Legal and Illegal Immigration

Providence Colt

Reaction score
“... and was, by the way , based on Obama’s caging policy!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
And last I checked, Obama built more barrier/wall/fencing where there previously was none than Trump did. Ain’t politics, grand?

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
And last I checked, Obama built more barrier/wall/fencing where there previously was none than Trump did. Ain’t politics, grand?
And rain is wet.

Trump built it where in needed be in order to be most effective. And it was.

Now we have China Joe spraying covid ILLEGAL ALIENS all over the country. I bet you are so proud.

deec77

Reaction score
There’s always been laws as well as exclusions throughout our history as far as immigrations laws go. Just look at past, plenty of decisions throughout history that “most“ would probably disagree with. This is all silly at best and dangerous at worst.

~Dee~

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score

ParanoidPatriot

Reaction score
There are 6 billion or more people in the world. Let's say that 10% want to come to the US.
My question to those who don't want to control our borders: how many people should be allowed to immigrate to the US both legally or illegally? Please provide a number.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
There are 6 billion or more people in the world. Let's say that 10% want to come to the US.
My question to those who don't want to control our borders: how many people should be allowed to immigrate to the US both legally or illegally? Please provide a number.
The dems know that FREE American taxpayer money and bennies can have no limit the the votes are what they are buying.

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score

All of them provided they support themselves, don't leach off the taxpayers, and are not diseased or of a long criminal background of serious offenses, terrorist or gang member for example.

A free nation should welcome immigrants of all types provided they are productive and no threat to anyone. And let's not forget the next Steve Jobs or Elon Musk who have created vast wealth for many in this nation. They are just two shining examples of the type of people that want to be free to live their lives and build great things which lead to jobs, advancement, and human flourishing.

Just think of the minds, hands, and strong backs that came to this, the freest of all the nations in history, built upon millennia of study and a slow painful crawl throw the bog of time and the only moral one as she held, in her founding principles, the individual above all else thereby freeing all who came to these shores for the opportunity to reach the highest possible in them if they so choose. And what a world they built. In just under 300 years this country, through its natural and human resources and magnificent principles set the world ablaze with glory.

The Great Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Secure borders/open immigration properly done.
❤️❤️❤️❤️

88183190_195248135221555_677653871174090752_o.jpg

Last edited:

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
Right now their having the same issues . Just different president in office. Unaccompanied minors are being held in same buildings. Until they can find space & case workers for them.
If you can't handle the surge stop allowing them to cross the border. Have them wait In mexico .

Providence Colt

Reaction score
And rain is wet.

Trump built it where in needed be in order to be most effective. And it was.

Now we have China Joe spraying covid ILLEGAL ALIENS all over the country. I bet you are so proud.
LOL!

We went from “BUILD A MASSIVE WALL FROM SEA TO SEA SHINING SEA THAT MEXICO WILL PAY FOR~!” to “Build some fencing, even less than his predecessor whom we said was too soft on illegal immigration but...Trump built it where it need to be!”

If there’s one thing we’ve learned it’s that Trumpers will never issue a syllable of criticism towards Trump. It’s amazing.

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
LOL!

We went from “BUILD A MASSIVE WALL FROM SEA TO SEA SHINING SEA THAT MEXICO WILL PAY FOR~!” to “Build some fencing, even less than his predecessor whom we said was too soft on illegal immigration but...Trump built it where it need to be!”

If there’s one thing we’ve learned it’s that Trumpers will never issue a syllable of criticism towards Trump. It’s amazing.
The house is responsible for funding such things and they just didn't want it. Had little to do with Trump. Don't care if it's a wall, the military, or whatnot, just secure the border and let almost everyone in, I gave my qualifications previously. But like I said above, secure borders and open immigration for those that deserve to be here.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
The house is responsible for funding such things and they just didn't want it. Had little to do with Trump. Don't care if it's a wall, the military, or whatnot, just secure the border and let almost everyone in, I gave my qualifications previously. But like I said above, secure borders and open immigration for those that deserve to be here.
LMAO! Mr. Art of the Deal couldn’t cut a deal with the Republican House? That certainly wasn’t a part of his repeated campaign promises! Anything to alleviate fault from Trump though, eh?

Go ahead. Say it. “Trump failed.” It won’t cause you physical pain, I promise.

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score

Arrests of Unaccompanied Children at Southern Border Continue to Climb​

Biden administration grapples with rising numbers of migrants, restarts Obama-era program for Central American children​

im-309974

Asylum-seeking unaccompanied minors were being transported in a U.S. Border Patrol vehicle in Penitas, Texas, on Tuesday.​

PHOTO: ADREES LATIF/REUTERS
By
Michelle Hackman
Updated March 10, 2021 3:48 pm ET

WASHINGTON—The number of children crossing the border illegally rose 63% to 9,297 in February, U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Wednesday, an acceleration that has strained government resources and sparked a political backlash against the Biden administration’s planned immigration overhaul.
Border-patrol agents overall made nearly 97,000 arrests in February. The number of migrants traveling as families more than doubled from the previous month to 18,945, while the number of single adults grew 9.9% to 68,732. Single adults in particular have been making repeated attempts to enter the country illegally, officials said, so the actual number of individuals attempting illegal crossings is lower.

The Biden administration has said it wants to make the immigration system less reliant on long-term detention and other enforcement measures, and to emphasize humane treatment and quick decisions on asylum seekers’ requests for protection. The increasing numbers of people at the border make that task more difficult. The administration has said it needs more time to accomplish its goal and has repeatedly warned prospective migrants that now isn’t the time to make the journey to the border.
As part of its response, the U.S. said Wednesday it is restarting a program allowing Central American children to come to the U.S. legally if they have a parent here. Mr. Biden was briefed earlier in the day by a team of senior administration officials who recently traveled to the Southern border to review the situation.

Republicans criticized the administration’s approach, saying it invited the surge of people at the border and would weaken the nation’s security.
“You would have to have the most acute case of suspended reality to deny that we have a border crisis,” Rep. Jodey Arrington (R., Texas) said during a news conference with Republicans from border states Wednesday. “This crisis is a direct result, let’s be very clear, a direct result of President Biden’s unilateral actions.”
“Secure borders is pro-immigrant, pro-America, and pro-our values, and the Biden administration doesn’t care,” said Chip Roy (R., Texas).

The Central American Minors program was started by former President Barack Obama in 2014 in response to the first wave of Central American children arriving at the border. Former President Donald Trump terminated the program in 2017, saying it was an immigration pathway that had been created without congressional approval.

The program allowed children in Central America with a parent in the U.S. to apply for refugee status, or to be allowed into the U.S. under another option known as parole, subject to renewal, in order to rejoin a parent. The Central American Minors program was meant to provide a safe and legal alternative for children who would otherwise undertake dangerous journeys to the U.S., the State Department said when the program was announced.

Parents of the children would need to have legal authorization to live in the U.S., either through citizenship, permanent residency, a visa or a deportation relief program like Temporary Protected Status.

The Biden administration said it would first open the program to applicants whose pending cases were closed when the program was terminated. It will then be open to new applicants, possibly with expanded criteria.

“Neither this announcement nor any of the other measures suggests that anyone, especially children and families with young children, should make the dangerous trip to try to enter the U.S. in an irregular fashion,” Roberta Jacobson, the administration’s coordinator for the southern border, said at a news conference announcing the restart of the Central American Minors program at the White House. “The border is not open.”

Ms. Jacobson said the administration would request $4 billion over four years from Congress to address the root causes of migration as part of its foreign-assistance package.

Ms. Jacobson acknowledged that the administration’s messaging—that it hopes to have better legal immigration processes in the future, but is discouraging people from coming to the border now—could confuse some migrants.
“When you look at the issue of mixed messages, it is difficult at times to convey both hope in the future and the danger that is now, and that is what we’re trying to do,” she said. “I will certainly agree that we are trying to walk and chew gum at the same time.”

Three Challenges Facing Biden’s Immigration Package

Three Challenges Facing Biden’s Immigration Package

President Biden has proposed a comprehensive immigration-reform plan. But as WSJ’s Gerald F. Seib explains, he faces an uphill climb that could be even tougher than what previous administrations faced. Photo illustration: Laura Kammermann
Ms. Jacobson appeared to contradict herself when she discussed the need to communicate clearly about the border being closed. She first said in English, “It’s really important that that message get out because the perception is not the same as the reality in terms of the border not being open,” then said in Spanish, “la frontera no está cerrada,” meaning that the border isn’t closed. She later corrected herself, saying in Spanish that the border is closed.

The flow of migrants, who are primarily from Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, began ticking up last summer. The increase likely has several causes: The coronavirus pandemic has worsened economic conditions across the region and gang violence has increased. Guatemala and Honduras were slammed with back-to-back hurricanes in November.

Mr. Biden’s election has also played a role, with word spreading across the region that the new president might prove more welcoming than his predecessor.
One of the Trump administration policies that the Biden administration has maintained is a public-health-emergency order allowing Border Patrol agents to immediately turn back most migrants they encounter, skipping the process of formally arresting them and depriving them of the chance to ask for asylum. The policy is being applied to single adults who cross the border—still the majority of migrants—as well as most families.

Last month, Mexico began refusing to take back some migrant families with young children, particularly in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, leading the administration to instead allow them to enter the U.S. with immigration court dates.
The Biden administration also stopped expelling unaccompanied children to their home countries, a reversal of Trump administration policy that the Biden team says is a more humane approach to caring for children. The government has instead been allowing children to claim asylum or apply for other visas. The children are then transferred to the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Refugee Resettlement, which operates a network of child-welfare shelters around the country.
Shelter space has quickly filled as the number of children has risen, leading the government to end social-distancing measures that had reduced its shelter capacity by about 40%. Still, the crowding has resulted in children remaining in custody longer than the 72 hours permitted under law at border-patrol stations, where the government doesn’t have proper facilities or procedures to care for them.

As of Wednesday, about 3,000 children were in Border Patrol custody, with more than 1,500 remaining there longer than 72 hours, according to a person familiar with the figures.

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
LMAO! Mr. Art of the Deal couldn’t cut a deal with the Republican House? That certainly wasn’t a part of his repeated campaign promises! Anything to alleviate fault from Trump though, eh?

Go ahead. Say it. “Trump failed.” It won’t cause you physical pain, I promise.

That wasn't the main point in my post and you know it. I mean they taught how to spot a main idea in elementary school.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Right now their having the same issues . Just different president in office. Unaccompanied minors are being held in same buildings. Until they can find space & case workers for them.
If you can't handle the surge stop allowing them to cross the border. Have them wait In mexico .
Correct but now multiplied by a 1000.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
That wasn't the main point in my post and you know it. I mean they taught how to spot a main idea in elementary school.
It was the main point in MY post which you responded to. I’m sorry, I thought we were having a discussion about more than just emotional Trump apologetics.