Leveon Bell cut by Jests... worth a look?

If there is anything left in his tank he would instantly be the best rb on this team. What don't you like about his style?

He runs at a plus level, catches at a plus level, and blocks at a plus level. If(big if) he is still that guy he Damm sure fits what the pats do.

Get him on the typical BB prove it deal you do it. If he works out great if not you move on..
By style I mean his fighting with Gase. I might let that go, bc Gase, but...
I agree he'd probably be at the top of our RB list but how long has it been since he's been good? 2017.
We have space for him and signing wouldn't prevent signing 2 more players either. There's room. He wouldn't make us get rid of any RB we have.
Rather have a TE or LB or WR1

We dont need another RB. Probably wouldnt be cheap. I'd rather keep Harris and White going without a doubt. Even Burkhead has played well. Heck even Taylor. Michel...etc....name a RB on the Pats that hasn't played well? I'm fine with what we have back there. No need to fix what ain't broken.

A running back who can catch passes doesn't fit our style? 🤔
A player who gives attitude to his coaches doesn't normally fit our style. Giving attitude to Gase could actually be a positive thing.
Bell is expected to decide today where he will sign. I'm told its between the Pats, Chiefs and 3 other teams. No known front runner.

Last edited:
Like Randy Moss in Oakland, right? :rolleyes:
No. Not the same. Moss quit trying hard in Oakland because the players were lousy and the team was going no where. His attitude was against the team. Bell's attitude was against the coach for how he was being used. Big difference.

No. Not the same. Moss quit trying hard in Oakland because the players were lousy and the team was going no where. His attitude was against the team. Bell's attitude was against the coach for how he was being used. Big difference.
it happens all the time... the upside is worth the risk of bringing him in... if he signs, and it doesnt work, ship him out, just like with ab and any number of problem players BB has taken a chance on

Patriots currently have: 51 active players
2 (Gilmore, Cowart) on COVID-19 Reserve
16 practice squad players 1 (Bill Murray) on COVID-19 Practice Squad Reserve
1 player on PUP (Brandon King)
8 players on Injured Reserve.
2 open spots on the 53-man roster as of right now.

so then you are saying he was like more like Blount and less like Moss - both kinda worked out ok.

Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo
Put simply: Bell is negotiating to double dip here.
Earn his new salary from his new team on top of what the #Jets owe him.
So these negotiations happening now do matter.

The Chiefs can't win a bidding war.
How can he do this? He can claim the $6M from the Jets is termination pay to eliminate the off set.

Bell to the Chiefs. Dammit.

Yup. Always been both easier and cheaper for the really good teams to attract talent.

Back