Kendrick Bourne Appreciation Thread

He's better than he used to be...
He's the best X receiver they've had since Brandon LaFell at the very least. Good thing, because your starting #1 WR is still around 50% on targets v. receptions.

He's the best X receiver they've had since Brandon LaFell at the very least. Good thing, because your starting #1 WR is still around 50% on targets v. receptions.
My favorite WR? I never knew that I had one...Kupp might be. You know, Bourne's college teammate in Cheney, WA? Red turf that Roos paid for?

I'm pleased that Bourne is doing well for the Pats fwiw.

My favorite WR? I never knew that I had one...Kupp might be. You know, Bourne's college teammate in Cheney, WA? Red turf that Roos paid for?

I'm pleased that Bourne is doing well for the Pats fwiw.
Kangaroo magnate philanthropist?

This thread is past due. :coffee:

I hope your appreciation thread isn't a kiss of death like mine was years ago.

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

Loved the signing. I remember when he came in here last year with SF, he was the guy Reiss pointed out as someone they liked. I never thought it'd mean they'd sign him, but here we are. A tip of the cap to ol' Welker who suggested he come here to take his game to another level here as opposed to elsewhere.

He's got a sneaky/slithery way of running his routes and he's the kind of player that will just pop up at the right time.

Nice to finally see a fade thrown by our QB to one of our WRs. Now we just need an out and up and we can attack the end zone another way no D would ever expect.

He has great vision for a WR, you can see why they like to run reverses with him. Reminds me of how they liked to use Patten in '01 too.

Also I'm probably the only one, but I think he resembles Seth McFarlane

I thought he was slow and had issues with drops, but he's neither slow and has been the most sure-handed receiver Mac has. 15 mil for 3 years seems like a bargain in retrospect.
BB tries to sign guys based on their projection and growth here. This is like saying JimmyG would be here how he plays in SF. I think he'd be better HERE, just like these other guys like Henry, Bourne, etc, will likely be better here, showing the contract to be good solid value.

Agholor and Jonnu Smith may have strong finishes and be clutch in the postseason, for example.

Bourne has been great and yesterday he dominated. Also, I called him Jason twice during the game.

I'll be right back. I feel the need to create a Nelson Agholor Sucks thread. :coffee:

BB tries to sign guys based on their projection and growth here. This is like saying JimmyG would be here how he plays in SF. I think he'd be better HERE, just like these other guys like Henry, Bourne, etc, will likely be better here, showing the contract to be good solid value.

Agholor and Jonnu Smith may have strong finishes and be clutch in the postseason, for example.
Henry isn't any better here, he was the same guy for the Chargers, besides competing with River's binky AGates for targets his first few years staying healthy was his only real issue. I'm still holding my breath him but he is due to have a healthy full season. Bourne no question is better, and you're probably right JG would be better here but would probably be iffy health-wise as he has been for both teams. I'm so glad the Pats never got him back.

Last edited:
He has great vision for a WR, you can see why they like to run reverses with him. Reminds me of how they liked to use Patten in '01 too.

Also I'm probably the only one, but I think he resembles Seth McFarlane

I have to admit that I thought this was a longshot, but I got curious enough to do a comparison and I can see your point. Something about certain facial expressions
does look similar.

I do appreciate Bourne and noticed him when he was SF's 3rd or 4th WR and then started contributing. I remember thinking that we have trouble developing anybody and
for other teams it just seems easy. I was pleased that we signed him and couldn't understand the snarkiness he seemed to generate from many Pats fans.

Anyhow, I just learned that he is of Samoan ancestry which I didn't know.

I thought he was slow and had issues with drops, but he's neither slow and has been the most sure-handed receiver Mac has. 15 mil for 3 years seems like a bargain in retrospect.
He was...he dropped a lot of catches in SF. He's looking way better in NE...which is very cool!

Back