LeGarrette Blount Has Officially Retired - Thanks For All You Did!

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
1607203436022.png

View: https://twitter.com/bostonsportsinf/status/1335233877158322176

Last edited:

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
Be well, be happy going forward. Today is the first day...

Cheers

Reaction score
*11 playoff rushing TDs, 7th most all time
*3 rings and a 10-1 playoff record, likely one of the best winning percentages....
*9 playoff wins in a row ( matches those on 01.03.04 Pats team)
Not bad for a guy whose pro career almost never got started after that ugly incident in the bowl game....

BradyGirl

Reaction score
Always liked this guy! He threw off a shady past and went all in when he was here, giving us a much-needed, solid running game. And, yes, his Steelers escape was legendary! ;)

Steve1

Reaction score
Opponents Had to worry about Blount-he was that good. What a pickup by the Patriots-twice! His Patriots could pass, and could run. A complete offense! Best for you, always!
(you did fumble in that SB against the Falcons; Belichick took care of that-benched you. We'll let it go....)

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score
My favorite Blount play was when he carried most of the Steelers D down to the goal line and refused to be tackled.

A play like that, where a guy just refuses to succumb, gets a team fired up out of their skulls. The play went for 50-something yards, but the effect of it was much greater psychologically.

I know that is how I felt watching that play. We weren't going to lose when we had guys like Blount.

That one play stole Pittsburgh's souls. I'm glad LG turned his career around and ended up here. He was a Patriot.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
I was trying to recall tbe opponent on that one, thanks Hawgie.
I seriously think BB lets guys have certain opportunities against their old teams. no proof, just a feeling based on some plays in some situations. if a guy is extra motivated, use it!

Last edited:

patswin

WTF
Reaction score
My favorite Blount play was when he carried most of the Steelers D down to the goal line and refused to be tackled.

A play like that, where a guy just refuses to succumb, gets a team fired up out of their skulls. The play went for 50-something yards, but the effect of it was much greater psychologically.

I know that is how I felt watching that play. We weren't going to lose when we had guys like Blount.

That one play stole Pittsburgh's souls. I'm glad LG turned his career around and ended up here. He was a Patriot.
That would be this play. To be fair, stealing Pittsburghs souls has been a common occurrence for some years now.
View: https://youtu.be/VG64In_vHYg