Keeping the board alive with the help of your voluntary donations.

Thank you so much Muse.

Just so everyone is aware, though it shouldn't affect anything, but in case it does, I just did two things.

I have confirmed that DNS propagation is complete. So that means everyone world wide should now be hitting the new server when coming here and not the old one.

As such, I have now initiated the domain transfer, which is just basically who manages and bills for the domain registration on a yearly basis. I am moving that off the old host to the new host as well, though there is no requirement to do so. I just like it for ease of management and billing. But you could register a domain with GoDaddy and keep it there, but have someone else host your website if you wanted. Anyway, I just initiated that and am hoping it goes smoothly. It can take like a week for it to be fully transferred.

Once that is complete, I can then finally cancel all the services I had at the old host.

Someone just joined with a real name and a Gmail address that's not associated with an account here, so I don't know who you are, but thank you. If you'd like the badge please let me know.
That might be me. I signed up to day. I've been Gmail for years. But joined w/verizon.

UT, how long does one wait after making a donation before he cancels the membership? I prefer to the one time donation as it's much easier for me that way.

UT, how long does one wait after making a donation before he cancels the membership? I prefer to the one time donation as it's much easier for me that way.
I would imagine you can do it fairly quickly, but maybe next day to be safe. Patreon is mainly used for creators behind a paywall, so once people pay, they unlock the exclusive content of whatever. So I don't think it is easy to pay, get access, and then cancel and get your money back, otherwise those creators would be screwed.

I would imagine you can do it fairly quickly, but maybe next day to be safe. Patreon is mainly used for creators behind a paywall, so once people pay, they unlock the exclusive content of whatever. So I don't think it is easy to pay, get access, and then cancel and get your money back, otherwise those creators would be screwed.
Thanks, I cancelled the membership right after I made the donation, I'll keep an eye on it to see if it worked, if it doesn't i'll try it again and wait a day or so.

Thanks, I cancelled the membership right after I made the donation, I'll keep an eye on it to see if it worked, if it doesn't i'll try it again and wait a day or so.
Thank you so much. I think it is probably good and it shows paid.

Done for me as well. As a donor, my first demand (of many) is to ban all limeys with (deceased) cat-related usernames.
Thank you so much.

Done. You are now banned from calling dinner "tea."

Thank you so much.

Done. You are now banned from calling dinner "tea."
All joking aside, you're very welcome. It's a great board and nice to have somewhere online that gets my silliness (and love of the Pats at the same time).

Back