Kendrick Bourne Appreciation Thread

I have to admit that I thought this was a longshot, but I got curious enough to do a comparison and I can see your point. Something about certain facial expressions
does look similar.

I do appreciate Bourne and noticed him when he was SF's 3rd or 4th WR and then started contributing. I remember thinking that we have trouble developing anybody and
for other teams it just seems easy. I was pleased that we signed him and couldn't understand the snarkiness he seemed to generate from many Pats fans.

Anyhow, I just learned that he is of Samoan ancestry which I didn't know.
Gotta have a Samoan on your team to win a title. It's just a fact. :coffee:

Bourne Supremacy!

I see your Bourne Supremacy and will raise you a Bourne Sanction (this thread).

On an unrelated note, some of the catches our new guy has reeled in look like stuff that
bigtime WRs on other teams do all the time, but has been sort of a rarity for us. At least to
my lyin' eyes.

Maybe what we're witnessing is the Bourne Ascendency.

It's good to see our WRs getting YAC this year after a few years of watching them catch the ball and immediately going to the ground.
Throwing them open has finally become a thing again.

It's good to see our WRs getting YAC this year after a few years of watching them catch the ball and immediately going to the ground.
Throwing them open has finally become a thing again.
When you get good QB play, and solid playcalling, that's what can happen. We haven't had a locked in QB over a season for a while.

Last edited:
When we signed Bourne, I knew he could get separation, he averaged something 2 yards of separation per snap. His big knock was his lack of speed. I think he has excelled in our system, he's obviously smart and understands coverages, he runs really nice routes, he has solid hands and his concentration is awesome. What I think a lot of people overlooked and we have seen this year is how strong he is. That big catch and run TD, he broke a few tackles and stiff armed a LB to the ground. This is where I think Bourne is very under appreciated. I love this signing, I always have and he has been a huge bright spot on this offense, which is hard to do because there have been a lot of bright spots.

When we signed Bourne, I knew he could get separation, he averaged something 2 yards of separation per snap. His big knock was his lack of speed. I think he has excelled in our system, he's obviously smart and understands coverages, he runs really nice routes, he has solid hands and his concentration is awesome. What I think a lot of people overlooked and we have seen this year is how strong he is. That big catch and run TD, he broke a few tackles and stiff armed a LB to the ground. This is where I think Bourne is very under appreciated. I love this signing, I always have and he has been a huge bright spot on this offense, which is hard to do because there have been a lot of bright spots.

Physically, he shares a lot of traits with Harry.

Back