Leveon Bell cut by Jests... worth a look?

would have been worth pursuing him just to deny the cheefs/anyone another weapon...

so "Patty" LevBell is headed to the cheefs... already played them once... guess we will have to see how he looks at our second face off this year...

That is not good. He is a perfect fit for the Chefs.
Yeah, the rich get richer. Does he play defense?
The Chiefs only had $6M in cap space. Can't wait for the contract details.
BB's played against Bell plenty of times. Bell doesn't put them over the top. Not worried.

Well, now that he's going to the Chefs, I'm changing my mind and saying he sucks.

:D

it happens all the time... the upside is worth the risk of bringing him in... if he signs, and it doesnt work, ship him out, just like with ab and any number of problem players BB has taken a chance on
Yeah, methinks using the AB signing as an example of a no-risk scenario of signing a problem guy isn't the best one to use. I saw that the Jets and Pats had a trade 'discussion,' but I think it went like this:

GASE: Hey Bill, interested in trading for Bell?
BELICHICK: Ha ha ha ha. Good one, Adam.

Yeah, methinks using the AB signing as an example of a no-risk scenario of signing a problem guy isn't the best one to use. I saw that the Jets and Pats had a trade 'discussion,' but I think it went like this:

GASE: Hey Bill, interested in trading for Bell?
BELICHICK: Ha ha ha ha. Good one, Adam.
granted ab lit the fuse on the dynamite when the name "kraft" came off his lips, and the exit was a bit "dramatic"... but, ultimately ab was just one more name in a long line of players who came and went quickly...

and the conversation probably went more like

BB: take a fifth?
Gase: Oh look! a Fly!
BB: ....

Or he signed with a playoff bound team on a 1 year prove it deal... like players are prone to do in new england... His stock was in the tank after his new jersey experience

Or he signed with a playoff bound team on a 1 year prove it deal... like players are prone to do in new england... His stock was in the tank after his new jersey experience
Or he went to the only team that would take him for cheap, like players are prone to do in New England.

Or he went to the only team that would take him for cheap, like players are prone to do in New England.
I suspect he went where he thought he'd have the best chance to get a ring.

Really? The only team interested in Bell for a 1 yr, 690k contract with minuscule 310k in incentives?

You think BB wouldn't have picked him up for that contract? Then you haven't been paying attention for the past 20 years ... If he plays well, at the very least the team gets a productive 1 year rental on the cheap, and the very best he does exceeding well, and the team gets a decent comp pick if someone snags him in free agency next off season

Really? The only team interested in Bell for a 1 yr, 690k contract with minuscule 310k in incentives?

You think BB wouldn't have picked him up for that contract? Then you haven't been paying attention for the past 20 years ... If he plays well, at the very least the team gets a productive 1 year rental on the cheap, and the very best he does exceeding well, and the team gets a decent comp pick if someone snags him in free agency next off season
I just said that BB takes guys like that. lol. But I doubt he had a line of teams wanting to give him millions considering he took that contract, although the Jets are paying a lot of money to him still.

I just said that BB takes guys like that. lol. But I doubt he had a line of teams wanting to give him millions considering he took that contract, although the Jets are paying a lot of money to him still.
i think i misunderstood the intent of the post then, my apologies

Back