Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magnetic Tape

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Archaic Media

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Pay? For Music?

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
Since I have no clue what the hell any of that means, I'll just say I bought mine from the store.

Yeah, I know, I'm not cool.

Alcoholic9 said:
They still sell albums? :confused:

Of course they do. A CD is still an album.

al·bum
n.
A book with blank pages for the insertion and preservation of collections, as of stamps, photographs, or autographs.

A set of musical recordings stored together in jackets under one binding.
The holder for such recordings.
A recording of different musical pieces.
A printed collection of musical compositions, pictures, or literary selections.
A tall, handsomely printed book, popular especially in the 19th century, often having profuse illustrations and short, sentimental texts.

Yes, for those of us in the stoneage. I actually don't know anyone who does any of the before mentioned stuff. We live simple lives here in the sticks.

I must be way out of date if a stoner like you is more technology advanced than me.

Hell, these guys should consider themselves fortunate that we even want to listen to their music ... buy the music? Good Lord ... what a novel idea ... :LOL:

Jheavner said:
Yes, for those of us in the stoneage. I actually don't know anyone who does any of the before mentioned stuff. We live simple lives here in the sticks.

Don't worry about it. There was a hubbub awhile ago about Sony CDs being sold with Digital Rights Management software on them. This software caused all kinds of trouble for people who wanted to play the CDs on their computer.

So this poll is really

A protected CD like the above.
A normal CD
A protected format download of music from the internet.
A non-protected download (but still paid for and legal)
A tape
A record

Jheavner said:
I must be way out of date if a stoner like you is more technology advanced than me.

It's not that, I was just wondering who would pay for something that's free. ;)

Well I suppose prostitution is still around though. :D

I still by CD's all the time. Most people don't like buying them because of the chance of a One Hit wonder purchase. I have a strange knack of almost never buying a one hit wonder CD, I usually end up liking the wntire CD.

That said the last CD I bought was "Fort Minor". Pretty good to.

The last (and only) thing I have heard about this stuff is that Metallica took Napster dude to court and now people have to pay.

I don't even know what you buy it for. Is that for ipod and Mp3 players are for?

OUT OF DATE, I am.

I didn't even go on the internet until I bought a computer 2 years ago. I guess I am scared of new things.:confused:

I still have every vinyl album I ever bought. I'm going to clean them off and listen to them back-to-back one day. Well ... maybe weekend would be more appropriate ...

Alcoholic9 said:
It's not that, I was just wondering who would pay for something that's free. ;)

I don't buy that much any more, but if I like something a lot, I will buy it. Not for any moral or legal issues, but because you simply can not download any music that isn't compressed in some way and has lost some of its dynamics.

MP3 is fine for the computer, but sucks compared to the original format when played on a real sound system.

Honestly, I don't remember the last CD I bought.....

But it was a typical/normal CD.....

Since I still listen to the same music I grew up with, it would have been a 70s/80s group (like AC/DC, Stevie Nicks, yada, yada).

Now, if we're talking music for my kids... :rolleyes:

Again, normal CD, but it would've been Barney, Wiggles, Shania Twain, yada, yada... :eek:

CD'S Purchased within the last month

The Proclaimers - this is the story - an old release I needed to update

Johnny Cash - The Legend of Johnny Cash - good beer drinking music by a camp fire

Ray Charles - Pure Genius - box set of 1952 -1959 music great listening

Jheavner said:
The last (and only) thing I have heard about this stuff is that Metallica took Napster dude to court and now people have to pay.

I don't even know what you buy it for. Is that for ipod and Mp3 players are for?

OUT OF DATE, I am.

I didn't even go on the internet until I bought a computer 2 years ago. I guess I am scared of new things.:confused:

Well I can fill you in on a few things.

There are many other file-sharing programs besides Napster. Seek and you shall find. The RIAA has been and still is going after people who share hundreds or thousands of files on file-sharing programs but I have never heard about them going after anyone for just downloading stuff. Translation - don't share and you should be fine.

I don't recommend file sharing programs though. I personally use IRC, the last open frontier of the internet IMO. Besides some release groups (people who rip and release movies, games, apps, and music) that the FBI went after I know of nobody who's ever been sued for grabbing stuff off IRC. If you're a noob it'll take a while to learn how IRC works though. Google is your friend.

BTW....... Dchester, I didn't post any of this. A hacker has obviously hacked my PatriotsPlanet account. I'm a law abiding citizen. :D

Alcoholic9 said:
Well I can fill you in on a few things.

There are many other file-sharing programs besides Napster. Seek and you shall find. The RIAA has been and still is going after people who share hundreds or thousands of files on file-sharing programs but I have never heard about them going after anyone for just downloading stuff. Translation - don't share and you should be fine.

I don't recommend file sharing programs though. I personally use IRC, the last open frontier of the internet IMO. Besides some release groups (people who rip and release movies, games, apps, and music) that the FBI went after I know of nobody who's ever been sued for grabbing stuff off IRC. If you're a noob it'll take a while to learn how IRC works though. Google is your friend.

BTW....... Dchester, I didn't post any of this. A hacker has obviously hacked my PatriotsPlanet account. I'm a law abiding citizen. :D

I really wouldn't know where to start with this stuff. Maybe I will get it in 10 years. That seems to be my pattern. We (as a kid in high school) didn't get a VCR until the late 90's. I finally got to watch that tape of E.T. we got in 1985. Not what I expected.

My husband is cooler than I am. I mean, we got a DVD/VCR player now, har har!

Glad to know you are a low abiding citizen, A9. Dancing pot leafs always make me feel lawfull.:p

mikiemo83 said:
Johnny Cash - The Legend of Johnny Cash - good beer drinking music by a camp fire

I too got that CD. The Song with Willie Nelson is awesome :thumb:

cadmonkey said:
I too got that CD. The Song with Willie Nelson is awesome :thumb:

Are you all a bunch of country music fans? I thought country was for the rednecks... ;)

Maybe I should make a poll and see what the posters here like (with regards to music)?

Back