Lamar Wants To Be A Patriot

Jones will be the Pats qb this season, so we'll see how much he improves. I just know that Lamar passes as well as Jones, and his running is fantastic. No need for me to argue about it. I know which qb is better, by watching them, and Baltimore's record with Lamar as qb. I sure hope the Pats do well this season, with Jones as the qb, or another qb..
he most certainly does not. I live in the market, usually go to a couple games every year and watch the Ravens on a near weekly basis. As far as his fantastic running is concerned...that's why he's missed as many games over the last couple years. He's a run first QB, they don't exactly maintain that over the long-haul of a career and is the anthesis of the Pats offense. Don't see how forcing a square peg into a round hole is beneficial to either the hole or the peg.

...and you still didn't answer my question as to why no other teams seems to want him. I give specifics, you give platitudes.

Bringing race into the conversation showed ignorance on your part.
I'm not ignorant, I believe in racial equality, and I was commenting on the Patriots coaches and owners understanding of New England sports fans. Not everybody, for sure, but some real creeps. as mentioned by various sports players in New England, and visiting players.

he most certainly does not. I live in the market, usually go to a couple games every year and watch the Ravens on a near weekly basis. As far as his fantastic running is concerned...that's why he's missed as many games over the last couple years. He's a run first QB, they don't exactly maintain that over the long-haul of a career and is the anthesis of the Pats offense. Don't see how forcing a square peg into a round hole is beneficial to either the hole or the peg.

...and you still didn't answer my question as to why no other teams seems to want him. I give specifics, you give platitudes.
Other teams aren't knocking down the door for him, because he's so expensive. And there's still alot of time to get him. As far as you going to games he plays, you've watched him, and gave given your opinion of him. Thank you.

I have never thought much about Lamar, Good athlete, not so good a mind for the game. JMO.
I believe he has a losing record against the lowly Steelers, I mean even when he's healthy.

I really don't get the hype about that guy.

I would like to add: I wish the Ratbirds would have given him what he wants...

Last edited:
I have never thought much about Lamar, Good athlete, not so good a mind for the game. JMO.
I believe he has a losing record against the lowly Steelers, I mean even when he's healthy.

I really don't get the hype about that guy.
You didn't get his resume and testimonials that he sent out either, huh?

Lamar may have to just take the tag offer from Ratbirds... I heard on some sports show that the 39mil on the tag is more then he's made so far in his career.
I certainly haven't seen Lamar on any national TV ad's making $ that way (correct me if I'm wrong, and may he does some regional stuff in the Balt area)
he also doesn't strike me as the type that has a TV career ahead of him... again I could be wrong but don't get the feeling he's headed there after playing career over (and if he keeps running like he does, it'll be over sooner rather then later)

Perhaps the Patriots just don’t want Lamar what the heck I’d prefer to use a more colorful word... Not that Lamar isn’t a nice human being but.,,,

~Dee~

I wouldn't fault Mac or any QB for not behaving the way Brady did. Still, in 2002, his second year, Brady wasn't a total positive role model. He said himself after the season that in reviewing past games he was shocked at his behavior and attitude on the bench. And give him credit, he came out solid and focused in 2003, even after the debacle first game. Brady also did his share of complaining about players and plays, and went so far as to say not to put in certain players because he won't throw to them.

As far as Lamar, he's no Brady either. Brady could lift a team like no one else. Neither Lamar nor Jones have shown that thus far. Not in the past couple of years, anyway. Don't know about the future of either Lamar or Mac, but I know this about the past (which I may or may not have posted earlier in a different thread):

In his two years Mac was with the Patriots, they went to the playoffs one year and lost in the wild card round. They missed the playoff altogether the other year.

In those same two years with Lamar, the Ravens went to the playoffs one year and lost in the wild card round. They missed the playoff altogether the other year.

No. Patricia called a much simpler (hard to believe, I know) game plan for Zappe and kept more in to block. When he did that Zappe was fine as I am sure Mac would have been too. When Patricia ventured away from that Zappe was not fine.

I've heard that explanation, among several, but why in the wide world of sports would Matt Patricia not look at the positive difference apparent in the offense during Zappe's winning starts
and think "that was nice......but it's time to throw deep balls to guys who can't get separation again" Or "Mac is still gimpy, but he should be way better at dealing with pressure than whatzisname -- let's not worry about the pass rush." I could point out that our missing-in-action TEs (going on memory) fared better during Zappe's two starts even though
we were allegedly focused on protection, which might have involved them. I recall Jonnu catching a couple, a rarity, and Henry catching a pass in stride in green grass which was almost as rare, but....that was a long time ago. I don't claim to remember everything that happened.

I suppose that expecting common sense from a guy proved a total dumpster fire as an OC is a waste of time, but I think the fanbase, led by the media, accepted
some analysis which I found questionable.

I didn't see the rush to get Mac back in the lineup after a serious ankle injury as particularly necessary and after scoring 67 points during Zappe's two starts it seemed like we'd be doing Jones a favor by making sure he was healed up. He sure didn't look it to me when he returned. I thought it was risky, but that Bears game was one of the most depressing of a season that had several and led me to think, for the first time, that all the Offensive worries of Training Camp were not going to iron themselves out after all. And, yes, Bailey looked just as bad as Mac did
in that one as the lowly Bears ran us out of our stadium.

I'm not rooting for Bailey to replace Mac nor do I think that is a likelihood, but I do suspect he might have something going on between his ears that is worth taking seriously and
I wouldn't be surprised if he competes hard for the job and at least closes the gap. We'll know that is the case when the local media sharks smell blood in the water and tell us that we
have a gen-u-ine QB controversy for poor, befuddled Bill to sort out.

I might listen to John Tomase for the first time since he tried to fuck us over and whatever he thinks I'll know the opposite is true. That fat weasel's wet dream is for us to go
0-17 and Bill gets fired.

Other teams aren't knocking down the door for him, because he's so expensive. And there's still alot of time to get him. As far as you going to games he plays, you've watched him, and gave given your opinion of him. Thank you.
Numbers and reality aren't opinion. What you hear about him in the media isn't opinion, especially when he's saying it.

There are a bunch of teams around the league that are a QB away from competing. If one of those teams thinks they can win now with Jackson, as you think the Pats are, by parting with two first round picks for a guy who is a former MVP and still only 26 years old you don't think they'd pull the trigger? Nobody wants him.

...but yeah, that's just my opinion. Looks like it also happens to be shared by 31 NFL GMs but what do they know?

Numbers and reality aren't opinion. What you hear about him in the media isn't opinion, especially when he's saying it.

There are a bunch of teams around the league that are a QB away from competing. If one of those teams thinks they can win now with Jackson, as you think the Pats are, by parting with two first round picks for a guy who is a former MVP and still only 26 years old you don't think they'd pull the trigger? Nobody wants him.

...but yeah, that's just my opinion. Looks like it also happens to be shared by 32 NFL GMs but what do they know?
FYP :coffee:

...but yeah, that's just my opinion. Looks like it also happens to be shared by 31 NFL GMs but what do they know?
He'll be playing for someone, when the season gets started. But, okay, I got you.

I've heard that explanation, among several, but why in the wide world of sports would Matt Patricia not look at the positive difference apparent in the offense during Zappe's winning starts
and think "that was nice......but it's time to throw deep balls to guys who can't get separation again" Or "Mac is still gimpy, but he should be way better at dealing with pressure than whatzisname -- let's not worry about the pass rush." I could point out that our missing-in-action TEs (going on memory) fared better during Zappe's two starts even though
we were allegedly focused on protection, which might have involved them. I recall Jonnu catching a couple, a rarity, and Henry catching a pass in stride in green grass which was almost as rare, but....that was a long time ago. I don't claim to remember everything that happened.

I suppose that expecting common sense from a guy proved a total dumpster fire as an OC is a waste of time, but I think the fanbase, led by the media, accepted

I didn't see the rush to get Mac back in the lineup after a serious ankle injury as particularly necessary and after scoring 67 points during Zappe's two starts it seemed like we'd be doing Jones a favor by making sure he was healed up. He sure didn't look it to me when he returned. I thought it was risky, but that Bears game was one of the most depressing of a season that had several and led me to think, for the first time, that all the Offensive worries of Training Camp were not going to iron themselves out after all. And, yes, Bailey looked just as bad as Mac did

I'm not rooting for Bailey to replace Mac nor do I think that is a likelihood, but I do suspect he might have something going on between his ears that is worth taking seriously and
I wouldn't be surprised if he competes hard for the job and at least closes the gap. We'll know that is the case when the local media sharks smell blood in the water and tell us that we

I might listen to John Tomase for the first time since he tried to fuck us over and whatever he thinks I'll know the opposite is true. That fat weasel's wet dream is for us to go
I agree with pretty much all of this. We all saw the spark of Zappe. The offense hummed under him other than the second half of the Bears game.

You had said in a previous post that you believe Bill will play the best guy. I am not sure about that anymore. It is hard to read Bill these days. His comment the other day about appreciating the last 25 years, seems like a guy just trying to tread water to catch Shula's record. I really don't get the sense at all that Bill is really interested in building a true contender. So many in the media and here have said that his goal is to leave the Patriots in great shape when he retires, I don't see that at all. He has his kids in key positions and the roster has been deteriorating for years now. No need to go back to last year and the offensive coaching fiasco but honestly, I have little faith that he will make competent decisions going forward.

IMO, he has always seemed very reserved toward Mac. I don't know if he felt forced into taking him and really wanted Parsons with that 15th pick but what he did to Mac last year was atrocious. Not just the coaching but rushing him back on a bad ankle as you noted. I guess we'll what happens with BOB at the helm but I really have no idea what Bill is going to do which makes making any assumptions this offseason a wild guess.

I agree with pretty much all of this. We all saw the spark of Zappe. The offense hummed under him other than the second half of the Bears game.

You had said in a previous post that you believe Bill will play the best guy. I am not sure about that anymore. It is hard to read Bill these days. His comment the other day about appreciating the last 25 years, seems like a guy just trying to tread water to catch Shula's record. I really don't get the sense at all that Bill is really interested in building a true contender. So many in the media and here have said that his goal is to leave the Patriots in great shape when he retires, I don't see that at all. He has his kids in key positions and the roster has been deteriorating for years now. No need to go back to last year and the offensive coaching fiasco but honestly, I have little faith that he will make competent decisions going forward.

IMO, he has always seemed very reserved toward Mac. I don't know if he felt forced into taking him and really wanted Parsons with that 15th pick but what he did to Mac last year was atrocious. Not just the coaching but rushing him back on a bad ankle as you noted. I guess we'll what happens with BOB at the helm but I really have no idea what Bill is going to do which makes making any assumptions this offseason a wild guess.
It's been a while. 🙂

I disagree.

I am unwilling to give Patricia any credit for common sense. He showed none last season nor any in Detroit for a couple years for which I had a front row seat. The guy doesn’t have the mental makeup to be in charge. Bill Peter principal’d him. By a lot.

My appreciation for Mac doesn’t detract from what Zappe might be capable of either.

That said, Zappe played decently for 2 games with a tiny playbook. As soon as Patricia added some “Mac” plays to Zappe’s play calling, well we saw what happened.

Mac took us to the playoffs as a rook.

I will say this too and I almost can’t believe it. Bill is slipping a bit it seems. And if he isn’t, those decisions last season and some of the comments this season ( last 25 years, luke warm on Mac etc) are strange.

Back