LOL @ Chargers Fans

Because they see a very talented San Diego team with their backs against the wall. Perhaps the Chargers were looking past the Rams towards the Pats coming to town. But I expect them to be "charged up" and to give this game everything they have.

And isn't about time for them to start morphing out of their yearly early season funk? The one thing that might continue their stinky trend this year is... injuries. :shrug:

They've played two home games. Against the Jags and Cards, who might be 3-2 but are not what you'd call impressive juggernauts. Hard to rationalize a 4-point favorite spread just on that tidbit. I would think this game would be even at best, or even have the Pats favored by up to 4 points. But I like being the underdog. I hope it pisses the Pats off.

BOU loves that Pats fans are incensed about being 4 point dogs on the road against a playoff team from last year with habitual slow starts. Such myopia. . .

As he said before, BOU says that if the typical Bolt home team takes the field, the Pats will not only get owned, but dominated thoroughly. If however, a tight, over-compensating "road" team takes the field, they'll get owned. BOU does not see this game being close.

If Gates and Floyd are out, the scales tip significantly though Rivers will move the ball regardless. The real key (besides our for-shit special teams), will be whether our D can contain your offense.

Also, the crowd won't be a factor unless we get up. Boltfans are rather aggravated with their squad so don't expect a lot of win in the 12th man department.

<<
I like being 3 point underdogs.

I would think this game would be even at best, or even have the Pats favored by up to 4 points. But I like being the underdog. I hope it pisses the Pats off.
>>

If Vegas has SD as a 3 point favorite then they do consider the teams even. 3 points is what they standardly give for home field advantage.

BOU loves that Pats fans are incensed about being 4 point dogs on the road against a playoff team from last year with habitual slow starts. Such myopia. . .

As he said before, BOU says that if the typical Bolt home team takes the field, the Pats will not only get owned, but dominated thoroughly. If however, a tight, over-compensating "road" team takes the field, they'll get owned. BOU does not see this game being close.

If Gates and Floyd are out, the scales tip significantly though Rivers will move the ball regardless. The real key (besides our for-shit special teams), will be whether our D can contain your offense.

Also, the crowd won't be a factor unless we get up. Boltfans are rather aggravated with their squad so don't expect a lot of win in the 12th man department.

We seem "incensed"? Nah..

Floyd IS out.

BOU needs to invest in reading comprehension. Since when is inquiring about something being "incensed"? :rolleyes:

I actually said the Bolts will be a harder out than Pats fans seem to think.

cannot beleived the Chargers are 2-4 played 6 last places teams...

GREAT at homes dogs on the roads... Norv find a way to lose on the road...

team not well prepared will be at the game...

Some genius in that thread just says he knows the Pats have an 'old and slow' defense ... lol hi2u reality? I certainly hope the Chargers staff thinks the same and prepares for Brushi and co. :D

I actually think this is going to be a tougher game than people think. I have the same feeling going into this one that I had going into the Jets. My hope is that NE is a mentally tougher team than they were 4 weeks ago, as well as tighter defensively.

This ^.

Unless I'm misreading the stats, it appears that the Chargers are Number 1 in the league in pass defense, giving up just 164 yds/gm and a passer rating of 67.9, number six in rushing defense giving up just 3.7 yds/carry and first in passing yds/attempt at 9.

Their specials suck, but mn this won't be as easy as I wish.

Cheers, BostonTim

Your offense is done without Gates and VJ.

How do you handicap the Chargers?

"You have to look beyond the traditional offensive and defensive stats in order to handicap the Chargers," Bryan Leonard, a professional handicapper for Footballwinners.com, said. "San Diego has played the weakest schedule in the league. We will venture to say that Kansas City, Jacksonville, Seattle, Arizona, Oakland and St Louis will all be sitting on the sidelines come playoff time. The Chargers continue to make mistakes that keep themselves out of the end zone. Turnovers and penalties have killed this team."

He's right. When they were down 3-0 midway through the first quarter and driving, Philip Rivers threw an interception in the Rams end zone. The next series, the Rams went 80 yards in seven plays to score a touchdown, going up 10-0.

"Chargers are a really easy cap -- they stink on the road, and they are a juggernaut at home," Patrick Donovan, aka "The Sports Boss", said in an e-mail. "Let's look at their splits: Home: 2-0 SU and ATS, outscoring their opponents 79-13. Road: 0-4 SU and ATS, outscored by their opponents 103-78, and they were favorites in all those games laying 4.5, 5, 7, 9.

This actually makes me much happier. Neither Jax nor Zona are anything resembling tough road teams. By all means use two blowouts against crap competition as the entire basis for the splits. :coffee:

I was worried there was more to this story, but nothing to see here, I guess.

I don't like this game. Classic trap. Coming off a big win...playing a desperate team with talent...

I agree with you. I've been calling this a trap game. Just like the Jets. The Pats are coming off a high, the Chargers are coming off a low and are at home injured and with their backs against the wall. An injured animal is a dangerous animal.

I disagree. No division game is a trap game. The Pats knew the JEST would be tough and they know the Chargers are tough at home. Both the Chargers and Patriots are searching for their identities. The Pats have been beating quality opponents searching for theirs, while the Chargers have been beaten by bad teams searching for theirs. The Chargers are certainly a wounded animal, but wounded animals are easier to kill. Winning spurs more winning and losing leads to more losing. After the first Pats score, the fans will check out of the game and after the second unanswered score, the Chargers will check out, too. If both teams show up with heart and the determination to win, talent will triumph. Pats win.

Patriots coach: Bill Belichick
Chargers coach: Norv Turner

Much more extensive analysis could be done, but why bother?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats had a let down game against a desperate SD team.

What would floor me is SD winning on a GW field goal by Kaeding. That guy is like Vanderjagtian in his levels of anti-clutch.

Beavis has a groin injury. Might be missing this game.

Anything can happen and even without Crayton & Gates - they are still a very good team.

I didn't read too far in but my favorite post on that other thread was 'I'm sure the Patriots are shaking in their boots..********* will make Norv his B next week.'

Back