LOL @ Chargers Fans

I read the first post it was about all I could take

I read the first post it was about all I could take

It gets better as you keep going. That dude OC HATES the Pats and has no ability to be rational when it comes to us. The other posters for the most part attempt to point that out to him.

The best is how he says "Don't be fooled by their record - they've had a weak schedule". Meanwhile the bolts lose back to back to the Raiders and Rams. HAHAHAHA!

YOU have no right to talk. IF the raiders who suck at 2-4. what was the great team the chargers beat so far. They have n0 running game. There two best play makers are probably out for the game.

I actually think this is going to be a tougher game than people think. I have the same feeling going into this one that I had going into the Jets. My hope is that NE is a mentally tougher team than they were 4 weeks ago, as well as tighter defensively.

IF the Bolts that typically play at home, in the REGULAR season, manage to show up, the Pats will get pounded. However, it seems about 99% likely that the OTHER Bolts that choke on the road to scrubs and in the playoffs, might well show up instead, in which case, the Pats will cruise.

BOU's smack is limited to the first statement above, which he belives is 100% true. However, he is smart enough to start doing some early research below. . .
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,crow,FF.html

:banghead:

I liked this one ROFL

"If we can't beat the Rams with Sam Bradford, a rookiee. How are we going to deal with Tom freaking Brady?"

I also LMFAO at the poster bitching at another SD fan for having the user ID "Jesu666" and the sig that says "Hail Satan!"

I actually think this is going to be a tougher game than people think. I have the same feeling going into this one that I had going into the Jets. My hope is that NE is a mentally tougher team than they were 4 weeks ago, as well as tighter defensively.

I agree with you. I've been calling this a trap game. Just like the Jets. The Pats are coming off a high, the Chargers are coming off a low and are at home injured and with their backs against the wall. An injured animal is a dangerous animal.

I'm going to predict that the Pats get upset in this one. I'm hoping it doesn't happen, and if the team can avoid the upset it will go a long way to establishing them as a consistent winning team in the old Pats' manner. But it's a setup for a trap game.

I too am feeling pretty confident about San Diego. They are HORRIBLE on Special Teams and should get exploited in that regard. If we are half as successful against their ST as we were against Miami, this could get ugly.

Plus, Norv will find a way to lose. I've been saying it for years the guy just doesn't know how to win. He's a loser. Have I mentioned he loses alot?

Really I don't think this will be close. This is not the same SD team that we've seen over the last couple of years. I don't think they can hang with us.

On the flip side, we can't sleep on them either, but I don't see that happening.

Really I don't think this will be close. This is not the same SD team that we've seen over the last couple of years. I don't think they can hang with us.

On the flip side, we can't sleep on them either, but I don't see that happening.

This makes me nervous.

I like being 3 point underdogs.

The best line was about how easy the Patriots' schedule has been. I can only shudder to think at the horror of what we'd be facing if the 4-1 Patriots had met up with juggernauts like the Rams, Seahawks, Jaguars, and Raiders.

Seriously. Are they that stupid?

This makes me nervous.

I like being 3 point underdogs.

The line actually concerns me a little. Despie all evidence to the contrary, NE was a road favorite going into Miami and then a favorite against a team many believed to be the best in the league, albeit at home. Vegas was ahead of the curve on both of those calls.

Said another way, doesn't this look like a much more likely win than at Miami after allowing 30 points to Buffalo? So, why does Vegas see a 4 point difference in the opposite direction?

The line actually concerns me a little. Despie all evidence to the contrary, NE was a road favorite going into Miami and then a favorite against a team many believed to be the best in the league, albeit at home. Vegas was ahead of the curve on both of those calls.

Said another way, doesn't this look like a much more likely win than at Miami after allowing 30 points to Buffalo? So, why does Vegas see a 4 point difference in the opposite direction?

Because they see a very talented San Diego team with their backs against the wall. Perhaps the Chargers were looking past the Rams towards the Pats coming to town. But I expect them to be "charged up" and to give this game everything they have.

<<
So, why does Vegas see a 4 point difference in the opposite direction?
>>

Possibly trying to skew the betting curves. Vegas is concerned with how they make money, not he real chances of one team beating another.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats had a let down game against a desperate SD team.

What would floor me is SD winning on a GW field goal by Kaeding. That guy is like Vanderjagtian in his levels of anti-clutch.

The Chargers are a scary bunch. VJ is hard to contain. Merriman will bring the heat. LdT can really pound the ball. Cromartie can make a play and... Oh, wait, wut?

There's a very likely reason they look bad recently. It's called "a loss of talent".

Why does Vegas see a 4 point difference in the opposite direction?

How do you handicap the Chargers?

"You have to look beyond the traditional offensive and defensive stats in order to handicap the Chargers," Bryan Leonard, a professional handicapper for Footballwinners.com, said. "San Diego has played the weakest schedule in the league. We will venture to say that Kansas City, Jacksonville, Seattle, Arizona, Oakland and St Louis will all be sitting on the sidelines come playoff time. The Chargers continue to make mistakes that keep themselves out of the end zone. Turnovers and penalties have killed this team."

He's right. When they were down 3-0 midway through the first quarter and driving, Philip Rivers threw an interception in the Rams end zone. The next series, the Rams went 80 yards in seven plays to score a touchdown, going up 10-0.

"Chargers are a really easy cap -- they stink on the road, and they are a juggernaut at home," Patrick Donovan, aka "The Sports Boss", said in an e-mail. "Let's look at their splits: Home: 2-0 SU and ATS, outscoring their opponents 79-13. Road: 0-4 SU and ATS, outscored by their opponents 103-78, and they were favorites in all those games laying 4.5, 5, 7, 9.

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/blog?name=millman_chad&id=5699193

So Vegas thinks that the Chargers will be a "juggernaut at home". And that's what I would prepare for if I were the Pats.

<<
I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats had a let down game against a desperate SD team.
>>

I would. No way BB and Brady let the team relax and lose focus.

Back