Lamar Wants To Be A Patriot

yeah, not a fan. and for me, it has nothing to do with mac either. mac may turn into a great qb or not, but if he doesn't i'd rather start over.

I'm sort of a fan of Lamar, but can clearly see that a deal doesn't work for multiple reasons and we're going to see what Mac can do
with a professional OC and better OL and skill players. I think he's a good bet to have his best season, but concede that is not a
certainty. I call it 75-25 that he's going to improve significantly.

If it's 25 and things don't go well for him, then starting over might be as simple as sending Zappe in.

Somehow people collectively decided that he's actually a scrub who beat a couple of bad teams, but I wouldn't assume those
folks are correct until he has had fair time to develop. Certainly, he got thrown to the wolves last year due to Hoyer getting an
instant concussion and acquitted himself well. People can rule him out if they like, but I'm not going to. Think about how
shitty the timing was with Jones and how much better that was with Zappe. Was that a mirage?

It appears that Bill isn't going to shy away from challenging Mac with competition, so Bailey will get reps and a fair shot to
compete. Which is as it should be. Best guy plays and I don't care who it is.

I also won't rule out a surprising high draft choice on a QB like Hendon Hooker if he were to slide a bit.

This is a beautifully written article that details the kind of contract Lamar should be seeking. It's written by Joel Corry a former sports agent, NFL contracts and salary cap expert, and writer.
He shows other players' contracts as examples of what's been done recently; one of those contracts is the Ravens' own TE Mark Andrews.

He also points out that all guaranteed money, other than injury guarantees, has to be put in escrow at signing by the team. In Lamar Jackson's case that would be a pile of any team's money.

You all know where I stand. I don't see this happens in any way.

If they take him you have to trade Mac. His first year he was just awesome IMHO. His second year between his injury and the dick show of incoming coaches was a dump fire. Than you bring in LJ his third season could just demoralize him which they don't want. LJ, IMHO, won't last a full season healthy. So how does Mac do than? He is a pro as far as doing what's asked of him.

It depends on where they want the team to go. LJ isn't it. We do the long game not a one year or two year QB who is glass.

JMHO

Think about how shitty the timing was with Jones and how much better that was with Zappe. Was that a mirage?

It appears that Bill isn't going to shy away from challenging Mac with competition, so Bailey will get reps and a fair shot to
compete. Which is as it should be. Best guy plays and I don't care who it is.

I also won't rule out a surprising high draft choice on a QB like Hendon Hooker if he were to slide a bit.
No. Patricia called a much simpler (hard to believe, I know) game plan for Zappe and kept more in to block. When he did that Zappe was fine as I am sure Mac would have been too. When Patricia ventured away from that Zappe was not fine.

I disagree.

Man I am replying to use like I use to with Mazz

😅😅😅😅😅😅

OR.....does Bill do something really left field and plunge for Trey Lance....! A lot of talk in the ether about him being potentially finished in SF.

I have an uneasy feeling that Bill does not really think that Mac is the long-term answer.

View: https://twitter.com/nwagoner/status/1640378560593690625?s=61&t=CHYmSVVnHR_tY9M3ySbP4Q

LOL.

Let's start one about Dak coming to Foxboro. Or Geno.

I do agree that Bill seems to be less enamored with Mac than one would expect. Maybe he is annoyed at Mac's outbursts that highlighted the shitty Patricia decision? Who knows but you are correct. Bill seems to be hedging a little bit.

OR.....does Bill do something really left field and plunge for Trey Lance....! A lot of talk in the ether about him being potentially finished in SF.

I have an uneasy feeling that Bill does not really think that Mac is the long-term answer.

View: https://twitter.com/nwagoner/status/1640378560593690625?s=61&t=CHYmSVVnHR_tY9M3ySbP4Q

You could be right. I was really excited for Mac after his rookie season but man, last season was rough. I didn't like the way that he carried himself at all. A lot of immaturity showed IMO. I know some are going to chime in with how Brady acted later in his career but that was after a LONG career. You wouldn't have seen early brady acting the way that Mac did.

Why would half the teams pick Jones over Lamar? I'm glad you shared your opinion, but I don't agree. We'll see what Lamar goes for (and i've heard it's quite a bit), but that's the only reason I'd think of. Lamar is much better than Jones
My "opinion" on Lamar's decline is backed up by numbers. And, like I said, Lamar is incapable of running a pro-style passing offense, let alone one heavy in short-medium range passes that require quick reads and accuracy. So, why would a team want an injury-prone guy who has spent 5 years showing the league he's a one-trick pony? If Lamar had the value you think he has why has nobody made an offer for him to the Ravens? Why wouldn't a team desperate for a franchise QB be willing to part with two first round picks for a former MVP who is still only 26 years old? Why didn't the Ravens tear up his rookie deal after his MVP season and sign him long term then?

As far as Lamar being "much better than Jones"...what do you base that on? Mac had a great rookie season, last year was a washout due to a number of contributing factors. He may ultimately not be the guy but how about we at least give him a chance? Lamar has regressed every year since his MVP season. He consistently comes up small in big moments. He's missed 9 games due to injury over the last two seasons and he's a headcase. There is literally nothing about him that makes him a match for the Pats organization so I just don't get the desire by some to see him here.

My "opinion" on Lamar's decline is backed up by numbers. And, like I said, Lamar is incapable of running a pro-style passing offense, let alone one heavy in short-medium range passes that require quick reads and accuracy. So, why would a team want an injury-prone guy who has spent 5 years showing the league he's a one-trick pony? If Lamar had the value you think he has why has nobody made an offer for him to the Ravens? Why wouldn't a team desperate for a franchise QB be willing to part with two first round picks for a former MVP who is still only 26 years old? Why didn't the Ravens tear up his rookie deal after his MVP season and sign him long term then?

As far as Lamar being "much better than Jones"...what do you base that on? Mac had a great rookie season, last year was a washout due to a number of contributing factors. He may ultimately not be the guy but how about we at least give him a chance? Lamar has regressed every year since his MVP season. He consistently comes up small in big moments. He's missed 9 games due to injury over the last two seasons and he's a headcase. There is literally nothing about him that makes him a match for the Pats organization so I just don't get the desire by some to see him here.
Jones will be the Pats qb this season, so we'll see how much he improves. I just know that Lamar passes as well as Jones, and his running is fantastic. No need for me to argue about it. I know which qb is better, by watching them, and Baltimore's record with Lamar as qb. I sure hope the Pats do well this season, with Jones as the qb, or another qb..

You didn't say starter. You said QB. Regardless, that stuff doesn't belong here.
What doesn't belong here, talking about the quarterback of the Patriots? Or, who the current Patriots would want as the qb for the next few years?

Back