Kraft ask Goodell for draft picks back

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
Over the weekend I saw Tom E Curran interview Peter King. Curran had heard some rumblings that Kraft may ask for his draft picks back at the owners' meeting going on now in Florida. King said there's 0 chance the Pats will get the picks back.

My question...WHY NOT?

If Berman's ruling is upheld and Brady isn't suspended & since there's no proof that Brady did anything & since the club did nothing wrong, why wouldn't the picks be returned? Is this simply a matter of Goodell being stubborn or is there another reason the picks won't/can't be returned?

King also said that although commissioners are normally voted into the HOF, there's no way Goodell gets voted in bc of his last 3 tumultuous years unless he does some great stuff the rest of his career.

Reading now that Robert Kraft, at this morning's meeting, said that he wrote a letter to the Commissioner asking for his 1st-round pick back, outlined his reasons, and has "put his best foot forward."

Nothing will come of it. I wonder if there was a response.

Reading now that Robert Kraft, at this morning's meeting, said that he wrote a letter to the Commissioner asking for his 1st-round pick back, outlined his reasons, and has "put his best foot forward."

That's all we have so far. 98.5 is reporting it right now.

If he is trying to look as weak and ineffectual as possible, he's doing a great job of it.

Kraft: "we requested they test (psi levels) in every game"

Yeah, so that didn't happen. And if it did, Kraft will never know about it.

What the hell is this supposed to mean??? "I'm moving on from that"? :huh:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kraft wouldn't comment on if Goodell responded to his letter: "I'm moving on from that"</p>— Mark Daniels (@MarkDanielsPJ) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/711947222255079425">March 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kraft also requested to have Brady's suspension rescinded.

And we all see how that's worked out.

:suicide:

"[NFL] did their own testing. They have results. For whatever reason they haven't shared them with any of us."

Transparency.

:coffee:

From Mike Reiss:

Robert Kraft: "I personally wrote a letter to the commissioner responding to his comment that if any new facts came up, he would take them into consideration. I personally believe that when the league made their decision, they did not factor in the Ideal Gas Law. They admitted that publicly. They had a full year of being able to observe Tom Brady play with all the rules of whatever the NFL was, and make any judgments there. We have laid it out pretty straightforward and now it's up to them to decide."

Letter to the NFL owners from Jim Derochea who is driving a campaign to get our picks back. He makes some good points imo, not that it will do any good. :coffee:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByaQ59L9tF6_amNHTF9QRGZSdFU/view

I continue to be dumbfounded that the NFL's own multi million dollar report cleared the entire front office and coaching staff of the team, yet penalized the entire team anyway by fining them and taking draft PICKS from them.

This is why I hate the "too big to fail" mentality. The mentality that made the powers that be put an entity like Goodell in place to be their fall guy needs to be burned to the ground.

From a spoof account ROFL

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LEAKED: Strongly worded letter from Hightops Bob to <a href="https://twitter.com/nflcommish">@nflcommish</a> ! <a href="https://t.co/LB2XhC0gSI">pic.twitter.com/LB2XhC0gSI</a></p>— WWII Felger (@WWIIFelger) <a href="https://twitter.com/WWIIFelger/status/711949980257411072">March 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

From a spoof account ROFL

<iframe title="Twitter Tweet" data-tweet-id="711949980257411072" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 895px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
This is probably more strongly worded than the actual.
<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

The written snippets that I've seen don't put into context the actual intimations by Kraft. At about the 5:15 mark, the look on his face tells you a lot, the hesitancy. There has definitely been a response and communication.

I see he still managed to get an "atta boy" in there for Goodell.:grrr:

Still thinks fans are stupid enough to buy his "blame the lawyers" schtick?

Whatever. What exactly is it that your wisdom would tell you he should do? And, btw, most of this is the lawyers' fault.

Whatever. What exactly is it that your wisdom would tell you he should do? And, btw, most of this is the lawyers' fault.
I'd have him do a Costanza. Whatever he has done, he should have done the opposite.

No, Goodell is not a lawyer. Kensil, Vincent, Blandino are not lawyers. I don't think any of the owners are lawyers. The fault lies 100% within those groups.

I'd have him do a Costanza. Whatever he has done, he should have done the opposite.

No, Goodell is not a lawyer. Kensil, Vincent, Blandino are not lawyers. I don't think any of the owners are lawyers. The fault lies 100% within those groups.

The fault lies with the fact that his in-house counsel, Jeffrey Pash, advised him to run with this and furthered his advise to Roger by pursuing Exponent and Wells, giving them HIS agenda.

Back