterest in paying Jones big money.

I guess the Pats and the Hawks switched off well before the announcement was made yesterday.
Did we really expect anything different? Bill has been pretty consistent in not paying for quality WRs other than Moss.

Back