grog

Chief Instigation Officer
Reaction score
Sorry it has taken me awhile to recover and post. I have a lot of thoughts on the game but I imagine many have already been stated here by others. Without reading them all, I will just add this.

**** karma.

It is clear from this game that we do not have karma on our side. Several plays, from Ninkovich jumping offsides on 3rd and 7 to the Welker drop to another bs catch could have changed this game. So from now on I am done with karma. It doesn't matter. Next year the team will be good enough to beat any nfl team and karma too. I am confident of that.

We have the best coach in the history of the game. We have the best QB to ever lace them up. We have a tremendous pair of TEs. Our defense is improving and will only be better next year with injured players returning and new blood added. We have a lot of cap room. We have the best owner in the nfl.

Look out folks. This team is ready to be great again. Maybe making it to the super bowl came a year early, but expect this team back again real soon.

So **** you karma. Go haunt another team. Your powers are no longer effective here .

Really? Didn't you just start the thread about who the Pats will play NEXT Super Bowl? Like 5 minutes ago?

:huh:
Posted via Mobile Device

Or maybe it was like 7 minutes ago.

Really?
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly. I posted this first. Screw karma from now on

I didn't want to come out and say this, cuz I knew you guys would be angry with me, but... *sigh* here goes...

The loss was my fault.

Now I know what you're thinkin, "NSPF how could it possibly be your fault? You weren't even there!" Well yes, that's true. But my horrible secret is I had a big huge karma post planned, the biggest and best one I'd ever posted but with all the stress from the leadup to the game and other stressers in my life I just couldn't get it done. If I had gotten it done it would have surely been worth 5 points to the Pats... I'm so sorry all, especially to you grog. I let you and all the members of Patriot Nation down.

For posterity sake, as a cautionary tale to future slackers, here's what I did manage to come up with, including notes for what it was going to include.

Well boys, it's been a good run. We made it farther than I would have predicted. But the mighty Giants are just too good to beat.

Thanks to the “What If?” machine I borrowed from Professor Farnsworth I’ve been able to see into the future with the question “What if the Patriots show up at Super Bowl XLVI?”

The night before the game Bibi Jones shows up at Gronk’s room in an Eli Manning jersey and tells Gronk that she’s just been with him, calling Eli the most manly man she’s ever been with and walks away. Gronk chases after her but trips over a TV monitor showing the Tyree catch and his foot is knocked clean off at the ankle.

The Patriots are introduced first and in a puzzling move elect to be introduced as individuals. After they’ve taken the field and a clip has been shown of the Tyree catch the Giants take the field to a thunderous applause from the inbred hick Indy faithful and march out in parade formation led by Chris Canty holding the Coughlin Trophy. (which was renamed from the Lombardi trophy shortly before the game) They are trailed by all of the pundits who picked them to win which leads to a Super Bowl first 17 hour Introduction ceremony, pausing every 5 minutes to show clips of the Tyree catch.

The coin toss is performed by a video tape containing previously unseen footage of the Tyree catch dressed in an Eli jersey. The Giants win by picking tails, disappointing Pats fans and Papa John’s customers everywhere, and are so supremely cocky about their pass rush they elect to give the ball to the Pats in BOTH the First AND Second half.

As the game is about to start Bill Belichick runs over to the Giants sideline and gives Hall of Fame coach Tom Coughlin a hug and runs down the Patriots tunnel to the locker room thinking the game is already over. An industrious camera man from NBC follows him but Belichick takes a wrong turn and opens a door he thinks is the locker room but the camera shows the room is filled with workers all being directed by Bill Polian. A banner on the wall reads: OPERATION HIRE WAITERS TO GIVE THE PAT-TREE-OTS THE FLU THEN JACK UP THE TEMPERATURE AND PUMP IN CROWD NOISE WHEN THE PAT-TREE-OTS ARE ON OFFENSE.

Just then the first round of Super Bowl commercials begins to play each of them featuring David Tyree as their endorser.

Back from the commercial break and the Pats take the field with Brady staring down the Giants D line, he makes his reads, sets the protection and snaps the ball only to be strip sacked 1 ten millionth of a second later. The camera then shows the sacker Justin Tuck who’s sporting a couple of Star Trek style warp nacelles attached to his arse falling on the ball.

Hall of fame quarterback Eli Manning comes out and drives the Super Bowl champion Giants down to the 1 millimeter line before inexplicably kneeling and sending out Tynes to make it 3-0.

Belichick manages to find his way back to the sideline and challenges that there were too many men on the field for the kick. Just as Super Bowl referee John Parry is about to rule in his favor Hall of Fame Commissioner Roger Goodell whispers something in Parry’s ear. When he starts the announcement instead of having the camera on him the broadcast cuts to video of Hall of Famer David Tyree’s miracle catch in Super Bowl XLII.

The announcement, which can barely be heard over the pundits gushing over how amazing the Giants are, is as follows “I’ve been informed that the Patriots have violated NFL rules regarding the failure to rewind videotapes they returned to Blockbuster Video. As a result they have been stripped of all challenges for the remainder of the game and all Patriots fans are fined $250,000. Thus the ruling of the field is confirmed.”

Now down 3-0 the Patriots receive the ball again. Brady drops back to pass and launches three consecutive hail marys down the field in the direction of number 81, Aaron Hernandez. He walks back to the sideline and Belichick demands to know what he was thinking. Brady tells him he looked at the scoreboard and it said they were down by 3 with 29 seconds left in the 4th quarter…

- All Giants players named Co-MVP
- Tyree
- Sack
- BB too many men
- Gronk's Ankle / Pr0n star
- Goodell / Spygate / Tomase
- Scoreboard cheating / Myra and the missed kick
- Score Giants 18 Pats 1
- Mercury Morris
- Plaxico Burress
- Post victory party
- Giants D line
- What Else is On TV During the Super Bowl? (Toddlers and Tiaras)
- 2008 Bradyless Year.
- TFB Gets down by 3 and then tries 3 Hail marys instead of trying to get in FG range.

Were karma threads created here in '01, '03, and '04? I think some of the posts are too creative and may actually confuse the karma gods. Maybe we can try a game smack thread instead :)

Sorry it has taken me awhile to recover and post. I have a lot of thoughts on the game but I imagine many have already been stated here by others. Without reading them all, I will just add this.

**** karma.

It is clear from this game that we do not have karma on our side. Several plays, from Ninkovich jumping offsides on 3rd and 7 to the Welker drop to another bs catch could have changed this game. So from now on I am done with karma. It doesn't matter. Next year the team will be good enough to beat any nfl team and karma too. I am confident of that.

We have the best coach in the history of the game. We have the best QB to ever lace them up. We have a tremendous pair of TEs. Our defense is improving and will only be better next year with injured players returning and new blood added. We have a lot of cap room. We have the best owner in the nfl.

Look out folks. This team is ready to be great again. Maybe making it to the super bowl came a year early, but expect this team back again real soon.

So **** you karma. Go haunt another team. Your powers are no longer effective here .

BS Catch? I must have missed that. Unless your talking about that superb throw & catch from Eli to Manningham

I'm thinking about going with reverse karma, because my record in predicting the Pats over the last two seasons using karma is 7-19.

I'm sick of playing head games as if what I think has any bearing on anything.

It was fun while it lasted and does have the effect of keeping things humble, but after a loss like that Super Bowl something has to give.

I'm with Grog. No more karma. I'm strapping on a set.

I am so glad this thread has come about. I agree - forget karma. What matters is the play on the field and that is ALL that matters. :thumb:

Yeah its amazing how stupid I feel about all the karma and superstitions that I went through for the last 10 weeks. I had two jerseys laid out in the back seat of my car for the past 10 weeks. After the pats dropped two in a row, I did not know which jersey to wear anymore, so I brought both of them with me when I went to my sisters to watch the game, well we won, and I never moved the jerseys for 10 weeks while we kept winning. As I was removing the jerseys from my car after the superbowl...I felt kinda silly.

Were karma threads created here in '01, '03, and '04? I think some of the posts are too creative and may actually confuse the karma gods. Maybe we can try a game smack thread instead :)

The board didn't start until 2002.

Originally the karma threads were more realistic - they really started off as people saying "These are the PATRIOTS, there is no way they can beat this next opponent, they have been lucky so far, but they just don't have the horses to win this one" more or less. And these were thoughts that were actually what people really believed, because it was pretty incredulous to think the Patriots were actually that good.

Of course, the Pats kept winning and winning in 2003 and 2004, so those threads became part of what we could do to help them win. :)

Here is the first true "karma" thread on PP: http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=4252&

We stole the idea from the Patriots forums at KFFL.

Karma I'll give up on if that is the wish of the community, even tho I find them fun.

But superstitions? Hells no! I'm not giving up knocking on Wood until the snap whenever the announcers say something like "And Brady hasn't thrown an interception since..." or "Gostkowski hasn't missed a field goal from this range all year..." Those bastids are jinxing us and it's up to ME and my KNUCKLES to stop them!!!

Karma I'll give up on if that is the wish of the community, even tho I find them fun.

But superstitions? Hells no! I'm not giving up knocking on Wood until the snap whenever the announcers say something like "And Brady hasn't thrown an interception since..." or "Gostkowski hasn't missed a field goal from this range all year..." Those bastids are jinxing us and it's up to ME and my KNUCKLES to stop them!!!

Well you could turn that around.

I've always joked that there is a microphone in my living room because it is not that unusual for me to wonder something, ask it out loud, and have the announcers address that very point a few moments later.

So one can turn this around by trying to get them to jinx the other side.

Before an opponents field goal attempt, ask when was the last time he missed. Ask when the last time the QB was intercepted, the RB fumbled, etc.

Disclaimer: I do NOT believe in Karma or any form of spirituality:

Karma threads are a good laugh, as NSPF says. That's all they are. They take the piss out of homer fans who predict blowouts every time we play and who act like the Pats are the best team in the history of the universe, ever- better than all the other teams combined.

Having said that, an opposing "we're going to beat the living snot out of" thread would also be a shitload of fun.

You're right. Karma can kiss my ass. I was careful during the lead up not to guarantee anything or get cocky. I knocked on wood every time even the smallest of bad thoughts entered my head and for what? So I could go to school the next day and take a verbal beat down from a fanbase full of fake fans and undeserving sacks of shit? The giants didn't deserve to be in this game let alone win it. Karmas the worlds biggest bitch, **** the slut. This team doesn't need that whore, in 2012, they'll do it on their own. This sport breaks my heart sometimes but I love the pats too goddamn much to walk away now, we all do. We'll be back and Tom will get that 4th ring. We'll be there with this team the whole way, even if it kills us. Go Pats!

**** karma.

What do you mean by "karma"? To me karma is about attitude. Positive attitude and positive things will follow and the opposite results for negative attitude.

Back