Loch Ness Monster in New England?

BY1401

Unapologetically Moderate
Reaction score
Anybody watching the History Channel right now? Something about sea monsters in Lake Champlain.

I'd never heard about this before.

Strange.

GFY1401 on 01-30-2008 at 06:10 PM said:
I'd never heard about this before.

Strange.

Champie, supposedly like "Nessie". But yeah, as I mentioned, the stories have been there for centuries, perhaps even longer, among my people. Whites first heard about it from them, in fact, and eventually someone named "it" Champie...

GFY1401 on 01-30-2008 at 06:07 PM said:
Anybody watching the History Channel right now? Something about sea monsters in Lake Champlain.
They'll find one for you in your bathtub. I mean, one 1958 black and white fuzzy picture from 1000 feet away of a toy dinosaur in the water and they'll declare sea monsters. Then, they'll refute it. :confused:

Re: Re: Loch Ness Monster in New England?

Vito Babe on 01-30-2008 at 08:13 PM said:
They'll find one for you in your bathtub. I mean, one 1958 black and white fuzzy picture from 1000 feet away of a toy dinosaur in the water and they'll declare sea monsters. Then, they'll refute it. :confused:
What's odd is that my house was built in 1958, but the bathroom has been redone since then.

Re: Re: Loch Ness Monster in New England?

Vito Babe on 01-30-2008 at 06:13 PM said:

You just stop right there, mister, or Tatoskok will eat you, your wife, your children, and all that you hold dear... :D

Is that what the natives called it?

Tatoskok sounds cooler than Champie.

Just my two cents.

Is the lake very deep?

Wait JOFM! Some old lady claims this ****er can come onto dry land!?!

Damn.

Badass.

But...so...wait.

If this thing exists, why hasn't it attacked any boats like Jaws did?

Claremonster on 01-30-2008 at 08:36 PM said:
LOL... I could see someone doing that.

Part of my diet as a kid was Smoked Sturgeon from that lake. Never saw "Champ" though. :mad:
I've got a sister-in-law whose maiden name was Sturgeon.

Back