Lockerroom Celebration - Kraft to Belichick on getting to no.2

I mean, how much more obvious can it be that Kraft has Bill on a short leash and that Bill has lost his players?
Here's what Jonathan Kraft said today.

How does ownership feel about Belichick's management of the quarterbacks?

“Here’s what I do know: Bill Belichick is the greatest coach that’s ever coached in the NFL and arguably as great of a coach as there’s been in any sport," Patriots president Jonathan Kraft told 98.5 The Sports Hub before Sunday's game against the New York Jets.

"I say that because he's achieved what he's achieved in a salary cap era. All the other names you hear about compared to Bill are guys who coached in a league with much less than 32 teams, no salary cap and no free agency.

Kraft later added: "Bill’s earned the right to manage the team that way. If he thought that was the right way to do it, we support that."

Extremely impressive. How many seasons needed to pass Shula ?

Extremely impressive. How many seasons needed to pass Shula ?
Shula has 347 total victories: 328 RS, 19 PS
BB has 325 total victories: 294 RS, 31 PS

BB needs 23 more wins to pass Shula. Theoretically, it could be done sometime next year. BB could get as many as 12 or 13 more wins this year (9 RS, 3 or 4 PS).

So at least one more season after this one, possibly two.

Last edited:
Our coach is impressive indeed. And I have had a soft spot for Jackie Slater's little boy since he was signed. HSanders and I exchanged notes about how happy we were to see him come to the Patriots. That was a long time ago and those early expectations have definitely born out. WR not so much, but ST will prove to be his legacy.

Everyone knows BB has lost it, is a disaster as a GM, and the game has passed him bye. He would be nothing without ----- anyway.

Let's fix that, Curran wants Bill to be fired after this season.

He seems to despise Bill and I'm getting tired of seeing his disparaging, snarky comments on Bill when he's on Rich Eisen's show or whatever.

Let's fix that, Curran wants Bill to be fired after this season.

He seems to despise Bill and I'm getting tired of seeing his disparaging, snarky comments on Bill when he's on Rich Eisen's show or whatever.
OK, let's fix that: he both wants him fired and has strongly suggested that he may well be fired. I think Curran is generally a good guy, but he has 1) a self-admitted serious case of Brady idolatry; 2) a self-admitted love affair and professional and personal relationship with Dr. Quack Guerrero; 3) a hatred of Belichick for treating both of them badly, at least in his eyes.

Curran claims Bill is getting fired after the season.
The Patriots radio guys said that Curran is one of 3 with the best inside contacts.

Iirc it was Curran, Reiss and the NFL.com reporter whose name starts with an R.

The Patriots radio guys said that Curran is one of 3 with the best inside contacts.

I believe that he is. I should have added that, to his credit, Curran has admitted that his beliefs in the matter are based upon his own speculation and not on anything he's heard from insiders.

He used to be. Then two of his main ones went to Tampa Bay, and he's been on this arc ever since.

Back