Looking at the Bucs 2021

To be fair, Brees did it in what, 20+ fewer games? But Brees also benefitted from playing in a dome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think so. What is interesting to me is I am not sure if these records (TDs/yards) get broken even with the 17 game regular season. Rodgers is the closest in terms of TDs and yards and he is still 5 seasons worth behind Brady. Given he was considering retirement this past offseason, I don't think he plays that long and of course Brady is still playing and wants to play at least a few more years.

I also think with Mahomes and the other younger QBs, I am not sure if they play as long as Brady because the amount of money they are making is surreal. I guess we'll see but Brady is in Gretsky territory.

I'm glad that Gronk returned to football. He was starting to look like a clown and I hated to see that happen.

I also think with Mahomes and the other younger QBs, I am not sure if they play as long as Brady because the amount of money they are making is surreal. I guess we'll see but Brady is in Gretsky territory.
To me, I think the only younger QB that would be a legitimate threat is Mahomes and with his playing style he isn't going to last long enough to get anywhere close to Brady.

To me, I think the only younger QB that would be a legitimate threat is Mahomes and with his playing style he isn't going to last long enough to get anywhere close to Brady.
I think even contemplating anyone playing as long (and as well) as TFB is in a word silly. It could happen but it seems way less likely to me than impossible the comeback in SB LI.
Never mind youth (with early numbers) and skill levels. Since , as I like to say, no other QB since the dawn of time ever has come remotely close. What then are the odds that Mahomes or anyone is going to come along so soon and repeat this historically absurd outlier?

Tom Brady has more passing TDs in two games this year than Cam Newton had all last season.

To be fair, Brees did it in what, 20+ fewer games? But Brees also benefitted from playing in a dome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bree's was a gun slinger and he had better receivers that could run deep routes and execute those plays. TFB had Randy Moss as his best receiver for what, 3 seasons? Honestly I think it's pretty amazing that Bree's holds that record, he isn't the tallest of QB's but always managed to get the ball downfield pretty effectively.

Brady leading the league in passing TDs and Gronk is leading for TD receptions. Yeah, pretty dumb by Bill. Not on Babe Ruth level but up there for sure.

Back