Just say no....

gunrunner

Reaction score
Well,it's been about four months with no cigarettes now.....I still think about them daily.....anyone know when this craving ends?:suicide:

My wife quit about 10 years ago. I havent heard her mention cigarettes in a while..

I quit in September and I don't really think about them

family_guy_smoke_family_guy_smoke-s500x333-17659-580.jpg

Well,it's been about four months with no cigarettes now.....I still think about them daily.....anyone know when this craving ends?:suicide:
Took me about a year before I stopped occasionally dreaming about them and enjoying the smell. Now 3.5 years later I can even have an occasional cigar without freaking out.

Haven't smoked in 6 years and still crave a smoke every single day. Sorry. Not everybody keeps the jones forever - but I have.

:(

Have you seen that hilarious ad with the guy sitting on the pier craving a smoke: "CIGARETTE! CIGARETTE! CIGARETTE!" even with the shark chomping on his arm? That's kind of what it's been like ...

I found it easier to not crave one the first 3 weeks then after a few months. Once the 3rd month hits I start wanting it more. But at this point I am only smoking when I am drinking now. I don't seem to crave it any other time.

It all depends on you. You may never fight the craving like OBF. What are you doing to satisfy the craving?

I think it varies. I quit about 5 years ago....went 2 years. Then, had one with a beer and started again. I quit about a month ago. The biggest problem I have is that I had certain places on my drive to work that I always lit up....and that's when I think about them. I can tell you that after a few months, you relearn behaviors.
I caution you not to have "just one", or "one with a drink"....I felt confident I could only smoke when I drank, which isn't that often. Nope....my doctor says it's like giving a shot of scotch to an alcoholic....hard to stop at just one.
Hang in there....you will eventually start to feel better....

I thought this thread was going to be about Kobe Bryant.

:coffee:

Back