Looking at the Patriots - 2018

Any interest in Jimmy Graham? Jr read somewhere today where there is mutual interest.

Changed up on him? He was interviewed and somehow equates that as a promise to be drafted? Something's loose in his caboose.

Anyway, football doesn't seem to be very important to him, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for BB's call if I were him.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

They gotta fire whoever is the guy doing the drafting.

Yeah changed up on him.

Maybe during the interview the Pats displayed a strong interest. Maybe there was little to no contact from Washington and they pounced right before Bill could. You have no idea what was said or indicated.

As far as Cleve, they sure seem set up well with some great pieces already in place.

Holy crap Cleveland.

Was just perusing draft info with an eye on possible trade downs for the Pats.

The Factory of Sadness holds 1,4,33,35,64,65,97,119,129,150,161,193.

They are going to build a powerhouse at some point. Look no further than Jax wallowing in suck until it comes together.

I knew they had multiple picks, but......holy shit. The way the 2nd and 3rd rounds are paired could be interesting as well. They could end up dropping back a couple of slots, still get the guys they are targeting and get additional picks.

It's like a can't-miss situation except it's the Browns we're talking about.

Any interest in Jimmy Graham? Jr read somewhere today where there is mutual interest.

Sure, but he was making 10M per in Seattle.

Gronk wants a new deal. I'd guess that our cap balancing tendencies make this an unlikely signing, but, shit, who wouldn't want him?

Gronk wants a new deal. I'd guess that our cap balancing tendencies make this an unlikely signing, but, shit, who wouldn't want him?

He can't block for shit. He's a glorified WR, not that there's anything wrong with that. But we need the likes of a Dwayne Allen or a Hooman, both of whom were very good blockers.

He can't block for shit. He's a glorified WR, not that there's anything wrong with that. But we need the likes of a Dwayne Allen or a Hooman, both of whom were very good blockers.

10M for a really tall wr that's pretty good? I would do it...use him like Ahern or switch him around all over the field for constant mismatches.

I knew they had multiple picks, but......holy shit. The way the 2nd and 3rd rounds are paired could be interesting as well. They could end up dropping back a couple of slots, still get the guys they are targeting and get additional picks.

They hired the ex Chef/Packers guy (Dorsey) and also hired the ex 49ers/Seahawks/Skins guy (McCloughan) as a draft consultant. I'd say they're sick of always picking wrong.

They're going to get better...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...ot-mccloughan-as-consultant-for-18-draft/amp/

Can they afford to sign all of their picks?

Jimmy Graham wont happen unless he takes a deal for 5m. We dont have the cap space for him.

wouldn't make that here unless it's an incentives loaded deal. How much does winning mean to him at this point in his career vs. getting paid?

10M for a really tall wr that's pretty good? I would do it...use him like Ahern or switch him around all over the field for constant mismatches.

exactly what I was thinking. Have him and Cooks run outside the numbers with Dola and JE11 on the inside. Could be outstanding.

Can they afford to sign all of their picks?

Absolutely. The rookie scale has elminated the days when an unproven pick can break the bank. Their overall one, say Sam Darnold, should sign for 5 years at somewhere around 35M with the overall 4, possibly Saquon Barkley, coming in under 30, so the cap numbers for 2018 are easily manageable for a team sitting on fat stacks of cash.

The rest of them will be far less and Cleveland will be in great shape if the guys they pick can play--- right up until their deals all expire and they have to think about re-signing them for way more, in 4 or 5 years depending.

Rookies are a cap bargain under the current system, especially if you can get the 1st rounders to add the optional 5th year.

Happy 70th birthday to Dante Scarnecchia! Scarnecchia has spent the majority of his professional coaching career with the Patriots.
1982-1988.
1991-1998.
1999-2013.
2016-Present.

4× Super Bowl Champion.

DVqh5CLVMAEY2gR.jpg

BB getting in some well deserved R&R

(That's some funky footwear)

DWBRSwfVQAUYcZY.jpg

BB getting in some well deserved R&R

(That's some funky footwear)

They are Vibrams. I have been wearing them for years and absolutely love them. They are like gloves for your feet. So the mechanics of walking is more like being barefoot, but you are protected from objects.

Yeah changed up on him.

Maybe during the interview the Pats displayed a strong interest. Maybe there was little to no contact from Washington and they pounced right before Bill could. You have no idea what was said or indicated.
But you do? You know that BB guaranteed to draft Cravens no matter who was available? Come on. There was no promise to draft. If Cravens took strong interest to be a promise to draft, he's a dope.

Not getting drafted by a team that shows strong interest isn't uncommon. If he still has his panties in a twist two years later because BB didn't trade up to get him before the Skins could, something is seriously wrong with him. Next thing you know he might just walk out on the team. Oh wait...

But you do? You know that BB guaranteed to draft Cravens no matter who was available? Come on. There was no promise to draft. If Cravens took strong interest to be a promise to draft, he's a dope.

Not getting drafted by a team that shows strong interest isn't uncommon. If he still has his panties in a twist two years later because BB didn't trade up to get him before the Skins could, something is seriously wrong with him. Next thing you know he might just walk out on the team. Oh wait...

I only speculated based off comments of the article. It seems he was excited at the prospect of being drafted by the Pats. The dynastic run is probably a pretty good attraction to prospects. Maybe not Lane Johnson, but many.

Washington jumps in without much communication.

Couple that with continued success here, struggles in Washington, and maybe not the best relationship with staff?

Who knows. I sure don’t.

But the guy has some incredible film and Bill could find a role. All this off field just significantly lowers his contract offer. An easy out low hit deal.

After watching this D it’s precisely the type of addition I’d look to add coupled with a strong draft

Your post is a few days old, but you are actually unintentionally touching an interesting point here.

Gronk want's a new deal, but his cap hit on todays deal is 10,9m for 2018 and 12m for 2019. A new deal could lower those numbers short term.

Your post is a few days old, but you are actually unintentionally touching an interesting point here.

Gronk want's a new deal, but his cap hit on todays deal is 10,9m for 2018 and 12m for 2019. A new deal could lower those numbers short term.

I think Gronk is a fascinating case study right now. His cap hits are high the next two seasons. He is also still on his 6 year deal so he wants a new deal. But his back issues and overall health issues have to be a concern for BB in terms of a new contract with a lot of guaranteed money. He will also be 29 in May.

I am guessing Gronk is floating out this retirement storyline to try to force a new deal as he does not want anymore incentive based contracts. I don't blame him but his injury history/age has to have BB concerned.

Not sure which way this one will go but I would like to see us draft a TE as opposed to FA or another trade as we have been striking out there for some time.

Back