Lamar Wants To Be A Patriot

Lamar Jackson at QB does not equal a team that can win a SB
That's true but he would be far more entertaining to watch than Mac. My hope and prayer is that Bill goes back into the draft. I doubt it happens this year.

I will say this too and I almost can’t believe it. Bill is slipping a bit it seems. And if he isn’t, those decisions last season and some of the comments this season ( last 25 years, luke warm on Mac etc) are strange.

Not to disagree with you here, because I hardly ever do, but the context of what I heard and what a lot of other people heard seem to be two different things.

Bill has made plenty of mistakes since he took over back in the year 1 AB, but he takes the heat for every decision, hundreds, thousands probably and sometimes I wonder if the really good decisions get noticed the same way. I always estimated that 85% of his calls prove to be correct, but I've reduced that to 83% based on last year. Certainly bringing back Matt Patricia and Joe Judge turned out to be two of his worst yet after Josh left. This is not even debatable and Bill deserves to be criticized for it. I love the guy, but I'm still furious over why he didn't do something/anything to stop the carnage. It was a shitty year. He should have stepped in when he saw the results, which were sickening. I could guess why, but I'm too pissed to
bother.

Going back to what I heard was the media wanting him to allay the worries of the fanbase who have gone one whole season without making the playoffs and 3 whole seasons without winning a
Super Bowl and Bill isn't going to give a 45-minute answer detailing every facet of his plan and where that all stands. His reply was simply to invite people to look at the totality of
his tenure and trust him and I was absolutely fine with that answer. I think we should. I think maybe a lot of fans are too spoiled to deal with the kind of season that other teams and
fans have regularly. This happens almost without exception to everybody. But it shouldn't happen to us! Whaaaaah! Look at the record. That's what he was saying.

To me, anybody that doesn't trust Belichick or thinks he's lost it is delusional. Yes, he's human and he really screwed the pooch last year just when some of us thought that
we could surpass 2021's record and maybe even compete if things broke right. Bill fucked up, which sometimes happens to humans or so it appears.

There was a great line written by John Updike when Ted Williams didn't acknowledge the fans during his last game at Fenway; "Gods don't answer letters". Bill Belichick
doesn't have to bend the knee to me, but if others feel that is required then they are welcome to be disappointed.

Not to disagree with you here, because I hardly ever do, but the context of what I heard and what a lot of other people heard seem to be two different things.

Bill has made plenty of mistakes since he took over back in the year 1 AB, but he takes the heat for every decision, hundreds, thousands probably and sometimes I wonder if the really good decisions get noticed the same way. I always estimated that 85% of his calls prove to be correct, but I've reduced that to 83% based on last year. Certainly bringing back Matt Patricia and Joe Judge turned out to be two of his worst yet after Josh left. This is not even debatable and Bill deserves to be criticized for it. I love the guy, but I'm still furious over why he didn't do something/anything to stop the carnage. It was a shitty year. He should have stepped in when he saw the results, which were sickening. I could guess why, but I'm too pissed to
bother.

Going back to what I heard was the media wanting him to allay the worries of the fanbase who have gone one whole season without making the playoffs and 3 whole seasons without winning a
Super Bowl and Bill isn't going to give a 45-minute answer detailing every facet of his plan and where that all stands. His reply was simply to invite people to look at the totality of
his tenure and trust him and I was absolutely fine with that answer. I think we should. I think maybe a lot of fans are too spoiled to deal with the kind of season that other teams and
fans have regularly. This happens almost without exception to everybody. But it shouldn't happen to us! Whaaaaah! Look at the record. That's what he was saying.

To me, anybody that doesn't trust Belichick or thinks he's lost it is delusional. Yes, he's human and he really screwed the pooch last year just when some of us thought that
we could surpass 2021's record and maybe even compete if things broke right. Bill fucked up, which sometimes happens to humans or so it appears.

There was a great line written by John Updike when Ted Williams didn't acknowledge the fans during his last game at Fenway; "Gods don't answer letters". Bill Belichick
doesn't have to bend the knee to me, but if others feel that is required then they are welcome to be disappointed.
One of the main tenets of the Patriot Way as proselytized by Bill himself was not to look at the past but only focus on the job right in front. Hearing him talk about the last 25 years was yet another departure from the very Bill who won all those championships the last 25 years ...

That's true but he would be far more entertaining to watch than Mac. My hope and prayer is that Bill goes back into the draft. I doubt it happens this year.
Hi again. 🙂 I've enjoy watching Mac from college and up. Yes; last year was crap but he was not 100% responsible for it. Ready to watch him again.

One of the main tenets of the Patriot Way as proselytized by Bill himself was not to look at the past but only focus on the job right in front. Hearing him talk about the last 25 years was yet another departure from the very Bill who won all those championships the last 25 years ...
Until I see things go the way you see it, I won't entertain it. I am not privy to his internal thoughts or conversations with people in private.

Except he never won multiple Super Bowls in a row with Brady. There were multiple years with no rings and Brady I niether blame nor reward either can you say the same.

~Dee~

Last edited:
What I don't understand is how the same person can wail about how devastating the decision to use Matty P and Joe Judge was last year, and still be confident that Mac isn't the right QB for the team. The offensive coaches were wildly out of their depth, the offensive line was a chaotic shit show, the team as a whole never had any real hope because of it, and they still only won 2 fewer games than the prior year.

Did Mac handle it perfectly? Far from it. But there certainly could be a longer term benefit for his leadership. No teammate will ever worry about whether his buy-in with what the coaching staff preaches is just for show or the sake of a united front. They'll know that when it wasn't right, he spoke up and took all the flak that came with it.

bother.

Great post.

Belichick doesn't owe anyone anything. And yes, he has a fantastic track record.

What I don't understand is how the same person can wail about how devastating the decision to use Matty P and Joe Judge was last year, and still be confident that Mac isn't the right QB for the team. The offensive coaches were wildly out of their depth, the offensive line was a chaotic shit show, the team as a whole never had any real hope because of it, and they still only won 2 fewer games than the prior year.

Did Mac handle it perfectly? Far from it. But there certainly could be a longer term benefit for his leadership. No teammate will ever worry about whether his buy-in with what the coaching staff preaches is just for show or the sake of a united front. They'll know that when it wasn't right, he spoke up and took all the flak that came with it.

100%

Mac really shined in the face of adversity I tell ya...he never wilted in the spotlight at least. He never crumbled, whined, cried, looked the fool, lost his locker room, etc.

That's why...that's EXACTLY why. Maybe he wasn't brought up to deal with that harsh reality, so, that might have something to do with his big step back.

bother.

excellent post

I would add this to it- look how long the Steelers went between winning their 4th and their 5th. The Cowboys, thank the football gods, haven't gotten past the divisional round going on 28 years. I'll be 59 in June, I've sat on the metal bleachers and seen how ugly things have gotten in the past.

Mac really shined in the face of adversity I tell ya...he never wilted in the spotlight at least. He never crumbled, whined, cried, looked the fool, lost his locker room, etc.

That's why...that's EXACTLY why. Maybe he wasn't brought up to deal with that harsh reality, so, that might have something to do with his big step back.

Your refusal to acknowledge what actually happened is weird. You seem to think playing this game is a win/win for you. It isn't.

Paying attention ONLY to video clips while ignoring the context makes you look easily manipulated. I doubt this is what you are shooting for on here with all of the Mac bashing. No coffee guy, buddy.

His step back was not 100% his fault and he did get injured. You bring in crappy coaches you get crappy plays and schemes.

I have a feeling there will be news of some sort tomorrow on this topic :coffee:

Your refusal to acknowledge what actually happened is weird. You seem to think playing this game is a win/win for you. It isn't.

Paying attention ONLY to video clips while ignoring the context makes you look easily manipulated. I doubt this is what you are shooting for on here with all of the Mac bashing. No coffee guy, buddy.
I have no idea why you want to keep propping up a guy who most likely isn't the answer at QB for the Pats. Have at it though...

Brady would have never melted like Macaroni did. I can guarantee that. Brady left the Pats on bad terms, but, the dew had brass balls. No one will ever deny that.

Mac doesn't have that IT factor. He just doesn't.

Back