Just say no....

gunrunner

Reaction score
Well,it's been about four months with no cigarettes now.....I still think about them daily.....anyone know when this craving ends?:suicide:

tehrick67

Reaction score
My wife quit about 10 years ago. I havent heard her mention cigarettes in a while..

patsload

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I quit in September and I don't really think about them

PumpDee

They Hate Us Cuz They Ain't Us.
Reaction score
family_guy_smoke_family_guy_smoke-s500x333-17659-580.jpg

Grumpy_Bottom

Try our thick, creamy milkshakes
Reaction score
Well,it's been about four months with no cigarettes now.....I still think about them daily.....anyone know when this craving ends?:suicide:
Took me about a year before I stopped occasionally dreaming about them and enjoying the smell. Now 3.5 years later I can even have an occasional cigar without freaking out.

oldbagfan

No touchy
Reaction score

Haven't smoked in 6 years and still crave a smoke every single day. Sorry. Not everybody keeps the jones forever - but I have.

:(

Have you seen that hilarious ad with the guy sitting on the pier craving a smoke: "CIGARETTE! CIGARETTE! CIGARETTE!" even with the shark chomping on his arm? That's kind of what it's been like ...

TBrownslady

BINGO!
Reaction score
I found it easier to not crave one the first 3 weeks then after a few months. Once the 3rd month hits I start wanting it more. But at this point I am only smoking when I am drinking now. I don't seem to crave it any other time.

It all depends on you. You may never fight the craving like OBF. What are you doing to satisfy the craving?

WVPATSFAN

Reaction score
I think it varies. I quit about 5 years ago....went 2 years. Then, had one with a beer and started again. I quit about a month ago. The biggest problem I have is that I had certain places on my drive to work that I always lit up....and that's when I think about them. I can tell you that after a few months, you relearn behaviors.
I caution you not to have "just one", or "one with a drink"....I felt confident I could only smoke when I drank, which isn't that often. Nope....my doctor says it's like giving a shot of scotch to an alcoholic....hard to stop at just one.
Hang in there....you will eventually start to feel better....

3 Point Stan

POW! Right in the kissah.
Reaction score
I thought this thread was going to be about Kobe Bryant.

:coffee: