Let's talk about the weather

We get Midges and horseflies here which are a pain.

Midges are typical in Ireland and Scotland during the summer.

image.jpg

1643289172211.jpeg

And the bastards bite.

1643289051497.jpeg

Fortunately we’ve a lot of Bats here that feed on the cretins and mosquitoes. When I hear people giving out about Bats, it drives me mad.

Mimi and Muse, my old job had a place in Caribou and the people that worked there said there were potato wrestling matches every year. Is that really a thing? lol

Mimi and Muse, my old job had a place in Caribou and the people that worked there said there were potato wrestling matches every year. Is that really a thing? lol
Not where I am from or heard of. LOLOL Mimi? Maybe I was just not in the know. LOLOL

Back in the day they used to suspend schools in early fall in The County for potato harvesting. I don't know if they still do that.

We get Midges and horseflies here which are a pain.

Midges are typical in Ireland and Scotland during the summer.

image.jpg

View attachment 9215

And the bastards bite.

View attachment 9214

Fortunately we’ve a lot of Bats here that feed on the cretins and mosquitoes. When I hear people giving out about Bats, it drives me mad.
Those are worse than black flies at least in my part of the state

Sorry. I was about to boast about how cold it was here in NH at -16, but then Mimi posted that -38 (but fortunately feels like -30?), putting me to shame. My humiliation got the better of me. I apologize.
I woke up to closed schools due to the cold here: -19, wind chill of -33. That -38 is an eyepopper, though, no mistake.

Back in the day they used to suspend schools in early fall in The County for potato harvesting. I don't know if they still do that.
Believe it or not, they still do - Middle/High School starts up in the middle of August (Elementary Schools start after Labor Day), then no school for 2 weeks at the end of September for potato harvest.

Believe it or not, they still do - Middle/High School starts up in the middle of August (Elementary Schools starts after Labor Day), then no school for 2 weeks at the end of September for potato harvest.
Potato seasons brings back so many memories good and bad. Mostly bad. LOLOL

Back