Kaep files lawsuit against the NFL for "collusion."

Court testimony could get interesting.

“Did you collide against hiring Mr. Kaepernick?”

“No. He just sucks. Have you seen his film?”

Guy had s job and quit. Guy was going to get another job, but girlfriend called everyone racist - so job went bye bye.

Nobody owes this guy a job.

Why would any organization want this distraction?

If you guys don't think there's collusion at play here... wow...

It's not provable.

Whether there is or isn't, there doesn't need to be collusion for him to remain unemployed.

Some teams like the Pats don't need him at all.

Some teams that could use a backup can simply decide on their own that a backup who attracts the negative attention he does just isn't worth it.

Teams that might want him as a starter would have to maybe change their offense if they're running a standard drop-back offense with the starter they currently have.

All that assumes you value him enough as a player based on his recent history at the position. You're not getting Super Bowl starter Kaepernick. You're getting current Kaepernick.

All that aside, the bottom line is that you don't need collusion to decide that the guy is too toxic to have around. Teams can quite easily conclude that on their own.

Depends what you mean by collusion.

If you mean 32 NFL owners had a secret meeting and all agreed "no kepernick" then no

If you mean 32 teams independently decided that a marginal QB wasn't worth bringing the circus to town, then yes.

I am trying to understand his basis. The Hawks brought him and tried him out and then went with another guy. The Ravens were about to hire him until his GF put at a racist tweet about the owner. He has pretty much made himself unhirable the last year +

What teams?

Clearly not even a millisecond in Foxboro was wasted on him. No need.

And there’s plenty more like here.

And the places he did get a sniff he went in and carpet dragged like a dog with worms. Get outta here!

He’s not good. What some of you hang onto baffles me.

Depends what you mean by collusion.

If you mean 32 NFL owners had a secret meeting and all agreed "no kepernick" then no

If you mean 32 teams independently decided that a marginal QB wasn't worth bringing the circus to town, then yes.
Tim Tebow dislikes this post.

He’s not good. What some of you hang onto baffles me.

He has the right politics which is all that matters.

I also see a whole lot of generalized complaints he's unemployed and very few specific demands from fans that their team pick him up. He's the ultimate NIMBY QB.

It's a low cost, no consequence way to let the world know you have virtue.

I expect the handful of teams and owners that MIGHT have thought about bringing him in just came to a similar conclusion independently. The trade off of the circus he would bring with him wasn't worth the aggravation.

Under no circumstance do I believe there was any concerted effort to ban a marginal QB.

He has the right politics which is all that matters.

I also see a whole lot of generalized complaints he's unemployed and very few specific demands from fans that their team pick him up. He's the ultimate NIMBY QB.

It's a low cost, no consequence way to let the world know you have virtue.
yup, they will say his kneeling is the only reason he is blackballed from the league when the truth is he asked out of a contract, wanted to start in Seattle (who doesn't want to play QB unless named Hasselbeck), His chick called the Ravens racist and finally he made comments about Cuba that offended the Miami area.

is he better than some QB's on the rosters? yes but so is Romo

yup, they will say his kneeling is the only reason he is blackballed from the league when the truth is he asked out of a contract, wanted to start in Seattle (who doesn't want to play QB unless named Hasselbeck), His chick called the Ravens racist and finally he made comments about Cuba that offended the Miami area.

is he better than some QB's on the rosters? yes but so is Romo

And who the hell wants to sign this guy, knowing that if he sucks and you need to bench him or cut him, you'll have the usual lunatics carrying signs and bullhorns and calling you racist?

Let somebody else deal with that crap. No thanks.

I see videos of Ridley working out when he was unemployed, so many out of work athletes show off their skills on YouTube looking to get attention but has anyone seen one ball tossed by Kaep since he was unemployed?

That's going to be a very costly lawsuit for Kaep unless he already has smoking gun evidence. Imagine what deposing the NFL FO plus 32 GMs/owners/HCs will cost. $$$$

Back