K'Neal Harry Real Goings ON??

NFL-Know

NFL Knowledge Is Power
Reaction score
I would like to get some input as to what people think is the real issue why K'Neal Harry was activvated to the 53 man roaster last Sat but inactive to play in last Sunday night's game.

I understand that TFB's major issue was his OLine and D nor playing well for some Ratbirds series, especially to contain Jackson's 61 yrads rushing contribution.

Is it that TFB just hasn't melded up his rhythm and timing with this Rookie yet or hasn't developed the trust in him or he is just not 100% yet?

Phil Perry has a really good speculative article about what's really going on with Pats 1st pick now that he's been practicing for 2 weeks.....

https://sports.yahoo.com/politely-asking-patriots-doing-nkeal-025654957.html

First, Harry had to be activated on to the 53 man roster by last Thursday or else he would have gone back to the IR and remained there for the season.
He's healthy, but he's a rookie who missed a big chunk of training camp and 6 weeks of in-season practice, so these past few weeks of practice are essentially his training camp.

The fact that he traveled with the team means he's close. There's really not much else going on here.

:shrug:

Be nice if he can get on the field for the Phila game and begin to give us reps. We need the help.

I would like to get some input as to what people think is the real issue why K'Neal Harry was activvated to the 53 man roaster last Sat but inactive to play in last Sunday night's game.

I understand that TFB's major issue was his OLine and D nor playing well for some Ratbirds series, especially to contain Jackson's 61 yrads rushing contribution.

Is it that TFB just hasn't melded up his rhythm and timing with this Rookie yet or hasn't developed the trust in him or he is just not 100% yet?

Phil Perry has a really good speculative article about what's really going on with Pats 1st pick now that he's been practicing for 2 weeks.....

https://sports.yahoo.com/politely-asking-patriots-doing-nkeal-025654957.html

That article was a lot of nothing.

I think Harry was held out because they knew they would be doing a lot of no-huddle in this game and didn't want to have him in there yet with no real experience running a hurry-up game plan.

I really hope he's fine, knows the playbook, and is ready to go against Philly. If not, then we can start wondering if he's a big bust. But not yet, let's give him a little moar time.

First, Harry had to be activated on to the 53 man roster by last Thursday or else he would have gone back to the IR and remained there for the season.
He's healthy, but he's a rookie who missed a big chunk of training camp and 6 weeks of in-season practice, so these past few weeks of practice are essentially his training camp.

The fact that he traveled with the team means he's close. There's really not much else going on here.

:shrug:

That's interesting because I only see articles that he was activated last Sat, like this one and others that corroborate Sat activation. ....

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...-man-roster/CcqaN6YgCHrXrafNB2h35I/story.html

Moot point anywho…..

That's interesting because I only see articles that he was activated last Sat, like this one and others that corroborate Sat activation. ....

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...-man-roster/CcqaN6YgCHrXrafNB2h35I/story.html

Moot point anywho…..

Yes, forgive my faux pas. But the fact still remains that he needed to be activated or lost for the season along with 1 of the 2 IR recalls.

But the fact still remains that he missed about 9-10 weeks of practice time with an offense that is tough to learn. They clearly think he will contribute sometime during the 2nd half of the season or they would not have wasted an IR recall on him.

Had we been playing a slapdick team with a porous secondary and had no need of adding an extra large body DL as we did (Byron Cowart 99 -- which is something that made perfect sense) against a team like Baltimore then Harry might've gotten some reps and maybe even some targets as a sort of in season practice exercise.

You have to factor in that Bill believes in bringing rookies along slowly and often just red-shirts them even if they usually hang around on the PS as JoeJuan Williams has mostly done. You have to earn a measure of trust to get snaps and then you have to do something with those chances to earn more.

He's had rookies that played right away but seems to prefer a gradual immersion in NFL waters than his more desperate opponents who feel compelled to toss rookies off the back of the boat and hope they can swim. Patience can be frustrating for all of us, but it's nothing new around here.

Your post seems to target the minor belief sweeping Pats nation that there is something wrong with N'Keal and he should be playing right now. He got hurt and missed a lot of time otherwise he'd be out there and likely contributing.

I'm not worried about him and expect him to produce before long, but we shouldn't waste time worrying about high-profile rookies busting until they demonstrate that they can't play.

I'm convinced this guy can play, but I'm not going to get impatient about it.

My expectations were incredibly low for him to begin with. I still don’t know why they drafted a guy who’s gonna take two to three years to contribute vs more O and D line depth guys. Whatever you think of Harry, WR is just not a position to invest top picks in especially in this offensive system. I’m not saying he’s a scrub, but I’m saying by the time he turns into an decent number two option he won’t have much time left on his rookie deal. He’ll probably break out his last year and then want to get overpaid. With his size, something tells me he’ll always be dealing with nagging injuries slowing him down. They could have found a way to get his production with much less than a first round pick.

That article made some interesting points, but I’m a lot higher on Sanu (and dorrset for that matter) than the writer. I think he’ll be a guy who’s contributions are more than what the stats show. Why they are throwing deep balls to him I don’t know, but I think he’ll make a play every drive that keeps things moving. For second game to be in up temp situations is impressive. In general I was pretty happy with the offense in a tough situation and hostile environment. Outside of the Oline anyway. The Oline is horrendous. I feel bad for Brady. He’s taking blame for some of it, but really he’s doing lots of things that are really limiting the damage.

He looked like a heck of a receiver to me, in training camp and the start of preseason games. Our first-rounders usually end up being valued starters, for a significant period of time. I'm talking during Belichick's time.

Not in order, but Warren, Watson, Graham, Wilfork, Hightower, Seymour, C. Jones, Mankins, Mayo, McCourty, Solder, et. al.

Along with some possible duds.

I'm hoping Harry will be in that first group. I don't know. Same with Wynn.

My expectations were incredibly low for him to begin with. I still don’t know why they drafted a guy who’s gonna take two to three years to contribute vs more O and D line depth guys. Whatever you think of Harry, WR is just not a position to invest top picks in especially in this offensive system. I’m not saying he’s a scrub, but I’m saying by the time he turns into an decent number two option he won’t have much time left on his rookie deal. He’ll probably break out his last year and then want to get overpaid. With his size, something tells me he’ll always be dealing with nagging injuries slowing him down. They could have found a way to get his production with much less than a first round pick.

That article made some interesting points, but I’m a lot higher on Sanu (and dorrset for that matter) than the writer. I think he’ll be a guy who’s contributions are more than what the stats show. Why they are throwing deep balls to him I don’t know, but I think he’ll make a play every drive that keeps things moving. For second game to be in up temp situations is impressive. In general I was pretty happy with the offense in a tough situation and hostile environment. Outside of the Oline anyway. The Oline is horrendous. I feel bad for Brady. He’s taking blame for some of it, but really he’s doing lots of things that are really limiting the damage.

I would agree with this. If he gets it in the last year of his rookie contract, his red shirt year shouldn't even count...but, it does.

He looked like a heck of a receiver to me, in training camp and the start of preseason games. Our first-rounders usually end up being valued starters, for a significant period of time. I'm talking during Belichick's time.

Not in order, but Warren, Watson, Graham, Wilfork, Hightower, Seymour, C. Jones, Mankins, Mayo, McCourty, Solder, et. al.

Along with some possible duds.

I'm hoping Harry will be in that first group. I don't know. Same with Wynn.

Michel?

N"Keal Harry not playing against the Ravens for me is not even an issue. He has had only 2 weeks of real practice. Give him the extra two weeks to knock the rust off and get on the right track with Brady.

N"Keal Harry not playing against the Ravens for me is not even an issue. He has had only 2 weeks of real practice. Give him the extra two weeks to knock the rust off and get on the right track with Brady.
you know your sexy when you make sense.....

And it does make sense based on what we saw, they needed the beef up front in that game. A fatty with a solid base over a player with self-doubt in a hurry up offense.

Harry is the last guy I'm worried about it. Two extra weeks to practice can only help. They wouldn't have won with him the other night so get him ready to be a legit weapon down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Chubb went way sooner. I like Sony, but with his style he needs good blocking. He’s not gonna go get 3 to 4 tough yards. Get him to the second level and he’s great at breaking chunk plays. It’s just getting him there. Still though I’m a huge believer in not drafting RBs or WRs in the first round.

Back